View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 17th, 2014, 3:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Now we can find out about Troy... 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Now we can find out about Troy...
Oops...

Quote:
The old Troy Smith
Former Ravens quarterback Troy Smith made a big mistake Sunday in his heated argument with his coach, and it will probably end his career in the National Football League. There had better be some extreme circumstances for Smith to get into an argument with Singletary.

I'm not a big fan of Singletary as a head coach, but he was the only one to give Smith another opportunity after the Ravens cut him at the beginning of the season. Whatever happened could have been handled off the sidelines. Smith, though, has always had a cockiness about him, and was hard-headed even when he was here in Baltimore. I had hoped he would get his football life together in San Francisco, that a new start would bring out all his talents.

Instead, what I saw was the old Smith, the one who seemed to thrive on confrontation.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ ... smith.html

December 27th, 2010, 3:01 pm
RIP Killer

Didn't see the game, am in browns country this week. Did see that highlight though, was thinking "what are you thinking!" Don't know how this is the "old" troy smith though.

December 27th, 2010, 4:58 pm
I don't know if they opened up the playbook and he couldn't handle it, or if teams just finally had some material to scout on him, but he definitely seemed to regress to the player that I thought he was.

Still think he could be a decent 3rd string option, but I highly doubt he will ever be anything more.

December 29th, 2010, 1:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8