View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 2nd, 2014, 10:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 RR Gone? 
QB Coach

Post RR Gone?
Just read this, this morning, any truth, and who do we go for now?

Not sure how Rich Rodriguez's tenure as Michigan's head coach could have turned out worse. He lost his first game to Utah and things went downhill from there. Now, three years later, it appears that he has coached his last game for the Wolverines. And, fittingly perhaps, the sometimes emotional Rodriguez was just that at the team banquet Thursday.

According to WJBK FOX 2, Rodriguez fought back tears while talking about the toll his job has taken on his family, and used passages from the Bible and a Josh Groban song during an emotional address that closed the team's banquet. He didn't speak with reporters before or after the banquet, but is expected to have a news conference on Monday to talk about the bowl game and to dodge questions about his future at Michigan.

Rodriguez finally got a show of support, a standing ovation at the banquet, and cracked jokes as speculation swirls about his future. ...

Then, he got serious with a prepared speech. He cited Hebrews, talking about the faith he had in program's direction, and talked about how Groban's "You Raise Me Up," inspires him before having it played. Rodriguez, his wife, Rita, Brandon and players stood on risers with their hands held above their heads as the song blared in the ballroom."I truly want to be a Michigan man," Rodriguez said.

Uh huh. If there were to be a final nail in Rodriguez's coffin, I'd go with the Josh Groban reference.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

December 4th, 2010, 1:12 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Post Re: RR Gone?
There are a few candidates. But, my personal favorite is Jim Harbaugh.

Other Candidates are, in no particular order,:

Cam Cameron
Ron English
Gary Moehler - Very long shot. But, I would not mind him returning one little bit.
Miles Davis - I don't know much about him. But, he has long been rumored to be interested in the Michigan job.

Also, If Jim Harbaugh gets the job, I wonder if Chuck - Jim and John's dad - would come and be on the coaching staff?

December 4th, 2010, 2:17 pm
I want no part of Ron English, and there's no way the University invites Mo back.

I think that we're smart enough to not fire RR before we are sure who his successor will be. I have a feeling it's either Harbaugh or RR next year.

December 4th, 2010, 4:47 pm
RIP Killer

wjb21ndtown wrote:
I have a feeling it's either Harbaugh or RR next year.

Spartans fans would like RR please...

December 5th, 2010, 12:33 am
Profile WWW
Player of the Year - Defense

Quote:

Cam Cameron
Ron English
Gary Moehler - Very long shot. But, I would not mind him returning one little bit.
Miles Davis - I don't know much about him. But, he has long been rumored to be interested in the Michigan job.

Where did you get this list? You just made it up?

Cam Cameron has UM ties, and has been a successful coordinator in the NFL. But I have yet to hear any rumors of him being interested in the job on any reputable blog or here in AA.

Ron English. No. Enough said. Carr didn't want English to succeed him, which should tell you all you need to know. Further, English has done nothing in the three years since he left. How the hell is he supposed to recruit?

Moehler was a great coach back in the day, but he isn't coming back. Absolutely no way.

Miles Davis. Who the hell is this guy? Can't find anything on google. And if a google search doesn't turn up your name, you aren't high profile enough to be our coach.

At this point, I'm pretty confident it'll either be Harbaugh, or RR will come back for at least one more year. Despite all his faults, RR has shown consistent improvement every year, and he's been good enough not to warrant an outright firing and hiring a random bum off the street.

December 5th, 2010, 5:39 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

From RR melt down the other night, it almost sounds like he needs to check into therapy. I still wondering what Dave Brandon is waiting for, Christmas?

Miles Davis??? Every time I see this name I can only think of the great jazz muscian :?

December 5th, 2010, 8:54 am
RIP Killer

grgrundge wrote:
From RR melt down the other night, it almost sounds like he needs to check into therapy. I still wondering what Dave Brandon is waiting for, Christmas?

Stanford's Bowl game, so he can throw an offer at Harbaugh.

December 5th, 2010, 12:57 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Rich Rod, an embarrassment on and off the field.

December 6th, 2010, 2:20 am
Hall of Fame Player

Blueskies wrote:
Quote:

Cam Cameron
Ron English

Where did you get this list? You just made it up?

Cam Cameron has UM ties, and has been a successful coordinator in the NFL. But I have yet to hear any rumors of him being interested in the job on any reputable blog or here in AA.

Ron English. No. Enough said. Carr didn't want English to succeed him, which should tell you all you need to know. Further, English has done nothing in the three years since he left. How the hell is he supposed to recruit?

Moehler was a great coach back in the day, but he isn't coming back. Absolutely no way.

