View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 21st, 2014, 3:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 RR Gone? 
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Post Re: RR Gone?
steensn wrote:
For real this time?

I guess time will only tell but ESPN put a link up in regards to him leaving.

December 8th, 2010, 6:21 pm
Veteran General Manager

steensn wrote:
Wannstedt is available! He seems like a UM man type guy...

Alright steensn,

That just wasn't even called for.

Wannstedt ruined 2 NFL teams. Nearly Millenized them. While he may be better in college, ( debatable), I don't want that moron anywhere near my Wolverines.

December 9th, 2010, 8:54 am
RIP Killer

;)

December 9th, 2010, 10:37 am
Player of the Year - Offense

Any chance of doing another Bo, but wooing away a DC or OC from OSU? Similar System, though much more advanced, and that would be a nice shot in the nutz to OSU fans.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

December 9th, 2010, 5:00 pm
RIP Killer

Last DC from OSU is now killing it at MSU...

December 9th, 2010, 5:09 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

DevilDoc wrote:
Any chance of doing another Bo, but wooing away a DC or OC from OSU? Similar System, though much more advanced, and that would be a nice shot in the nutz to OSU fans.

That would be a tough sell in Ann Arbor, Bo not withstanding.

December 9th, 2010, 11:06 pm

I don't think that would be an issue, especially if it was a situation that would develop into Michigan dominance again. I believe it to be more painful that Michigan is under the command of a man who didn't display integrity in jumping from WVU with one game left, and has come in and tarnished a historic, and well known program.

I wonder what people think about Leech, the former Red Raiders coach. He's another madman with the SI scandal, but an offensive genius. I don't want to tarnish Mich. football any more, but he ran that Texas program to the top. I really don't know much about him, or anyone else that would be worth considering.

There's got to be some guys that know who's available, or might be excellent coaches. Any SEC OC/DC's that might make the jump?

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

December 10th, 2010, 3:16 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

DevilDoc wrote:
I don't think that would be an issue, especially if it was a situation that would develop into Michigan dominance again. I believe it to be more painful that Michigan is under the command of a man who didn't display integrity in jumping from WVU with one game left, and has come in and tarnished a historic, and well known program.

I wonder what people think about Leech, the former Red Raiders coach. He's another madman with the SI scandal, but an offensive genius. I don't want to tarnish Mich. football any more, but he ran that Texas program to the top. I really don't know much about him, or anyone else that would be worth considering.

There's got to be some guys that know who's available, or might be excellent coaches. Any SEC OC/DC's that might make the jump?

I don't think there's going to be much room for on the job training. The new guy is going to have to: rebuild a gutted defense, (most likely) move the offense away from the spread, bring in new players that fit his system, convince the team it can be great again, and win over the fans. I don't think a guy without headcoaching experience would be up to the task.

December 10th, 2010, 3:35 pm

I think the Red Raiders coach who got in trouble for locking the SI Mouthpieces son in an equipment room, ran a variation of the spread that was CRAZY good.

I don't know much about them including the actual school name. Plus that brings another shiner to Michigan's eye if this guy has character issues too!

What about someone like Grand Valley's coach? They've run in the top of their league for 5 years or so, and I realize the talent level is incredibly different but he's doing something right.

You got ND's coach who came from CMU, and went to Cincy and has done good things at both, do you think the Lakers coach could step up? That's a mighty big step, but again, he must be doin something right.

December 10th, 2010, 4:29 pm
RIP Killer

Maybe you could recruit from little brother? ;)

December 10th, 2010, 5:26 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Quote:
I don't think that would be an issue

You don't? Are you serious?

RR was hated from day one by half the alumni and the media simply because he wasn't a "Michigan man". Can you imagine how much hatred there would be for an OSU guy? No way.

RR was treated badly from the get go, and every mistake he's made has been highlighted extensively. Granted, he hasn't done the best with the opportunities he's been given, but he hasn't been given any slack at all.

If you put a non-Michigan man in the job (lets forget an OSU man altogether) you're going to have to tell them: you need to win (like get to a BCS bowl) within three years or you'll be fired. Further, you're going to have do it playing a tough schedule against the likes of Alabama, Nebraska, OSU (and potentially MSU if they stay good and ND if Kelly makes them good again). You also need to convert the team from the spread back to a pro style offense (assuming they hire a pro style coach, which I'm guessing they would) with talent targeted specifically for the spread.

That's why I can't see a non-Michigan man replacing RR. He'd have to have massive cajones, or be completely crazy.

December 11th, 2010, 5:13 am

I can see your point, but I don't believe it would be a foul as you think. If we didn't have the history of Bo Schembechler, then I think it would be salt in an open wound. But because of that history, and looking at how well developed OSU, it seems like the obvious choice, provided someone was willing to leave.

I can't think of anyone out there who is a Michigan man, that is prepared to come in to Michigan at this time. Harbaugh is going to stay, I don't know about Miles, and that leaves very few choices.

Kelly is already progressed far beyond RR in one season, and will have the Irish competing at a higher level very soon. He's been able to come in and adapt his plans for the players he's had, and done fairly well. They are still getting good recruiting, and I see them heading up.

Please keep in mind that I do not have my ear to the ground on who's available or what style of coaching they have, but it's pretty obvious that the RR spread isn't working. Nebraska is going to come in and immeadiately vie for a Big Ten title, their defense is pretty good, and they are able to move the ball and score points.

Steesn, Treadwell is probably going to coach MSU next year, as the other guy ( I seriously can't remember his name right now) had health concerns that I think I heard he was looking to step down. Even if he doesn't Treadwell isn't leaving, these guys are lifelong friends, and will work together until Treadwell takes the reins.

Was there any thought to my question about the Lakers coach? I know it seems silly, but for a guy to do that well, for that many years, it seems like a promotion would be in order. I don't know much about Grand Valley except that they've been playing in the Championship game at least the last 4 years.
It's just a question.

So my last question is for those with more football knowledge:

Who's available?
Who would you like to coach U of M?

December 11th, 2010, 9:45 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

DD, the Laker guy I think you are thinking about is Chuck Martin who left GVSU last season and join Kelley on his staff at ND, coaching DBs. Martin was the guy who replaced Kelley at GVSU and was extremely sucessful, I thought UM should of given him an interview when the RR hiring process taking place, a great motivational type of personality. The guy this past season at GVSU, his name slips my mind was his first season, but he still did very good.

December 11th, 2010, 10:42 am
Pro Bowl Player

My sources say Harbaugh to Michigan is a done deal, and will be announced Jan 4.

Quote:
And also, Miles Davis. I screwed up his name. It's Les Miles I was thinking of. And for some reason, I remembered his name wrong. LOL.

December 14th, 2010, 9:01 am
RIP Killer

We'll see....

December 14th, 2010, 11:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next