View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 27th, 2014, 3:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1014 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 68  Next
 OSU, Tressel & Pryor - NCAA Violations: Fact or Fiction? 
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Post OSU, Tressel & Pryor - NCAA Violations: Fact or Fiction?
I know we have some Bucknut lovers and haters on this board so here's the latest from Columbus. Have at it:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5949724

December 23rd, 2010, 10:41 am
RIP Killer

Post Re: OSU and Tattos
Weird thing is is that the OSU boards had this a few days ago and we dismissed it because it was first brought up on a gambling site for Las Vegas. Wonder if there is more to it now...

December 23rd, 2010, 11:10 am
steensn wrote:
Weird thing is is that the OSU boards had this a few days ago and we dismissed it because it was first brought up on a gambling site for Las Vegas. Wonder if there is more to it now...

I've heard that the FBI is involved, as well as Pryor...

December 23rd, 2010, 11:56 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I also read that they are looking at stolen items as well.

NEVER GIVE UP!

December 23rd, 2010, 12:30 pm

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/12/23/5- ... 1&iref=BN1

5 players suspended for the beginning of the 2011 season.. I wonder why they didn't include the bowl game this year?

NEVER GIVE UP!

December 23rd, 2010, 1:22 pm

Wow! I guess the verdict is in but can be appealed. These guys sold their championship rings? You would think after the AJ Green incident, people would be a little bit more careful unless it happen before that. Isn't there any pride left anymore!

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/ViewAr ... =205058857

December 23rd, 2010, 1:25 pm

Herron and Pryor are probably gonna leave now so really.. this suspension doesn't effect them.

NEVER GIVE UP!

December 23rd, 2010, 1:37 pm

LionsFan4Life wrote:
Herron and Pryor are probably gonna leave now so really.. this suspension doesn't effect them.

You are right about Pryor and Herron, why sit almost a half season when you can go elsewhere and get paid. It would of been more punishing if they sat out this year's bowl game. The NCAA is a very hypocritcal organization and one hard to figure out when it comes to these issues.

December 23rd, 2010, 1:59 pm

grgrundge wrote:
LionsFan4Life wrote:

You are right about Pryor and Herron, why sit almost a half season when you can go elsewhere and get paid. It would of been more punishing if they sat out this year's bowl game. The NCAA is a very hypocritcal organization and one hard to figure out when it comes to these issues.

Yeah, the NCAA sure is inconsistent.

NEVER GIVE UP!

December 23rd, 2010, 2:01 pm
RIP Killer

grgrundge wrote:
LionsFan4Life wrote:

I actually think it is worse for Pryor and Herron to miss the first five games next year than miss this game this year. Neither one are first rounders in this year's draft, but missing five games next year also means they will have to leave early because there is no way they prove themselves in half a season as a top draft pick. This basically kills both's chances of making millions more than what they will end up getting. All for a couple thousand dollars.

I have no words for someone that would sell championship rings and awards given to them. These guys are gonna be HATED by OSU fans, OSU fans are not very forgiving...

December 23rd, 2010, 3:10 pm
RIP Killer

Also, does anyone understand why Pryor gets a five game suspension for selling some pants for a thousand dollars but Cam Newton can be shopped around for hundreds of thousands of dollars and he gets nothing? Yes, very inconsistent indeed...

But let's be honest, why did they get this one game... $$$ for the NCAA. Imagine an OSU team without those guys... no one would watch the whole game.

December 23rd, 2010, 3:13 pm

Glad to see your OSU homerism isn't shining through in this steen =D>

NEVER GIVE UP!

December 23rd, 2010, 3:19 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

steensn wrote:
Also, does anyone understand why Pryor gets a five game suspension for selling some pants for a thousand dollars but Cam Newton can be shopped around for hundreds of thousands of dollars and he gets nothing? Yes, very inconsistent indeed...

But let's be honest, why did they get this one game... $$$ for the NCAA. Imagine an OSU team without those guys... no one would watch the whole game.

thats pretty obvious when one of yer main fight songs starts out with " I dont really care for anything from Michigan" lol

December 23rd, 2010, 3:20 pm
RIP Killer

I am not that big of a homer. I call it like I see it.... though you may call this next part homerism:

Tressel and OSU should be commended for being the ones to report this to the NCAA just like they have in the past. Teams like Auburn and others all new about the pay for play scheme of Newton's dad and said nothing till it got out. This should be recognized that they are not willing to throw it to the wind to hid things.

December 23rd, 2010, 3:21 pm

Steensn, has there been any rumblings of this issue in Buckeye nation and if so when did it first come to light? The first time I heard about it was last night and all of a sudden these guys are suspended for five games. I'm a sports junkie who pretty much keeps up with everything and this caught me by surprise. You would think there would of been rumors and such earlier in the year, these rule infractions go back like three years.

December 23rd, 2010, 3:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1014 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 68  Next