View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 24th, 2014, 4:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 2011 Lion's Super Bowl 
RIP Killer

Post Re: 2011 Lion's Super Bowl
The last thing the Lions need to draft is another RB. They have Best, they have Morris, they have Smith, they have Felton, they have Brown. And while none of them have really lit the gridiron on fire this season, I'm inclined to believe it is not the result of their inadequacies, but the fault of the offensive line.

Using a pick on a RB in the top four rounds would be ludicrous with the needs this team has at other positions. I understand that the team wants to go with BPA, but that has to be tempered with needs as well. I mean, if the Lions are picking like 8th, and both CBs are off the board, but Nick Fairley is available, do the Lions take him? I think not, as they are pretty well set for starters at DT.

The Lions most dire needs are at CB, LB and OL. And while getting a power back to compliment the 'lightning' of Jahvid Best would be nice, those type of RBs can be had in later rounds all day long. Anthony Dixon went to the 49ers last season near the top of the sixth round. He was a guy that I liked....and now the 49ers like him too. There should be one available later in this coming draft.

December 24th, 2010, 2:19 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Blount works as an example of this (despite his punch issue) as do many other players. I agree completely. Improve the Oline = Improve the Running Game.

December 24th, 2010, 3:01 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
RIP Killer

DJ-B wrote:
Blount works as an example of this (despite his punch issue) as do many other players. I agree completely. Improve the Oline = Improve the Running Game.

Great example. Another would be a guy like Rashad Jennings, who is the backup for Jones-Drew in Jacksonville. He doesn't get a bunch of carries, but when he's called upon he's doing a great job for them. He's averaging 6.8 YPC this year. He was a 7th round pick in 2009, and was a guy I wanted the Lions to consider picking in the 6th round, instead of Aaron Brown. The Jags got him with the 250th pick in that draft. DAMN....just, DAMN.

December 24th, 2010, 4:17 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

m2karateman wrote:
The last thing the Lions need to draft is another RB. They have Best, they have Morris, they have Smith, they have Felton, they have Brown. And while none of them have really lit the gridiron on fire this season, I'm inclined to believe it is not the result of their inadequacies, but the fault of the offensive line.

Using a pick on a RB in the top four rounds would be ludicrous with the needs this team has at other positions. I understand that the team wants to go with BPA, but that has to be tempered with needs as well. I mean, if the Lions are picking like 8th, and both CBs are off the board, but Nick Fairley is available, do the Lions take him? I think not, as they are pretty well set for starters at DT.

The Lions most dire needs are at CB, LB and OL. And while getting a power back to compliment the 'lightning' of Jahvid Best would be nice, those type of RBs can be had in later rounds all day long. Anthony Dixon went to the 49ers last season near the top of the sixth round. He was a guy that I liked....and now the 49ers like him too. There should be one available later in this coming draft.

Agree, don't want the Lions addressing the backfield before the 6th. Too many other priorities, like a 3rd receiver, safety, starters and depth at LB, interior O-lineman.

December 24th, 2010, 4:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3