View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 17th, 2014, 11:51 pm



Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Road to the SB through NFC North 
Author Message
Junior Varsity
User avatar

Joined: October 23rd, 2005, 11:58 am
Posts: 178
Location: Dartmouth
Post Road to the SB through NFC North
Wow, people were picking the Packers at the start of the season to be a playoff team, but who would have thought that in the end, the NFC Championship would be played out in the North!

Way to go Bears and Packers, can't wait to see the game. Rodgers definitely has a hot hand right now, and as well the Packers D is playing great. Bears will have their hands full.

Bar will be set high for next year in the division.

_________________
I was at this casino minding my own business, and this guy came up to me and said, "You're gonna have to move, you're blocking a fire exit." As though if there was a fire, I wasn't gonna run. If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit


January 16th, 2011, 5:57 pm
Profile
NFL Team Captain
User avatar

Joined: October 15th, 2005, 6:07 pm
Posts: 1589
Location: Watching Football
Post Re: Road to the SB through NFC North
Yeah and as much as I want to beat the Packers and Bears each Sunday, It's kinda cool to know that the NFC North is representing in Super Bowl. I'll definitely be pulling for one of them... I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth. :-&

_________________
Lions Fan since King Kong was a Spider Monkey!


January 16th, 2011, 10:34 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Road to the SB through NFC North
Didn't we start the season thinking we could end up #2 or even in the playoffs because we were so "weak."

I will say this, the AFC is MUCH stronger... again...

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


January 16th, 2011, 11:38 pm
Profile
Mr. Irrelevant
User avatar

Joined: February 28th, 2007, 12:13 pm
Posts: 965
Post Re: Road to the SB through NFC North
I hope that each and every Bear breaks a leg in this game. Except Cutler. He should break a leg AND both of his arms.

_________________
If you think education is tough, try being stoopid.


January 17th, 2011, 12:08 pm
Profile
Post Re: Road to the SB through NFC North
The division is weak, make no mistake about it. The Bears are the luckiest team on Earth. If New Orleans would have won last week, like they were supposed to, last weekend would have looked a LOT different.

I'm also sickened by the fact that the Patriots came out, looked flat, refused to throw the ball even though the 4-5 WR sets were their most productive, and refused to play with any sense of urgency at the end of the game. It literally looked like they didn't even want to win on Sunday. Now the Steelers will most likely win the SB, and I don't think they're the best team in the NFL by far. Even worse, if the Bears somehow pull out the win this weekend, I think the SB will be a crappy game with the AFC running away with it from the start.


January 17th, 2011, 7:44 pm
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7370
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Road to the SB through NFC North
Footsoldier32 wrote:
I hope that each and every Bear breaks a leg in this game. Except Cutler. He should break a leg AND both of his arms.


Now that's what I'm talking about :!: :idea: =D>


January 19th, 2011, 1:49 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Road to the SB through NFC North
I just want the team with the best chance of winning it all to win, whoever matches up better.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


January 19th, 2011, 11:39 am
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12032
Post Re: Road to the SB through NFC North
BillySims wrote:
Footsoldier32 wrote:
I hope that each and every Bear breaks a leg in this game. Except Cutler. He should break a leg AND both of his arms.


Now that's what I'm talking about :!: :idea: =D>

I know this was in jest, but its just asking for Bad Karma IMO [-X
Ok, off the soapbox :wink:

IMO this makes the Lions look that much better. We officially beat one of them and un-officially beat them both. In fact, out of the 4 teams remaining, we played 3 of them really close and quite possibly should've won at least 3 if not 4 of the total 5 games played against them. Man, I really can't wait for next season (which may be proof positive that there will be no next season ](*,) )

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


January 19th, 2011, 11:50 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9864
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Road to the SB through NFC North
wjb21ndtown wrote:
The division is weak, make no mistake about it. The Bears are the luckiest team on Earth. If New Orleans would have won last week, like they were supposed to, last weekend would have looked a LOT different.


Sorry, but I don't think that's the case at all. Now that the Lions have finally stepped up their game, this division could be one of the most evenly matched, which makes them anything but weak. Having a strong team at the top of the division doesn't make the division strong.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


January 19th, 2011, 12:01 pm
Profile
National Champion

Joined: August 13th, 2006, 11:04 pm
Posts: 870
Location: Washington, DC
Post Re: Road to the SB through NFC North
Is it possible for both teams to lose?

Ehh, sorry, I just can't be happy about the Bears or Packers. I knida grew up hating both teams. Rooting for one or the other is..painful for me, to say the least...


January 19th, 2011, 1:42 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7370
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Road to the SB through NFC North
Hystrix wrote:
Is it possible for both teams to lose?

Ehh, sorry, I just can't be happy about the Bears or Packers. I knida grew up hating both teams. Rooting for one or the other is..painful for me, to say the least...


I know what you mean. Same for me. Except I don't want to cheer for either team from the AFC either.

The Jets are loud mouthed arrogant trash talking punks. I like the Steelers except for Ben ( I don't know what it means when a woman says no) Rothlesburger.


January 20th, 2011, 10:45 am
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12032
Post Re: Road to the SB through NFC North
Its going to be a Pack vs Pitt SuperBowl and the Pack will win it (with Favre on the sideline)

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


January 20th, 2011, 12:52 pm
Profile
Post Re: Road to the SB through NFC North
m2karateman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
The division is weak, make no mistake about it. The Bears are the luckiest team on Earth. If New Orleans would have won last week, like they were supposed to, last weekend would have looked a LOT different.


Sorry, but I don't think that's the case at all. Now that the Lions have finally stepped up their game, this division could be one of the most evenly matched, which makes them anything but weak. Having a strong team at the top of the division doesn't make the division strong.


The Lions have "stepped up their game" but they're still a below average NFL franchise. The same is true about the Vikings, and IMO the same is true about the Bears. I wouldn't be shocked at all if the Bears go 6-10 next year. I think they grossly over-achieved this year. IMO this division is the Pack and everyone else, and I also think that Minny has the best chance at being the next best team in the NFCN.


January 20th, 2011, 1:26 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2007, 5:51 pm
Posts: 2281
Post Re: Road to the SB through NFC North
Really?

I think the Bears will be better next year now that they arent missing all of their picks and can shore up their Oline and aging D.

I expect the vikes to be atrocious next year. they have a mediocre D, and Some decent skill players on offense with no QB.

Next year I expect:

GB 10+ wins
Bears 9+ wins
Lions 7+ wins
Viqueens 6- wins


January 20th, 2011, 3:22 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Post Re: Road to the SB through NFC North
DJ-B wrote:
Really?

I think the Bears will be better next year now that they arent missing all of their picks and can shore up their Oline and aging D.

I expect the vikes to be atrocious next year. they have a mediocre D, and Some decent skill players on offense with no QB.

Next year I expect:

GB 10+ wins
Bears 9+ wins
Lions 7+ wins
Viqueens 6- wins


It all depends on how the draft and free agency shakes out. Urlacher had another career year, he's going to take a nosedive at some point. I think the Bears OL will be better, and I think they will shore up their D, I just don't see it helping. They're still going to have sub-par WR's (IMO), an inconsistent Qb (which Martz and his system is helping dramatically), and they're still going to be relying on older vets with rookies behind them that aren't likely going to be productive for a while.

I like the Vikes D, but it all depends on who they pick up. They're a lot like us, IMO, with a good DL, but they have a better LB in Greenway and better DBs. I just know that they have a good OL (even though it is getting old) and a great running back, and once you have those two things in place it seems that any team is ready to make a run (see St. Louis/Kansas City, etc.).


January 20th, 2011, 4:19 pm
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.