View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 2nd, 2014, 10:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Julio Jones 
Stadium Announcer

Post Julio Jones
Any opinions on the Lions drafting Julio Jones. I know we already have CJ and Nate but assuming Jones is there at 13 I would think he is the best player available. I know receiver is not a need but Jones is a Terrell Owens 2.0 minus the attitude. It would give us arguably the best WR core in the league and we would find out really soon if Stafford is the future. I'm not saying there aren't bigger holes to fill nor am I hoping we draft Jones but this year I could honestly see us drafting any non qb position. Any thoughts?

January 30th, 2011, 10:51 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: Julio Jones
ZAndrews81 wrote:
Any opinions on the Lions drafting Julio Jones. I know we already have CJ and Nate but assuming Jones is there at 13 I would think he is the best player available. I know receiver is not a need but Jones is a Terrell Owens 2.0 minus the attitude. It would give us arguably the best WR core in the league and we would find out really soon if Stafford is the future. I'm not saying there aren't bigger holes to fill nor am I hoping we draft Jones but this year I could honestly see us drafting any non qb position. Any thoughts?

Quite honestly I hope the Lions don't draft him. He is somewhat inconsistent catching the ball, although he did improve on that this past season. However, what I could see is if Jones falls to the Lions, some team like Baltimore or KC might want to jump ahead of the Rams to nab him. I wouldn't mind seeing the Lions trade down a few spots and pick up a third rounder. Even San Diego may be interested in moving up. I can't recall if they signed VJack long term or not.

January 31st, 2011, 12:05 pm
Team MVP

I was thinking about this lately.

Though i wouldnt MIND drafting Julio Jones, I just dont see a reason why. We need a slot guy, and he definetely isnt a slot guy. Unless we moved Bureleson to slot, but would he like that?

Like M2 said, there are several teams that could trade with us, and that would put a smile on most Lions fans faces, including myself.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

January 31st, 2011, 1:18 pm
RIP Killer

I'm all for BPA. If it is Jones, you take him unless the grade between him and another guy is so close it is practically a draw anyways. I love a draft team that sets up rules BEFORE the draft so that rash decisions are not made to get a certain player. We could use another good receiver and be a better team. Everyone would rather see a top D player at that spot, I really hope for one, but you don't pass up talent.

January 31st, 2011, 1:40 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Nope.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

January 31st, 2011, 2:20 pm
Profile WWW
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I think it has to be a pick in which need and value coincide. I wouldn't be completely stunned if they drafted a WR but I have to believe that at #13, there will be several good players available at positions of greater need. I'm guessing the pick will be a different position but WR could very easily be in the mix.

January 31st, 2011, 2:46 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

I wouldn't want anything to do with this pick, even if we traded down and he fell into our lap in the mid-20's. While I like the idea of drafting a WR in day 3, we don't need to do it in round 1.

January 31st, 2011, 5:43 pm
NFL Team Captain

I think I would be disappointed to see them draft Julio at 13. While he may be the best player on the board at that pick, I don't see them taking him. If QB was the BPA, I feel pretty confident that they would not pick a QB at 13, so I have to believe that this wouldn't be the pick either.

BPA to a degree. Just my thoughts.

January 31st, 2011, 7:41 pm
RIP Killer

If Jones is available, I would find it difficult to believe no team would attempt to trade up. Of course, it depends on what the offer is. But anything reasonable that doesn't bump us way down in the order should be STRONGLY considered over taking yet ANOTHER round one receiver.

January 31st, 2011, 7:58 pm
RIP Killer

m2karateman wrote:
If Jones is available, I would find it difficult to believe no team would attempt to trade up. Of course, it depends on what the offer is. But anything reasonable that doesn't bump us way down in the order should be STRONGLY considered over taking yet ANOTHER round one receiver.

I agree.

January 31st, 2011, 8:02 pm
Team MVP

Thats a good point M2.

The way I look at it is MOST LIKELY we can have a starting linebacker in RD2, so I dont really care how far we move down. We can move down to 32 for all I care. You never know who might fall that far.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

January 31st, 2011, 8:09 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Although there are other receivers the Lions could get in later rounds that could potentially improve our receiving group by being the #3 we have been hoping for, if Jones is BPA on the board and we can't trade back, then I understand the pick.
I think you can throw Ingram or the best DE available in with him in that scenario. Neither is a position of great need, but I don't want to pass on a more talented player to satisfy a need.
Look at the brite side, with no trade options, the Lions select a player that not only bolsters the position, but becomes one of great strength. Just my opinion.

February 1st, 2011, 10:43 am
RIP Killer

Although this team has far more pressing needs (CB, LB, and S), but Jones would be a great pick. He's a beast and would actually give us a legit #2 with Burleson in the slot where he belongs.

February 1st, 2011, 11:42 am
Stadium Announcer

I really like the debate here. I'm by no means an NFL scout but I believe JJ is gonna be a great player. I no wr is not a big need but would you rather have a wr that could become a Brandon Marshall/Terrell Owens talent or an ernie sims talent. I'm not saying the available linebackers can't be great or JJ is gonna be that good but I think the potential is there and if he is on the board and it's between him or ayers or even an o lineman I would hope we take Julio. The lineman in this draft in my opinion are overrated because the class is so weak and I don't think ayers is that good. Basically I'm saying if it is between a star wideout and a decent linebacker I think you need to pick the wr for the best interest of the franchise.

February 1st, 2011, 7:21 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Why on earth would you pay that kind of money to a first round receiver when there are really good receivers to be had in the 4th 5th and 6th rounds?

Is Millen using ZAndrew81's account?

If the Lions were a for-sure playoff contender next year and they were one receiver away from being the NFC champions, I would drool over this, but they're not there yet. Drafting a receiver, either bust or pro-bowler, would hurt the Lions very badly.

"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather." -Bill Hicks

February 1st, 2011, 8:38 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next