View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 24th, 2014, 2:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Final Rankings 
RIP Killer

Post Final Rankings
Here is the AP:

1. Auburn
2. TCU
3. Oregon
4. Stanford
5. Ohio State
6. Oklahoma
7. Wisconsin
8. LSU
9. Boise State
10. Alabama
11. Nevada
12. Arkansas
13. Oklahoma State
14. Michigan State
15. Mississippi State
16. Virginia Tech
17. Florida State
18. Missouri
19. Texas A&M
20. Nebraska Future Big Ten...
21. Central Florida
22. South Carolina
23. Maryland
24. Tulsa
25. North Carolina State

January 11th, 2011, 11:40 am
Modmin Dude

Post Re: Final Rankings
steensn wrote:
Here is the AP:

1. Auburn
2. TCU
3. Oregon
4. Stanford
5. Ohio State
6. Oklahoma
7. Wisconsin
8. LSU
9. Boise State
10. Alabama
11. Nevada
12. Arkansas
13. Oklahoma State
14. Michigan State
15. Mississippi State
16. Virginia Tech
17. Florida State
18. Missouri
19. Texas A&M
20. Nebraska Future Big Ten...
21. Central Florida
22. South Carolina
23. Maryland
24. Tulsa
25. North Carolina State

2 undefeated teams, yet one is chosen as the Champ.
IMO perfect example of issues with the current BCS setup/makeup.

Joe Fauria, MVP!

January 11th, 2011, 11:43 am
RIP Killer

Maybe TCU should play tougher opponents to make their case. Auburn's undefeated season is significantly more impressive than TCU's.

Oregon State
Tennessee Tech
Baylor
SMU
Colorado State
Wyoming
BYU
Air Force
UNLV
Utah
San Diego State
New Mexico
Wisconsin #7

vs.

Arkansas State
Mississippi State #15
Clemson
South Carolina #22
Louisiana-Monroe
Kentucky
Arkansas #12
LSU #8
Ole Miss
Chattanooga
Georgia
Alabama #10
South Carolina #22
Oregon #3

Aurburn beat the best to win it all, TCU didn't.

January 11th, 2011, 11:51 am
Modmin Dude

steensn wrote:
Maybe TCU should play tougher opponents to make their case. Auburn's undefeated season is significantly more impressive than TCU's.

Ah yes, the ever-popular "Tougher" sentiment. Hmm, that would be "Tougher" based on opinion, no?

To put it another way, prior to this past weekend's games, most "experts" (and fans) would've said that the 11-5 New Orleans Saints was the "Tougher" oppoenent for the 7-9 Seattle SeaHawks, but alas they lost. Any Given (Sat/Sun)Day!!! :wink:

Joe Fauria, MVP!

January 11th, 2011, 11:58 am
RIP Killer

Does that make Seattle better than NO? Not at all... just means they won at the time deemed most important. NO is STILL a tougher opponent. Just like NO's loss to the Browns and Cardinals this season as well doesn't make them tougher opponents. Again, you are using circular logic. You put the playoff game as more important as proof there should be a playoff game. Any given sunday, IMO, should play into a multi game series at each level like the NHL and NBA. That is all the Seattle vs NO game shows... that an upset can change the course of the whole playoff based off a fluke game. Not very good points to make to support crowning the best team in college football...

January 11th, 2011, 12:06 pm
Modmin Dude

steensn wrote:
Does that make Seattle better than NO? Not at all... just means they won at the time deemed most important. NO is STILL a tougher opponent. Just like NO's loss to the Browns and Cardinals this season as well doesn't make them tougher opponents. Again, you are using circular logic. You put the playoff game as more important as proof there should be a playoff game. Any given sunday, IMO, should play into a multi game series at each level like the NHL and NBA. That is all the Seattle vs NO game shows... that an upset can change the course of the whole playoff based off a fluke game. Not very good points to make to support crowning the best team in college football...

Does it make Seattle better than NO? Yes, Seattle was able to get the job done and NO wasn't. Why is that so hard for peeps to accept and understand? To put it another way, who is playing this weekend and who is sitting at home with the other 28 teams? :wink:

*This is fun :idea: O:)

Joe Fauria, MVP!

January 11th, 2011, 12:17 pm
RIP Killer

Again, given the rules in place in the NFL, Seattle did what they needed to do to end up farther down the playoffs. But you are saying that because the end result of the NFl playoff scenario deems that Seattle is "better" because they won where it counted, that means that the NCAA should adopt the "same" playoff type system because a playoff system makes that one game more important so TCU COULD be better than Auburn if we implemented that system and TCU won.

