View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 19th, 2014, 2:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 vote to remove dawg killa 
RIP Killer

Post Re: vote to remove dawg killa
I'm sorry, but I'm with CO2 on this one. I think Vick is still a lowlife. Talented? Yes. But he used dogs for sport and profit, then killed them when they didn't earn their keep. He didn't even kill them humanely, he used methods (drowning or electrocution) that are painful and take time to kill. We won't even use those methods on people who kill other people (but we should). Sorry, I'm an animal owner and though he earned the right to play football again, he'll NEVER earn my respect for him as a human being.

My opinion....entitled to it.

January 4th, 2011, 2:48 pm
RIP Killer

Yes you are... you are absolutely allowed to treat him like he hasn't made changes in his life and turned a corner. It's America, you are free to think and say it... but if one want to look at reality, one would realize he what he did in his past doesn't necessarily determine who he is now. In fact, it could be the best indication of how far he has turned around.

January 4th, 2011, 5:46 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
Yes you are... you are absolutely allowed to treat him like he hasn't made changes in his life and turned a corner. It's America, you are free to think and say it... but if one want to look at reality, one would realize he what he did in his past doesn't necessarily determine who he is now. In fact, it could be the best indication of how far he has turned around.

Same goes for rapists, child molesters, and murderers...some people like to forgive and forget. That's your prerogative. I personally think he realized the financial aspect and decided he needed to "change". Do I think he's changed? No. Is he still doing what he did? 99.999% likely not. Doesn't mean he's changed as a person. Just because he's playing football and talking the talk doesn't mean he's changed. Nobody around here knows him in his personal life.

January 5th, 2011, 8:35 am
RIP Killer

Yes, the same goes for all those people. They all have the ability to change. Do I know Vick personally? No, but people whom seem to have a level of moral conviction are convinced and so will I. No reason to hold things against people, benefit of the doubt.

January 5th, 2011, 10:18 am
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:

In truth, I'm not treating Vick any way at all, because in order to "treat" him a certain way, I'd have to interact with him, and that is highly unlikely.

I don't have a problem with giving people second chances....but that doesn't mean I like or accept what they did that is forcing them to ask for that second chance. He was an adult, knew what he was doing was wrong, lied about it to try and cover it up because he knew it was wrong. If he's changed his life for the better, I'm happy for him. I would ask one thing, if it's found out in the future he's involved with dogfighting again (which I think is unlikely), throw him in the ring with the dogs with no way out.

January 5th, 2011, 11:01 pm
RIP Killer

Once you publicly call him lowelife, you are treating him like something. Anyway, take it for what it is...

January 6th, 2011, 10:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2