View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 28th, 2014, 3:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Now we can find out about Troy... 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Now we can find out about Troy...
Got it. Don't really follow SF but had seen a few of Troys games. Seen plenty of AS, and think he will never be more than a BU quality player. I still say let the kid start, but Singletary is going to play for the W every week, so if he thinks AS gives them the best chance, thats what hell do.

December 7th, 2010, 1:56 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
RIP Killer

He should have been benched... just like every other year they gave him a chance.

2005: 2-5
2006: 9-7 (terrible stats)
2007: 2-5
2008: 0-0
2009: 6-5
2010: 1-6

Total: 27-28

He has PROVEN to suck...

December 7th, 2010, 1:57 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
He should have been benched... just like every other year they gave him a chance.

He has PROVEN to suck...

I would be thrilled with any QB of the Lions that could sniff 27-28. So Steens, if you want to go by record, Matt Stafford must REALLY SUCK!!!

December 7th, 2010, 10:12 pm
RIP Killer

conversion02 wrote:
steensn wrote:

He has PROVEN to suck...

I would be thrilled with any QB of the Lions that could sniff 27-28. So Steens, if you want to go by record, Matt Stafford must REALLY SUCK!!!

I'm just going off the talent level you put the 49ers at before... You have stated the 49ers were at least a good team... are they now a bad team? A good QB could have won with the 49ers talent, no one can win with the Lions talent. Even QB's leave here and win elsewhere. You know there is more to it and that the 49ers were good enough to win more games than Smith won with them... that is the point.

December 8th, 2010, 11:08 am
RIP Killer

Basically, the facts are:

1-6 A. Smith
3-2 T. Smith

Same team, same season...

Who gives you the best chance of winning?

December 8th, 2010, 11:44 am
RIP Killer

Ok, why not post Gore's rushing stats too? That team lives and dies by the run game. When the OL sucks, the team loses. Their OL sucked for the first 4 or 5 weeks, then improved greatly. Noticed how, even with Troy, they couldn't run at all against Tampa and got housed?

December 8th, 2010, 12:06 pm
RIP Killer

They also won with Gore getting only 87 yards 1TD and lost with a 112 yard game 1 TD and lost with a 102 yard game. It seems that it didn't matter how Gore did, things are pretty even:

Lost with a good game by Gore: 4
Lost with a bad game by Gore: 3
Won with a Good game by Gore: 3

Criteria was over 120 all purpose yards.

Not seeing a trend that helps you...

December 8th, 2010, 12:28 pm
RIP Killer

Do you even watch the games or simply just putting out stats? If you bothered to watch any SF games from the first 6 weeks, you'd see that their line stunk it up, especially on 3rd and short. Gore got absolutely nothing running the ball when he needed to and drives continually stalled out. The only time I've seen that in the past 5 weeks is against Tampa.

December 8th, 2010, 12:47 pm
RIP Killer

You watched all those games? No I didn't get to watch EVERY single game, I caught a couple that were on here. Sorry... but you can twist it all the way down you want... but getting nothing on third down and losing compared to getting NOTHING all game and losing seem about just as bad to me...

December 8th, 2010, 12:52 pm
RIP Killer

Let's not forget that the 49ers lost their starting left tackle against STL after he played with a broken leg for a few series negating a 49 yard TD pass on a holding call and adding another holding call before being replaced. Tony Wragge filled in at left tackle, a position he had never played. Still won that game... even with HUGe mistakes by the Oline...

December 8th, 2010, 1:06 pm
RIP Killer

Steens - where's the post this week?

How about that other Smith guy???

December 14th, 2010, 9:26 am
RIP Killer

I forgot to check, looks like Alex had the best game of his career!!! Lol... ironic. It only took a terrible first half of the season and an injury to get something done. Let's see how he plays out.

December 14th, 2010, 11:31 am
Rookie Player of the Year

steensn wrote:
I forgot to check, looks like Alex had the best game of his career!!! Lol... ironic. It only took a terrible first half of the season and an injury to get something done. Let's see how he plays out.

A. Smith is positively Harrington-esque. Seems to be good at doing just enough to buy himself a couple more weeks.

December 14th, 2010, 1:20 pm
RIP Killer

thelomasbrowns wrote:
steensn wrote:

A. Smith is positively Harrington-esque. Seems to be good at doing just enough to buy himself a couple more weeks.

HAHA, that is a pretty good analogy.

December 14th, 2010, 2:05 pm
RIP Killer

Not so hot game for the other Smith this week.

December 22nd, 2010, 4:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next