Nothing is more circular than that argument...

January 11th, 2011, 12:27 pm
Modmin Dude

steensn wrote:
Again, given the rules in place in the NFL, Seattle did what they needed to do to end up farther down the playoffs. But you are saying that because the end result of the NFl playoff scenario deems that Seattle is "better" because they won where it counted, that means that the NCAA should adopt the "same" playoff type system because a playoff system makes that one game more important so TCU COULD be better than Auburn if we implemented that system and TCU won.

First off, it wasn't my intention to derail this thread with playoff talk as we have another one for that, but apparently some peeps just can't help themselves now can they? [-(

You can stop trying to put words in my mouth anytime. I laid out in the other thread my ideas of a NCAA playoffs and don't recall it being the NFL system.

Peace brother and enjoy your "National Champion as selected by coaches and computers" :cheers:

Joe Fauria, MVP!

January 11th, 2011, 12:34 pm
RIP Killer

TheRealWags wrote:
steensn wrote:

First off, it wasn't my intention to derail this thread with playoff talk as we have another one for that, but apparently some peeps just can't help themselves now can they? [-(

You can stop trying to put words in my mouth anytime. I laid out in the other thread my ideas of a NCAA playoffs and don't recall it being the NFL system.

Peace brother and enjoy your "National Champion as selected by coaches and computers" :cheers:

Maybe you shouldn't say things related to that discussion ;) [-X

Anyways, I've said this before and it didn't take. Doesn't matter... Auburn EARNED the title by playing the best. I cannot see how anyone can challenge them as #1...

January 11th, 2011, 12:43 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

TheRealWags wrote:
Ah yes, the ever-popular "Tougher" sentiment. Hmm, that would be "Tougher" based on opinion, no?

I know you are just trolling, but come on. THey play the game because technically any team can win on "any given sunday (saturday)" but nobody in the country could say with a straight face that TCU played even close to as tough a schedule.

I am 100% for a Playoff, so On your side in that discussion, and TCU might have been good enough to beat Auburn and/or Oregon, but if you lined those schedules up best to worst and had them play off, Auburns teams would win every single game (by a margin) other than the TCU game itself. Thats why TCU is moving.

January 11th, 2011, 2:54 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

steensn wrote:
Auburn EARNED the title by playing the best. I cannot see how anyone can challenge them as #1...

I hate the SEC. I mean I really HATE the SEC. I think Cam took Money (uhh, i didnt know my dad was trying to sell me.. i let him make my college decisions for me, but we dont talk about everything...) lol. I was on edgte all night wanting Auburn to lose. I wanted them to lost by 30 so that TCU had a better claim that they were left out.

But 5 National Titles in a row? The SEC is the dominate football conference.. which is why we like beating them so much, and this year they were better (depth wise) than normal. I hate to say it but Auburn earned the Title, and if they played TCU, and played with the same intensity they did last night (primarily on D) , the final score would have been a much larger margin, although still low.

While Playoffs > BCS, this season there is not a doubt in my mind that Aub are the National champions.

(yoiu know, until they strip it along with the heisman in a few years when cam is making millions already in the nfl)

January 11th, 2011, 3:00 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
TheRealWags wrote:
steensn wrote:

Seattle is NOT a better football team, and they would not have won that game if it were played in N.O.

January 11th, 2011, 4:47 pm
RIP Killer

They still win in a playoff system IMO, why? Over-signing. They are not just thought to be better, they ARE better. Why? Again, oversigning. They get in almost 1/3-1/2 more as many recruits through their doors to cull into a good team. The Big Ten does not allow for oversigning, therefore if they recruit a loser, they give a loser a scollie for his whole college career as long as he stays on the team (can't be booted for sucking). SEC, if you suck they find was to take the scollie and just sign more later.

January 11th, 2011, 5:09 pm

It would be nice to see the NCAA get involved rather than that be a conference controlled decision. I have heard some of the horro stories from Kids getting scholies ganked, and its bullshit. Oversigning should not be allowed, good point to bring it up.

January 12th, 2011, 3:26 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Modmin Dude

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Seattle is NOT a better football team, and they would not have won that game if it were played in N.O.

Who's playing this weekend and who's sitting at home?

'Nuff said :!: :wink:

Joe Fauria, MVP!

January 12th, 2011, 9:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next