View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 3:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Carson Palmers wants trade or he'll retire... 
RIP Killer

Post Carson Palmers wants trade or he'll retire...
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6051119

Wow...

January 24th, 2011, 11:29 am
RIP Killer

Post Re: Carson Palmers wants trade or he'll retire...
just wait till he breaks the law, he will be to be a Bengal again...

January 24th, 2011, 11:36 am
Profile WWW
Color Commentator - John Madden

This surprised me when I saw it come across the bottom line on the four letter network. I've never heard anything like this from Palmer. He's always appeared to be the consummate pro, even with guys like Ocho Cinco and T.O. on the team. Maybe there just weren't enough microphones to pick up his chatter. They should trade him to the Panthers, just to spite him.

January 24th, 2011, 1:49 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

Maybe he's going to retire, or the Bengals are calling his bluff.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6054068

January 24th, 2011, 2:04 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Heres the thing. Its Cinci. Even if he likes his teamtes (incl TO and OC).. even if he likes his coach. His coach almost walked this year. Their facilities suck. The owners are cheap penny pinchers. parts of the FO and Org are retarded. He may just be sick of the upstairs bullshit.. and want a chance with a "Real team".

That said, he hasnt been the same since his injury and I don't think he will ever be that good, even if he went to an ideal situation. (Example.. dont think he will be as good as say Farve was with the vikes last year [and i dislike farve]). He may just be bypassing his own shortcomings and blaming the failures on others.. thinking he can do so much more than he really can.

We will see what happens, but he did say he has enough to retire comfortably.. and would consider it if they wont trade him. If he has properly managed his money.. this is correct.

January 24th, 2011, 2:25 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
RIP Killer

I'm sure that the Bengals owner wants to play the "wait and see" game to see if Palmer will calm down and rethink his position. Immediately after a disappointing season I think most players who have been in the league a number of years with no real hardware to show for it contemplate retiring and not having to endure the injuries and discomfort of another season. However, I think that if Palmer chooses to start paperwork with the NFL, the Bengals will quickly decide to move him and at least get something in return, rather than go into the 2011 season with nothing worthwhile at QB. I could see a deal being struck with a team like San Fran or Arizona in particular. The Cards are only a couple years removed from having been in the SB, and getting a vet QB pretty could bolster them enough to have them winning the NFCW again.

I don't blame Palmer at all. While he's not a world beater of a QB, he's a consumate professional and can prosper in the right system. I'm actually shocked he stuck it out in Cincy this long.

January 24th, 2011, 5:15 pm
Cinci is a phukin' madhouse. I can't blame him for wanting out, even if he is a consummate pro. He's something like 31 right now. Would anyone consider trading Stafford for him if it were an option?

January 24th, 2011, 7:26 pm
RIP Killer

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Cinci is a phukin' madhouse. I can't blame him for wanting out, even if he is a consummate pro. He's something like 31 right now. Would anyone consider trading Stafford for him if it were an option?

WJB - since I don't take you too seriously most of the time you crack me up - I'd rather have a banged up 22-year-old QB than a 31-year-old QB who is contemplating retirement and who quite frankly hasn't looked that great the last few years. :lol:

January 24th, 2011, 7:37 pm
Profile WWW
Pablo wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

WJB - since I don't take you too seriously most of the time you crack me up - I'd rather have a banged up 22-year-old QB than a 31-year-old QB who is contemplating retirement and who quite frankly hasn't looked that great the last few years. :lol:

I just asked a question. I personally don't like Stafford, and I don't that he will amount to much in Detroit. That's just my opinion. I LOVED Palmer as a prospect coming out of college. I say all the time that the last Qb that I thought was worthy of a top 5 pick was Carson Palmer. That said, I realize that he's getting up there in age, but I don't think he is "contemplating retirement" at all. What he said was "IF i'm stuck in this poop THEN I am contemplating retiring," meaning that he would be more than happy to keep playing for a winning organization. I don't think he would even want to come here given our recent history, but I think he would definitely improve our team.

I don't think the logistics of the deal workout at all, and I never see it happening, I just wonder what everyone else thinks (not that I don't already know that most people have an unfounded love for Stafford that they're totally blinded by).

January 24th, 2011, 7:44 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I dont think Palmer is any better than Shaun Hill, so I wouldnt trade a wet paper bag for him. I hope he ends up with the Vikes. :)

January 24th, 2011, 8:21 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
QB Coach

DJ-B wrote:
I dont think Palmer is any better than Shaun Hill, so I wouldnt trade a wet paper bag for him. I hope he ends up with the Vikes. :)

Yeah Palmer's been crap the past few seasons. He's thrown A LOT of pick 6's and shown terrible decision making. He's never been the same since the injury, so I'd pass on him.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

January 24th, 2011, 9:11 pm
RIP Killer

I'd pass, injuries killed him and I think he plays a little scared now with that terrible line. Maybe a team like the Cards, Vikes, or Redskins could use his services?

January 24th, 2011, 9:16 pm
QB Coach

Rumored that the 49ers would be interested. The Bengals have come out and said that Carson will not be traded so I won't be surprised to see him in a new uniform next season. I could see 49ers or Cards coming away with him.

January 25th, 2011, 7:44 pm
RIP Killer

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
Rumored that the 49ers would be interested. The Bengals have come out and said that Carson will not be traded so I won't be surprised to see him in a new uniform next season. I could see 49ers or Cards coming away with him.

Personally, I think the Cardinals make the biggest push for him. Whisenhunt had success with a veteran Pro Bowl QB before, and I think he'd like to go that direction again. I believe Harbaugh will want to start with a young QB to coach up, and foresee the 'niners looking to take a QB in the first round, likely Jake Locker.

January 25th, 2011, 11:06 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Funny...I was in Cincinnati over the past few days, including when the story broke. The local news was interviewing Bengals fans, asking their thoughts. Almost all of them said something along the lines of "good for Carson, he deserves better." Sure he's 31 but he could still have a lot of football in front of him if he finds the right situation.

With that said, I'll pass on the Stafford for Palmer trade. Jim Harbaugh might want to think of calling Palmer's agent...

January 26th, 2011, 12:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next