View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 2nd, 2014, 2:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Road to the SB through NFC North 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Road to the SB through NFC North
Yeah, I mean I get where you are comming from, and I dont think they are going to fall apart (A La the Lions under Millen), but I thinkl they are worst in the division next year. And while I agree their LB are better, their DTs arent even remotely close anymore to ours. We will have the better D next year, and the Better O.

January 20th, 2011, 6:41 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
DJ-B wrote:
Yeah, I mean I get where you are comming from, and I dont think they are going to fall apart (A La the Lions under Millen), but I thinkl they are worst in the division next year. And while I agree their LB are better, their DTs arent even remotely close anymore to ours. We will have the better D next year, and the Better O.

Ha... I'll reserve comment until after the draft on this one! If Minny can come up with a Qb, even if it is McNabbb, I think they'll have us on O. They're going to need a couple of solid pieces on D to get them where they need to be. I don't even like Minny, but I think they have under-performed for years. I can't believe they kept Childress as long as they have. IMO its F.O. and coaching holding them back, but I could be wrong.

January 20th, 2011, 6:52 pm
RIP Killer

I don't think you fall from relatively dominant to perennial craphole over one year talent wise. Minny didn't see a huge shift and is still talented. It has to be more coaching and FO than the players they got now.

January 20th, 2011, 7:14 pm
steensn wrote:
I don't think you fall from relatively dominant to perennial craphole over one year talent wise. Minny didn't see a huge shift and is still talented. It has to be more coaching and FO than the players they got now.

And conversely, you don't go from the perennial craphole to relatively dominant in one year. It is possible to have a BOOM, but regardless as to who we sign/draft, I don't expect us to be dominant next year. Now that said, we better damn well be a respectable team, which I think we were just shy of this year, but I don't see us being dominant in any facet of the game, yet, next year.

January 20th, 2011, 8:34 pm
RIP Killer

wjb21ndtown wrote:
steensn wrote:

And conversely, you don't go from the perennial craphole to relatively dominant in one year. It is possible to have a BOOM, but regardless as to who we sign/draft, I don't expect us to be dominant next year. Now that said, we better damn well be a respectable team, which I think we were just shy of this year, but I don't see us being dominant in any facet of the game, yet, next year.

Exactly.

January 20th, 2011, 9:07 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Ha... I'll reserve comment until after the draft on this one! If Minny can come up with a Qb, even if it is McNabbb, I think they'll have us on O. They're going to need a couple of solid pieces on D to get them where they need to be. I don't even like Minny, but I think they have under-performed for years. I can't believe they kept Childress as long as they have. IMO its F.O. and coaching holding them back, but I could be wrong.

Fair enough, Well all see what happens together. I agree Childress was holding them back, but now their D is old, and their OL is weak .. IMO. Its too late, they are on a downhill slump.Theyhave a great set of Skill Players on offense, but need too much for one offseason to fix. And next offseason, more of their older starters will be gone. I think they are down next year, and start recovering after that now that Frazier is in charge.

January 20th, 2011, 10:48 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Veteran General Manager

Pat Williams is probably going to retire. If not this off season then next. So, I see the Vikings using their 1st round pick this year on a DT and their 2nd round pick on a QB.

WJB,

Technically, your right. A team doesn't go from doormat to dominant in 1 season.

But, the Lions have been building going into year 3 now. It's not Doormat to dominant in 1 year with the Lions. I expect us to be in the thick of the race all season next year.

January 21st, 2011, 10:16 am
BillySims wrote:
Pat Williams is probably going to retire. If not this off season then next. So, I see the Vikings using their 1st round pick this year on a DT and their 2nd round pick on a QB.

WJB,

Technically, your right. A team doesn't go from doormat to dominant in 1 season.

But, the Lions have been building going into year 3 now. It's not Doormat to dominant in 1 year with the Lions. I expect us to be in the thick of the race all season next year.

Everyone knows what my expectations for this team are. I expect us to go 8-8 next year, with signs of progress in key areas. If that is "in the thick of the race" that's up to you, personally I don't think you're there until after you're better than .500. That, IMO, is a pipe dream for next season. I realize that we've been rebuilding for the last three years, but we still haven't gotten out of the basement. It's still a one-year BOOM that you're looking for if you think we're ready to make a playoff run.

January 21st, 2011, 10:47 am
Veteran General Manager

wjb21ndtown wrote:
BillySims wrote:

WJB,

Everyone knows what my expectations for this team are. I expect us to go 8-8 next year, with signs of progress in key areas. If that is "in the thick of the race" that's up to you, personally I don't think you're there until after you're better than .500. That, IMO, is a pipe dream for next season. I realize that we've been rebuilding for the last three years, but we still haven't gotten out of the basement. It's still a one-year BOOM that you're looking for if you think we're ready to make a playoff run.

Well, we really did get out of the basement with a 7-9 record if it weren't for the most horrifically bad call by a ref in my entire lifetime. We beat the Bears in week 1. And there were enough bad calls in the rest of our games that we should have won at least 1 more game. IMHO, this was our 8-8 year. I fully expect 10 wins next year. Maybe even more.

January 21st, 2011, 11:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2