View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 23rd, 2014, 2:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Hoke Named UM Coach 
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Post Hoke Named UM Coach
Oh well, another era starts in Ann Arbor, Hoke just named HC:

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-footbl/ ... 11aab.html

January 11th, 2011, 5:08 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: Hoke Named UM Coach
Deserves it's own thread.

January 11th, 2011, 5:10 pm

steensn wrote:
Deserves it's own thread.

You're are right, I wasn't thinking too clear when I posted the annoucement. Keep enjoying your winning streak, it looks like it will continue for awhile.

January 11th, 2011, 5:20 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Wow, nepotism wins out.

I don't know if I'm still a Michigan football fan anymore. The AD no longer values merit. This is disgusting.

January 11th, 2011, 5:32 pm
I really don't know what's going on inside their heads over there. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when Les Miles was in town. Allegedly DB doesn't like Miles and brought him in for an interview to see if he would change his mind, and allegedly Miles wasn't offered the job. I had State fans chirping in my ear saying that Les turned down UofM, but that doesn't make sense. You don't get on a plane and fly 1200 miles if you're not interested in the job. I don't believe that it came down to money with DB's talk of paying "market rate" for a top notch coach, and the rumors that we offered Harbaugh $5.2 mill per.

January 11th, 2011, 5:40 pm
RIP Killer

I don't know, Tressel was a nobody from a Division 2 school and has been obviously outstanding here at OSU. I'm surprised MI didn't draw a big name, but it worked well for OSU last time.

January 11th, 2011, 5:54 pm

steensn wrote:
I don't know, Tressel was a nobody from a Division 2 school and has been obviously outstanding here at OSU. I'm surprised MI didn't draw a big name, but it worked well for OSU last time.

Tressel won a few national championships at the lower level, taking Ball State to a 12-1 record for a year is no where equal to what Tressel accomplished. Brandon struck out, he was either misled by Harbaugh and the Miles camps or he misjudged his own abilities, you would of thought he would of had a bigger bang with this hire.

January 11th, 2011, 6:08 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Quote:
Tressel won a few national championships at the lower level, taking Ball State to a 12-1 record for a year is no where equal to what Tressel accomplished. Brandon struck out, he was either misled by Harbaugh and the Miles camps or he misjudged his own abilities, you would of thought he would of had a bigger bang with this hire.

Exactly.

DB should be fired. Hoke may have been the best case scenario for the given situation, but it never should've come to this.

January 11th, 2011, 6:16 pm

The only thing I think Hoke has going for him right now, at least in my view, is that he wanted the job and he has the passion for UofM. He is going to have to prove it to me that he can get it done on the football field at this level, I have some reservations at the moment.

January 11th, 2011, 6:30 pm
NFL Team Captain

Blah! I wanted Miles to get that job. I'd like to hear what the Alumni are saying about this?

January 11th, 2011, 7:57 pm
RIP Killer

Sure, he accomplished a great deal at a lower level. I would be questioning as well... but last time he got a winning coach, not so good. I'm willing to wait and see... but I'm not a Wolv fan...

January 11th, 2011, 8:14 pm
RIP Killer

"After doing a little reaserch, it seems Hoke actually did pretty well at SDSU taking over a program who went 2-10 in 2008 before coaching them to a 9-4 record in 2010 and their first bowl victory since 1969. SDSU suffered 4 losses in 2010. @#18 Missouri by 3, @(7-6)BYU by 3, @#2 TCU by 5, vs(10-3)Utah by 4. Their best win would probably be against (9-4)Air Force.

Considering the talent he inherited at SDSU, 9-4 with a bowl win over Navy isn't too shabby for a 2nd year head coach who took over a 2-10 team two years ago"

Say this from another person.

January 11th, 2011, 8:24 pm
RIP Killer

Michigan hired a guy with a losing record from Ball State and San Diego State, my how the mighty have fallen. I actually feel very bad for UofM fans. College football is better when Michigan is a top program. My 2nd favorite NCAA team is hurting - just not right. Need to get this fixed before Michigan is an afterthought like the once powerful ball team.

Hope this works out but I don't have a good feeling about this...

January 11th, 2011, 9:24 pm
Profile WWW
League MVP

grgrundge wrote:
steensn wrote:

It is impossible for Ball St to win a national championship.

January 11th, 2011, 9:40 pm
RIP Killer

I think Ball State going 12-1 was an absolutely amazing accomplishment. You hire the guy, just like Auburn did, and maybe good things happen. I wouldn't get hung up on his record...

January 11th, 2011, 9:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next