View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 26th, 2014, 3:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 1014 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 68  Next
 OSU, Tressel & Pryor - NCAA Violations: Fact or Fiction? 
RIP Killer

Post Re: OSU and Tattos
http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/sp ... ml?sid=101

Welll, now that I've had time to digest this and reading this article... puts things in a bit of a perspective. They still new better, but what did they really do wrong?

December 25th, 2010, 7:17 pm
Hall of Fame Player

steensn wrote:
http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/sports/stories/2010/12/24/poseys-mom-blames-ncaa-for-players-money-plight.html?sid=101

Welll, now that I've had time to digest this and reading this article... puts things in a bit of a perspective. They still new better, but what did they really do wrong?

Um, let me guess. They broke NCAA rules. Degree of offense does not matter. Your a Christian. You should know that Lying gets the same punishment as murder.

December 25th, 2010, 8:34 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

FWIW. Probably not a snowball chance in hell but since it is OSU related I thought I would stick it here. Maybe the "vest" is thinking about that A2 job :roll:

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/daily-c ... state.html

December 26th, 2010, 9:22 am
Hall of Fame Player

Hey Steensn,

maybe Wannstedt wants the OSU job.

December 26th, 2010, 9:35 am
QB Coach

The ridiculous part about all of this is that the players still get to play on the bowl game. If they did break the rules, it should be enforced now, not next year. No way does USC, LSU, Alabama, etc get this treatment. What if these players go pro? Then there is no punishment. How is that fair to a school like USC who had to give up their wins because of Reggie Bush? If tgere is going to be punishment, these players should not be allowed to play in the bowl game.

Think about it this way: By this standard, Cam Newton should just come out and admit he broke the rules. Then he can still play in the national title game, be "suspended" for games next season, then go pro and face no consequences. How is that any different?

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

December 26th, 2010, 1:12 pm
RIP Killer

Back off, I'm not questioning the penalty, I'm questioning the rule. Stop hating just to hate because your team sucks.

December 26th, 2010, 2:17 pm
QB Coach

steensn wrote:
Back off, I'm not questioning the penalty, I'm questioning the rule. Stop hating just to hate because your team sucks.

I agree both the penalty and the rule are dumb. I don't hate OSU. Don't hate any teams. I think the NCAA is the problem here. That's who I'm mad at.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

December 26th, 2010, 2:28 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

The rule HAS to be there though for fair recruiting. Think about it like this. Say MSU has a HUGE booster club. Bigger than any other school. if the rule weren't in place the school could give the players all kinds of bricka-brack to sell to their boosters at asorbant prices, thuis making it unfair to other schools. Fact is these kids are getting a grade A education and free cost of living...no matter how much the nCAA makes the rules are there for a reason. now the PENALTY was a bit stupid. if they did bad enough to get a suspension that should DEFINATLY include bowl games. Thats where the NCAA is being hypocritical.

December 27th, 2010, 1:31 pm
RIP Killer

No, A rule needs to be there not that rule. There has to be a better way... again, they knew it was wrong and thhey should be punished. But 5 games next year is one heck of a punishment for a very minor offense no matter what we think of it.

December 27th, 2010, 4:54 pm
steensn wrote:
No, A rule needs to be there not that rule. There has to be a better way... again, they knew it was wrong and thhey should be punished. But 5 games next year is one heck of a punishment for a very minor offense no matter what we think of it.

5 games next year from a handful of players, many of which will likely be gone...

December 29th, 2010, 1:10 am
RIP Killer

They all were planning on coming back until this happened. This ruins their chances of proving themselves. HUGE hit to them from a draft status standpoint... especially Pryor.

December 29th, 2010, 12:04 pm
steensn wrote:
They all were planning on coming back until this happened. This ruins their chances of proving themselves. HUGE hit to them from a draft status standpoint... especially Pryor.

As it should be. It goes to their character. Pryor showed signs of this behavior before he committed to OSU, and I'm not surprised that he's caught up in it. I don't know why these kids can't understand that they have to wait to be legends in their own mind. If they behave properly they'll literally have more money than they can know what to do with, if they don't, they may be rich, but they'll have squandered millions before they made their first dime...

December 29th, 2010, 2:14 pm
QB Coach

The biggest question I have in all of this is did they sell the stuff for more than it is worth on the open market? If not, then this shouldn't be an issue. Think about it, if they sold it for the same amount that anyone else could sell a similar item for, then they didn't do anything that anyone else could do. But, if they got more for the stuff than it is actually worth, then it is a problem. I still haven't heard what the case is with regard to that. Either way, the NCAA suspensions not taking effect until next year are ridiculous.

December 29th, 2010, 2:26 pm
RIP Killer

And Pryor stands to lose the most along with Boom. Pryor is NOT a first round QB coming out this year, though someone might take an early flyer on him because the NFL has lots of hubris when it comes to QBs. Boom had an outstanding season, but he needs to break out and show he can be good consistently. Both will likely lose millions and they know it...

Again, I don't know why these guys are being hated on, though the OSU fans are way worse than you guys to be honest. It isn't like they cheated or stole things. Read the article I posted, some of these guys just don't have an alternative choice as they cannot work any jobs because of the amount of time devote to making the NCAA millions of dollars. They can't take out loans, they can't do this or that, they are stuck.

I clearly have no idea why anyone would sell their stuff like that... I honestly was surprised anyone would get rid of that stuff. But really, does it speak to their character? Really?

December 29th, 2010, 2:28 pm
Hall of Fame Player

steensn wrote:
And Pryor stands to lose the most along with Boom. Pryor is NOT a first round QB coming out this year, though someone might take an early flyer on him because the NFL has lots of hubris when it comes to QBs. Boom had an outstanding season, but he needs to break out and show he can be good consistently. Both will likely lose millions and they know it...

Again, I don't know why these guys are being hated on, though the OSU fans are way worse than you guys to be honest. It isn't like they cheated or stole things. Read the article I posted, some of these guys just don't have an alternative choice as they cannot work any jobs because of the amount of time devote to making the NCAA millions of dollars. They can't take out loans, they can't do this or that, they are stuck.

I clearly have no idea why anyone would sell their stuff like that... I honestly was surprised anyone would get rid of that stuff. But really, does it speak to their character? Really?

Same argument that has been used for the last 100 years. Every time someone is found cheating or doing something else that is against NCAA rules. Look, I agree that the rule sucks and that College players should get some of the money they generate. But, the rule is the rule, for every college. Yours broke it and got caught.

December 29th, 2010, 2:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1014 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 68  Next