View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 1st, 2014, 2:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Declared Juniors so far.... 
Hall of Fame Player

Post Declared Juniors so far....
I just thought there should be a thread for this so we could keep track of who's in and who's out.

Going Pro:

- Martez Wilson / LB / Illinois
- Lawrence Guy / DT / Arizona State
- Ryan Williams / RB / Virginia Tech
- Robert Sands / S / West Virginia
- Jamie Harper / RB / Clemson
- Aldon Smith / DE / Missouri
- Dion Lewis / RB / Pittsburgh
- Marcell Dareus / DL / Alabama
- John Clay / RB / Wisconsin
- Julio Jones / WR / Alabama
- Rahim Moore / S / UCLA
- Ryan Mallett / QB / Arkansas
- Darren Evans / RB / Virginia Tech
- J.J. Watt / DE / Wisconsin
- Mark Ingram / RB / Alabama
- Da'Quan Bowers / DE / Clemson
- Kyle Rudolph / TE / Notre Dame
- Brandon Harris / CB / Miami (Fl)
- Zane Parr / DE / Virginia
- Akeem Ayers / OLB / UCLA
- Blaine Gabbert / QB / Missouri
- Tandon Doss / WR / Indiana
- Jordan Todman / RB / Connecticut
- Shane Vereen / RB / California
- Muhammad Wilkerson / DT / Temple
- Aaron Williams / CB / Texas
- DeAndre Brown / WR / Southern Miss.
- Torrey Smith / WR / Maryland
- A.J. Green / WR / Georgia
- Will Hill / S / Florida
- Jurrel Casey / DT / USC
- Tyron Smith / OT / USC

Staying In School:

- Janoris Jenkins / CB / Florida
- Omar Bolden / CB / Arizona State
- Ryan Broyles / WR / Oklahoma
- Dont'a Hightower / MLB / Alabama
- Andrew Luck / QB / Stanford
- Matt Reynolds / OT / BYU
- Travis Lewis / OLB / Oklahoma
- LaMichael James / RB / Oregon
- Alfonzo Dennard / CB / Nebraska
- Nick Foles / QB / Arizona
- Marc Tyler / RB / USC
- Ryan Miller / OL / Colorado

January 10th, 2011, 2:57 pm
Walk On

Post Re: Declared Juniors so far....
I'm a big fan of Javid Best ... but I still don't consider him an every down back. I really see LB and OL as the Lion's greatest needs, but if Leshoure is available I think he's just too much of a beast to pass up...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/co ... 6771.story

January 11th, 2011, 9:20 am
RIP Killer

I.E. wrote:
I'm a big fan of Javid Best ... but I still don't consider him an every down back. I really see LB and OL as the Lion's greatest needs, but if Leshoure is available I think he's just too much of a beast to pass up...

Are you talking about in the first or second round? He's reach in the first round, but I agree he'd be a deal with their #44 pick. But then again it would depend on who else is left on the board.

I know I've said I'd like to see the Lions take Bruce Carter at that spot, but I recently read that he had to have his entire knee basically reconstructed. I knew he had significant damage, but not that much. I thought it was only two (ACL, MCL) ligaments he tore. He actually tore all three. Not cool. Based on that, I'd like pass on taking Carter that soon. Hope is not a strategy.

January 11th, 2011, 11:31 am
RIP Killer

Ouch, this is the first I heard of all three... he's gonna slide far...

January 11th, 2011, 11:38 am
Color Commentator - John Madden

Maybe? If he gets a clean bill of health and has a good combine he'll be fine. Ernie Sims had 5 concussions in college, and he went in the top 10 (but that was Millen). Some guys can get injured in college and not have any issues in the pros, and vice versa, see Matt Stafford.

January 11th, 2011, 11:43 am
RIP Killer

Wayne Fontes wrote:
Maybe? If he gets a clean bill of health and has a good combine he'll be fine. Ernie Sims had 5 concussions in college, and he went in the top 10 (but that was Millen). Some guys can get injured in college and not have any issues in the pros, and vice versa, see Matt Stafford.

