View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2014, 9:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 What does Carolina do now? 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: What does Carolina do now?
Wayne Fontes wrote:
AJ Green should probably be the pick at #1, but if I were in charge I would take Da'Quan Bowers. He's not Julius Peppers or Mario Williams, but he's damn close. The only issue is going to be if the Panthers want to take a shot at a kid who underachieved this year. His pops died and he sort of "recommitted" himself to playing football. Hopefully if they take him #1 the money and fame won't go to his head and get fat and lazy like he did during his sophomore year.

Regressed? I did not know who this kid was last year. Didnt he have 15 1/2 sacks this year. Am I thinking of the wrong person. I havent heard anyone say Bowers regressed in any way. Maybe I misunderstood your post?

Quote:
As for Green, another guy who has questionable character. Granted, I think he got a raw deal by the NCAA, but you do have to question whether or not the guy knows how to keep his nose clean, or if he's just going to be another diva receiver.

Dunno about any character issues (but havent read much about him). Seen his talent on field, but I am scared of a #1 overall WR (except CJ who should have gone #1, lol). No OL currently projects that high, but I could see them going DL with Bowers or Fairley.

Quote:
Carolina's gotta be pissed Luck isn't coming out.

100% agree. Luck was either #1 or a HUGE Trading chip. Now they are stuck at #1 choosing from a bunch of guys that IMO (compared to Luck as a real #1) should be like #5-10. Overall not that impressed with the top of this draft class at all, other than Luck specifically, and the 2 DBs.

Quote:
I think Clausen and Pike deserve shots, but if you have a chance at a legitimate franchise QB, you take it. All the signs point to Luck being exactly that, whereas 47 other guys were viewed as being better than Clausen, including 2 other QB's.

Agree. I think the 3 of them compete (Clausen, Pike, Moore) now that Luck is ou. No doubt he was the pick however if he came out, regardless of them having other Qbs.

January 8th, 2011, 10:05 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
RIP Killer

Killwill25 wrote:
Punkdazed wrote:
Mallett screwed himself at the bowl game. He locked up a lower pick for sure. I don't see Carolina taking a qb. And I don't think Clausen is necessarily a bust. Why not give him one more year?

Mallett's WRs let him down the whole game.

Had the receivers caught the dang ball, Mallet would have looked like a stud.

January 9th, 2011, 1:37 am
Color Commentator - John Madden

DJ, I misspoke about him underachieving this year. He's played great this year. What I meant to say was that he was the #1 recruit coming out of HS and he didn't really put it together until this year. He had 1 sack his freshman year and 3 his sophomore year. But he's blown up this year. He just kind of skated through the first two years, but once his father died he basically woke up and his effort matched his talent finally. He lost 15 pounds and looks like a dominant player. My concern is if once he gets to the pros and has lots of money if he'll get fat and lazy again, that's all.

AJ Green had to sit out the first 4 games of the season because he sold his 09 Independence bowl game worn jersey to an agent. It's a similar story to the Ohio State schlubs who sold their stuff for tattoos and other things. Whether or not a guy should be allowed to do this sort of thing isn't the issue, it's just that he should have known better and if he didn't, he's a moron.

January 9th, 2011, 1:48 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Gotcha. makes much more sense now and I can totally understand your concern. hes that guy with the talent but you are unsure of the real deep down drive, and he could be a one year wonder.

Not like Suh who had a few continually growing and dominant years at nebraska.

January 9th, 2011, 6:40 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2