View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 30th, 2014, 8:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 I really hope Matthew Stafford watched the Jets vs Pats game 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post I really hope Matthew Stafford watched the Jets vs Pats game
I am always a supporter of Stafford, defend him in every argument but watching a game like this really upsets me. Out of last years 1st rd QBs Mark Sanchez is easily the worst yet for the second year in a row, he will be playing for a superbowl. Stafford has all the physical tools and leadership you'd want in a QB but it does'nt matter because a good NFL hit and he folds like paper. This sucks. Mark Sanchez has won 4 PLAYOFF ROAD GAMES, while Stafford has won 0 regular season road games and is yet to finish a season. Matthew Stafford is yet to even down the football at the end of a game. $40 million?...really? We drafted him to turn the team around but I'm actually starting to think that the unstability at the QB position is holding us back. If he keeps up these fagatronics next season we need to try to land a franchise QB ASAP.

Matthew, in the unlikely event that you are reading this, I hope you watched Mark Sanchez take another step toward being a reliable NFL QB. I hope you enjoyed your Fritos and Oreo cookies because you have alot of work to do this offseason. Get in the gym and earn your money. We really need you

January 16th, 2011, 9:20 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: I really hope Matthew Stafford watched the Jets vs Pats
Killwill25 wrote:
I am always a supporter of Stafford, defend him in every argument but watching a game like this really upsets me. Out of last years 1st rd QBs Mark Sanchez is easily the worst yet for the second year in a row, he will be playing for a superbowl. Stafford has all the physical tools and leadership you'd want in a QB but it does'nt matter because a good NFL hit and he folds like paper. This sucks. Mark Sanchez has won 4 PLAYOFF ROAD GAMES, while Stafford has won 0 regular season road games and is yet to finish a season. Matthew Stafford is yet to even down the football at the end of a game. $40 million?...really? We drafted him to turn the team around but I'm actually starting to think that the unstability at the QB position is holding us back. If he keeps up these fagatronics next season we need to try to land a franchise QB ASAP.

Matthew, in the unlikely event that you are reading this, I hope you watched Mark Sanchez take another step toward being a reliable NFL QB. I hope you enjoyed your Fritos and Oreo cookies because you have alot of work to do this offseason. Get in the gym and earn your money. We really need you

While I understand where you are coming from, I think you are being unfair.

Tell me, do you think that any other starting QB in the league could have lead the Jets to the playoffs the past two seasons? I do. Do you think that Sanchez could lead a team like the Lions, the Panthers or even the Colts to the playoffs? I don't.

Mark Sanchez fell into the best possible scenario for a rookie quarterback to fall into. The team had a stable, complete offensive line, decent receivers, a solid running game and a top 5 defense. I'm sorry, but Andre Ware probably could have lead the Jets to the playoffs the past two seasons. Stafford came to a team with a sh!t defense, no running game, one viable receiver and an offensive line that didn't play very well together.

Sanchez got lucky, Stafford didn't. I understand and agree that Stafford needs to take his work ethic seriously. But for an NFL QB, the work is more cerebral than physical, and we just didn't get an opportunity this season to watch Matt give us an indication of just how much he's learned. Should he be working out? Yes, absolutely. He should be trying to get his body more in shape to be able to absorb punishment better, but that won't necessarily prevent the injuries he's taken. He needs to learn to protect himself better. Physical training will only get you so far.

January 17th, 2011, 5:55 pm
I wonder what Sanchez has to do to finally get some respect. He's out played Stafford in virtually every statistical category, worked his butt off, and his team seems to love him. He takes his own personal time in the off-season, invites his teammates to his house, and holds off-season workouts. He has great timing with his WR's and in the NFL that's everything, and he has this great timing due to his own personal off-season work with these guys. Stafford has never shown that type of dedication or initiative. Sanchez outplayed Tom Brady yesterday, yet people on here still want to talk about how much better of a Qb Stafford is... Unbelievable...