You are comparing a concussion, which requires no surgery, to a knee that was basically destroyed. Recovering from a concussion and major knee reconstruction aren't even close to being the same. Sorry, but Bruce won't be running at the Combine or a Pro Day. He'll still be on cruches at that time. He has months of rehabbing ahead of him. Reports are that the BEST he can hope for is to be able to do light workouts involving running (no cutting) by July. At that point, they'll look to see how the knee holds up and if it swells.

Also, Ernie Sims would have been held out many more games in college if those concussions were happening now. Just two or three years ago, if he could see how many fingers the coaches held up, he was considered to be fine and expected to take the field again.

January 11th, 2011, 12:06 pm
RIP Killer

Bruce is screwed, unfortunate, but it's life. We can only hope he makes a great recovery, but he will never be the same.

January 11th, 2011, 12:07 pm
RIP Killer

Jason Fox was a legit 2nd rounder last year, and he slid to the 4th. I wouldn't be surprised if Carter was an early 3rd rounder.

January 11th, 2011, 12:11 pm
RIP Killer

conversion02 wrote:
Jason Fox was a legit 2nd rounder last year, and he slid to the 4th. I wouldn't be surprised if Carter was an early 3rd rounder.

True, but Jason Fox played the entire season on that bad knee, because the injury wasn't nearly as serious. With an injury like Bruce Carter suffered, he could slide even lower than the third round. Who knows? I can't recall a player suffering that serious of an injury that late in the season getting picked any earlier than the third round.

January 11th, 2011, 4:47 pm
Modmin Dude

PFT wrote:
The underclassmen declarations tracker
Posted by Evan Silva on January 11, 2011, 9:31 PM EST

We can count on very few things heading into an offseason without a new Collective Bargaining Agreement, but we do know that the NFL draft will take place. Just like last year, it will be a three-day affair beginning on Thursday, April 28.

Last year, more than half of the first 32 draft picks were underclassmen. NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock predicted on PFT Live last Friday that even more early entrants would be included in this year’s first round. Mayock also projected that as many as five wide receivers would be top-32 selections.

The deadline for underclassmen to declare is January 15. We’ve created a feature page to log the announcements through Saturday. Just for fun, we’ve also projected the round in which each player is tentatively expected to be drafted.

Bang it here for the underclassmen declarations tracker.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... s-tracker/

January 12th, 2011, 10:18 am
Color Commentator - John Madden

When did he have the surgery? I was getting him confused with the plethora of other players from UNC that got suspended. For some reason I thought he was one. Now that I see he wasn't, I retract my previous statement. I do think though, that some teams are more willing to take a shot on a guy with an injury than others. However, I don't think the Lions are in any position yet to spend a 2nd round pick on a guy who might not come back to his previous playing level.

January 12th, 2011, 10:46 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Robert Sands is a very underrated prospect as is Tandon Doss

January 12th, 2011, 3:20 pm
RIP Killer

Wayne Fontes wrote:
When did he have the surgery? I was getting him confused with the plethora of other players from UNC that got suspended. For some reason I thought he was one. Now that I see he wasn't, I retract my previous statement. I do think though, that some teams are more willing to take a shot on a guy with an injury than others. However, I don't think the Lions are in any position yet to spend a 2nd round pick on a guy who might not come back to his previous playing level.

If I'm not mistake some time in December was when they did surgery.....but I could be wrong.

January 12th, 2011, 10:37 pm
RIP Killer

Cam Newton!!!

January 14th, 2011, 11:44 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

steensn wrote:
Cam Newton!!!

As expected and I expect his teammate Nick Farley to join him today. His star is very bright right now and he would be a fool to stay. I'm guessing he would get drafted higher then Newton since he is ready to step in and start right away at a position with a fairly easy transition.

January 14th, 2011, 11:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next