Miles Davis. Who the hell is this guy? Can't find anything on google. And if a google search doesn't turn up your name, you aren't high profile enough to be our coach.

At this point, I'm pretty confident it'll either be Harbaugh, or RR will come back for at least one more year. Despite all his faults, RR has shown consistent improvement every year, and he's been good enough not to warrant an outright firing and hiring a random bum off the street.

I didn't get the list from anywhere. I simply threw a few names out there were put out there from all the fire Carr threads.

I don't know who Miles Davis is either. I even stated so in my post. But, I do know that his name has been mentioned in connection with Michigan several times in the past.

My post was just as much speculation as any other post in this thread.

No, wonder people get so angry with me ! they see something I post, and they think that I have some inside info or something. Is it because of my username? I am not the real Billy Sims. And the real Billy Sims probably don't know any more about what is going on in sports today than Joe Schmoe.

But, anyhow, anyone with half a brain could have realized the connections to UofM with all but Miles Davis from my list.

I also stated that I would like to see Gary Moehler considered several times in the past. Sure, he screwed up with 1 night of too much to drink. Who among us is innocent in that aspect? Simple fact. Carr won the national title the very next season with Gary Moehler's players and then never threatened to win a national title with his own players.

So, that is why I included Moehler in the list.

December 7th, 2010, 6:24 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Quote:
I didn't get the list from anywhere. I simply threw a few names out there were put out there from all the fire Carr threads.

I don't know who Miles Davis is either. I even stated so in my post. But, I do know that his name has been mentioned in connection with Michigan several times in the past.

No, wonder people get so angry with me ! they see something I post, and they think that I have some inside info or something. Is it because of my username? I am not the real Billy Sims. And the real Billy Sims probably don't know any more about what is going on in sports today than Joe Schmoe.

But, anyhow, anyone with half a brain could have realized the connections to UofM with all but Miles Davis from my list.

I also stated that I would like to see Gary Moehler considered several times in the past. Sure, he screwed up with 1 night of too much to drink. Who among us is innocent in that aspect? Simple fact. Carr won the national title the very next season with Gary Moehler's players and then never threatened to win a national title with his own players.

So, you're saying your post was just wild speculation with no supporting evidence? What is the point then of making such a post?

Here, I can do it too. Possibilities for the next UM coach include:

Bill Clinton
Steve Jobs
Bill Gates
Santa Claus
John L Smith

Moehler was a great coach. (side note: Carr won two years after Moehler, not one, but whatever) But he isn't coming back. He's been out of coaching for 7 years now, and what he did does not jive with TPTB here. I, personally, forgive him and think it was overblown, but thats just not how you conduct yourself as a UM coach. There's a better chance that Lloyd comes out of retirement than Moehler gets the HC gig (that is to say no chance).

December 7th, 2010, 9:31 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Blueskies wrote:
Quote:

So, you're saying your post was just wild speculation with no supporting evidence? What is the point then of making such a post?

Bill Clinton
Steve Jobs
Bill Gates
Santa Claus
John L Smith

Moehler was a great coach. (side note: Carr won two years after Moehler, not one, but whatever) But he isn't coming back. He's been out of coaching for 7 years now, and what he did does not jive with TPTB here. I, personally, forgive him and think it was overblown, but thats just not how you conduct yourself as a UM coach. There's a better chance that Lloyd comes out of retirement than Moehler gets the HC gig (that is to say no chance).

I'd rather have a drunk than a Josh Groban fan.

December 7th, 2010, 10:25 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Blueskies wrote:
Quote:

Bill Clinton
Steve Jobs
Bill Gates
Santa Claus
John L Smith

If I were quoting any source, I would have given the source. So, I don't know why you would have thought I was quoting any source. Unless you think I am too stupid to have any of my own ideas.

DD asked, "Just read this, this morning, any truth, and who do we go for now?"

So, I gave a few names that I have heard mentioned in the past. I wasn't trying to make any allusion to those candidates as being on the official short list.

And also, Miles Davis. I screwed up his name. It's Les Miles I was thinking of. And for some reason, I remembered his name wrong. LOL.

December 7th, 2010, 10:52 pm
RIP Killer

Wannstedt is available! He seems like a UM man type guy...

December 8th, 2010, 12:35 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Here's a possible replacement for RR, Urban drama equals Farve drama, almost!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5899478

I'll believe it when I see his replacement on the field next fall, until then not so much.

December 8th, 2010, 4:08 pm
RIP Killer

For real this time?

December 8th, 2010, 4:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 112 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next