January 17th, 2011, 7:53 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

While I can't say that Staff is better than Sanchez, Cuz we just havn't seen enough of Matt....But I can't agree with you about the play of Sanchez. Seems to me that in a majority of the games I have watched 3/4 of his (Dirty Sanchez) passes longer than 10 yards are overthrown to his recievers. Could all be a perception thing, but I have not seen enough outa him to call him anything more than "Adequate"

January 18th, 2011, 9:47 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

m2karateman wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:

While I understand where you are coming from, I think you are being unfair.

Tell me, do you think that any other starting QB in the league could have lead the Jets to the playoffs the past two seasons? I do. Do you think that Sanchez could lead a team like the Lions, the Panthers or even the Colts to the playoffs? I don't.

Mark Sanchez fell into the best possible scenario for a rookie quarterback to fall into. The team had a stable, complete offensive line, decent receivers, a solid running game and a top 5 defense. I'm sorry, but Andre Ware probably could have lead the Jets to the playoffs the past two seasons. Stafford came to a team with a sh!t defense, no running game, one viable receiver and an offensive line that didn't play very well together.

Sanchez got lucky, Stafford didn't. I understand and agree that Stafford needs to take his work ethic seriously. But for an NFL QB, the work is more cerebral than physical, and we just didn't get an opportunity this season to watch Matt give us an indication of just how much he's learned. Should he be working out? Yes, absolutely. He should be trying to get his body more in shape to be able to absorb punishment better, but that won't necessarily prevent the injuries he's taken. He needs to learn to protect himself better. Physical training will only get you so far.

But that's why I get so frustrated, because Sanchezmight be one of the weaknesses of the team but gets a ton of credit for just staying healthy. And ya he got VERY lucky

January 18th, 2011, 11:01 am
RIP Killer

wjb21ndtown wrote:
I wonder what Sanchez has to do to finally get some respect. He's out played Stafford in virtually every statistical category, worked his butt off, and his team seems to love him. He takes his own personal time in the off-season, invites his teammates to his house, and holds off-season workouts. He has great timing with his WR's and in the NFL that's everything, and he has this great timing due to his own personal off-season work with these guys. Stafford has never shown that type of dedication or initiative. Sanchez outplayed Tom Brady yesterday, yet people on here still want to talk about how much better of a Qb Stafford is... Unbelievable...

Where did I say Stafford was a better QB? Where did I say that Sanchez wasn't any damn good?

What I said, is basically similar to what you've said in the past. The best possible situation for a rookie QB to fall into is EXACTLY what Sanchez fell into. A team with a good defense, running game, and offensive line. I believe you have posted before that the Lions put Stafford into an awful position because we had none of that.

Look, I am not defending Stafford based on his abilities or the productivity he's given us. What I'm saying is that to compare the two QBs based on their numbers is highly unfair. Sanchez is doing what he needs to do, and I congratulate him for that. But the only thing I am ready to fault Stafford for is his inability to fall down correctly and protect himself. All other things are not his doing.

January 18th, 2011, 1:28 pm
m2karateman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

Where did I say Stafford was a better QB? Where did I say that Sanchez wasn't any damn good?

What I said, is basically similar to what you've said in the past. The best possible situation for a rookie QB to fall into is EXACTLY what Sanchez fell into. A team with a good defense, running game, and offensive line. I believe you have posted before that the Lions put Stafford into an awful position because we had none of that.

Look, I am not defending Stafford based on his abilities or the productivity he's given us. What I'm saying is that to compare the two QBs based on their numbers is highly unfair. Sanchez is doing what he needs to do, and I congratulate him for that. But the only thing I am ready to fault Stafford for is his inability to fall down correctly and protect himself. All other things are not his doing.

M2, I didn't quote your post because I wasn't addressing you. I wasn't saying that you think that Stafford is better than Sanchez. However, the general tone on this thread is that Stafford is a better Qb than Sanchez, despite all evidence to the contrary.

And yes, again, we have yet another example of a team building itself up, and taking the Qb nearly last in its rebuilding process, and not having the lows that we had while undergoing our own team building project here, and they're doing it MUCH faster than we ever thought about doing it... There are far more examples of a team taking their Qb last and having great success than there are a team taking their Qb first and having great success.

January 18th, 2011, 1:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]