View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2014, 4:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Coaching Carousel 
QB Coach

Post Re: Coaching Carousel
BillySims wrote:
Lionman3 wrote:
since all the head jobs are filled could the Lions Possibly create a position for Fisher, given his history with Schwartz.

I asked that same question a while back when the Young vs. Fischer choice was being pondered. I got no response.

Personally, I would love to bring him in as a Defensive Consultant/ Special Assistant for a year and let's get this defense absolutely rocking. Oh, and by the way, it is now officially open season on any Titan players that we want in Free Agency.

I don't see Fisher going back to less than a HC role. He can easily sit out a season and then next year he'll be highly sought after.

As for the free agents, the only thing that's official is that there is no free agency until a new CBA is signed.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

January 28th, 2011, 10:13 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

So with Fisher gone now two questions come to mind. The first, who will be the next coach since some of the hot choices are gone and the Titans are coming to the dance a bit late? And, does Vince Young stick around?

January 28th, 2011, 10:31 am
RIP Killer

grgrundge wrote:
So with Fisher gone now two questions come to mind. The first, who will be the next coach since some of the hot choices are gone and the Titans are coming to the dance a bit late? And, does Vince Young stick around?

I'm guessing they have someone internal in mind given the timing of this move. Young has a much better chance to stick around now, that said he probably needs a fresh start anyways.

January 28th, 2011, 10:35 am
Profile WWW

Pablo wrote:
grgrundge wrote:

I'm guessing they have someone internal in mind given the timing of this move. Young has a much better chance to stick around now, that said he probably needs a fresh start anyways.

I'm hearing that they are going to offer the HC to the OL coach, Munchak, might be off on the spelling, not quite sure if he will accept it or not. The Vince Young drama I believe we haven't heard the end of that story yet and it will continue for awhile.

January 28th, 2011, 11:51 am
RIP Killer

Young needs a new place. Just because Fisher is gone doesn't mean the rest don't feel the same way.

January 28th, 2011, 11:54 am

steensn wrote:
Young needs a new place. Just because Fisher is gone doesn't mean the rest don't feel the same way.

Bud Adams loves Young and he is still under contract and Adams might not want to swallow all that money. I agree, Young needs new scenery but it wouldn't surprise me if he stays with the Titans.

January 28th, 2011, 12:06 pm
RIP Killer

Then it will be one more failed season...

January 28th, 2011, 12:08 pm
Hall of Fame Player

steensn wrote:
Then it will be one more failed season...

And let the good FA's flee to Detroit. LOL.

Tulloch this year. Cris Johnson in a couple?

January 28th, 2011, 12:20 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Fischer legitimately soudns like he is happy to sit ou a season and recharge. Apparently part of the issue is he wanted his son on the staff (after he helped out last season when 1 of the Coaches was out sick) but Adams wont let family be on staff (kinda understandable). Sounds to me more like Fischer walked.. even with it being late in the game, more than that he was asked to leave. He will be fine and will assuredly get a great gig next year.

And I bet they keep Young, but agree that it is a mistake. And yes, it is open season on their FAs.

January 28th, 2011, 3:50 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
RIP Killer

Why not let family members on staff? I mean, it worked so well with Rod and his son-in-law.

January 28th, 2011, 9:53 pm
RIP Killer

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6098619

Titans promote Mike Munchak

February 7th, 2011, 7:42 pm
RIP Killer

Did the minority interviewing thing die? I haven't seen anyone actually take the time to do a broad search.

February 7th, 2011, 7:43 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Steensn, everyone still interviews some token black guy to satisfy the requirement, but it's usually someone nobody's ever heard of. The entire thing is a sham and ought to be done away with. There are plenty of black coaches who can get head coaching opportunities without relying upon the current system. If they deserve it, they'll get it.

February 8th, 2011, 12:33 am
RIP Killer

I just don't like that it uses black people now instead of when one gets an interview it is serious.

February 8th, 2011, 10:21 am
Rookie Player of the Year

I think the Rooney rule makes sense. If you look at a situation like the Browns, it's clearly not a meritocracy--it's about guys bringing their old buddies in. So I think you need to have something to interrupt that sort of approach and give guys a shot, even if it's only for a moment.

February 20th, 2011, 11:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next