View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 17th, 2014, 6:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Letters of Intent 
Player of the Year - Offense

Post Letters of Intent
I know a couple of you had follwed the LOI, and someone had mentioned a particular LB that could be joining Michigan, does anyone have any star ratings and knowledge of the class of recruits we got, especially with the turmoil and change right before LOI's were due? Thanks!

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

February 3rd, 2011, 8:58 am
QB Coach

Post Re: Letters of Intent
DevilDoc wrote:
I know a couple of you had follwed the LOI, and someone had mentioned a particular LB that could be joining Michigan, does anyone have any star ratings and knowledge of the class of recruits we got, especially with the turmoil and change right before LOI's were due? Thanks!

According to rivals.com UM's class is currently ranked #21. Here's the link to their signings so far:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/commitments/2011/michigan-29;_ylt=AhGuSEK6.H_uz2L0ks.LzwdJPZB4

I have no clue who the linebacker you're referring to is, but maybe this will help you.

http://www.11points.com/Books/11_Things ... _Do_Anyway

LET'S GO DUKE!

If you don't like gay marriage, don't get one.

February 3rd, 2011, 10:37 am
RIP Killer

Watched all day online, seeing what popped up. I prefer Scout, seem to be more right than the others on grades. ESPN is usually never right and bias SEC players. Watched player commit to Big Ten schools and their ratings drop the next day on ESPN, it's crazy...

Anyways, here are Scouts ratings:

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=14&yr=2011

OSU #3
Nebraska #23
Iowa #26
UM #26
MSU #29
Penn #33
Illi #34
Wisc #39

OSU got again some top rated players, 1-2 best QB, best OLB, but missed out on some homegrown talent that was expected to stay, disappointing. Also, a OSU recruit got arrested the day of... awesome...

"Hoke has acquired two 4-star defensive players—defensive end Brennen Beyer, out of Plymouth, MI and defensive back Blake Countess, from Owings Mills, MD."

Most notable signees for UM.

February 3rd, 2011, 10:55 am
RIP Killer

On a side note, even though the SEC made a rule of signing only 28 players, now and NCAA rule, 11 teams signed 29 or more players and USC with their 10 less scholarships still signed 30 recruits. Amazing... can't wait to see more stories of recruits getting their offer pulled while moving into the dorms.

February 3rd, 2011, 11:01 am
RIP Killer

ESPN Big Ten Grades:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiti ... id=6083015

February 3rd, 2011, 11:46 am
RIP Killer

More on the OSU potential signee:

Quote:
Chris Carter, an offensive lineman from Cleveland JFK, had verbally committed to the Buckeyes. But he was arrested the day before signing day for sexual imposition. Carter spent the night in jail after he was accused of allegedly fondling as many as eight teenage girls.

“They released him, and they said they’re probably not going to charge him,” said Carter’s attorney, Harvey B. Bruner. “They’re probably going to look into it a little more. ... What the kid did was idiotic, but it wasn’t a crime. The kid is a decent kid.”

Carter’s loss gave OSU just three offensive lineman, shy of the goal of four or five.

NCAA rules prohibit Tressel from talking about recruits not signed. He did say it was possible that Carter would join the team.

“Everyone is aware ... something popped up and we didn’t know much about it,” Tressel said. “We can’t talk about it. We don’t know what the situation is. It could be larger, it might not be.”

Looks like he is just a typical 18 year old perve who acted on his perverseness.

February 3rd, 2011, 12:26 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

steensn wrote:
Watched all day online, seeing what popped up. I prefer Scout, seem to be more right than the others on grades. ESPN is usually never right and bias SEC players. Watched player commit to Big Ten schools and their ratings drop the next day on ESPN, it's crazy...

Anyways, here are Scouts ratings:

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=14&yr=2011

OSU #3
Nebraska #23
Iowa #26
UM #26
MSU #29
Penn #33
Illi #34
Wisc #39

OSU got again some top rated players, 1-2 best QB, best OLB, but missed out on some homegrown talent that was expected to stay, disappointing. Also, a OSU recruit got arrested the day of... awesome...

"Hoke has acquired two 4-star defensive players—defensive end Brennen Beyer, out of Plymouth, MI and defensive back Blake Countess, from Owings Mills, MD."

Most notable signees for UM.

According to Rivals, UM has six 4-star players, besides Countess and Beyer, you also have Chris Bryant (OG), Chris Barnett(TE), Justice Hayes(RB), and Ramon Taylor(ATH). Hoke managed to get Barnett to decomit from Arkansas and Taylor from Indiana, he recruited Bryant out of Chicago and Hayes was already committed under RichRod.

The LB they lost out on was Leilon Willingham out of Denver who cast his lot with UCF. Hoke lost out on in-state talent in Jake Fisher(OT) who went to Oregon and he couldn't get Zettle to decomit from PSU.

He was able to get a QB this late in the game for depth and everything I've been reading, Barnett and Thomas Rawls (RB) who finally qualified, have a tremendous amount of upside. He also got a fricking Kicker too. Take it for what its worth since I consider these signing classes and all the pundits comments pretty much the same hype as the NFL draft. Lets see what good coaching can do.

If Hoke could of landed Fisher and Zettle he would of had an outstanding class considering his time contraints. Regardless, he still did a good job considering that UM was rated in the upper thirties just a few weeks ago.

February 3rd, 2011, 12:29 pm

One would think that Sparty would of done better considering they are coming off an 11-2 year.

February 3rd, 2011, 12:31 pm
RIP Killer

I would say given the situation he did a killer job getting a class in at the last minute. Hopefully UM can give recruits some hope and they can start bringing in top classes again. RR's classes always seemed to be good but for some reason he never focused on defense as much as offense. Seems that this class is MOSTLY D players, which should be good for UM.

February 3rd, 2011, 12:35 pm

steensn wrote:
I would say given the situation he did a killer job getting a class in at the last minute. Hopefully UM can give recruits some hope and they can start bringing in top classes again. RR's classes always seemed to be good but for some reason he never focused on defense as much as offense. Seems that this class is MOSTLY D players, which should be good for UM.

Believe it or not but I thought I heard someone mention that RichRod said yesterday that UM had turned the corner and he would of brought in a top ten class this year :shock:

I have also read that the talent pool is much richer for the 2012 class, espcially in the mid west, so the pickings might be there.

February 3rd, 2011, 12:39 pm
RIP Killer

BS, he would not of had a top Ten Class. The talent pool that he had access to was not strong enough. OSU had to get lots of non midwest talent to hit the top ten, UM wasn't going to get that talent. 2012, maybe the big ten can bust it out.

February 3rd, 2011, 1:30 pm

steensn wrote:
BS, he would not of had a top Ten Class. The talent pool that he had access to was not strong enough. OSU had to get lots of non midwest talent to hit the top ten, UM wasn't going to get that talent. 2012, maybe the big ten can bust it out.

I know it's BS, I swear I saw it yesterday but cannot find it today (the link). He might of said it when he was doing his TV analyst for CBS. I find it a bit ironic that he ended up interviewing Hoke yesterday, as they say, sometimes its a small world.

February 3rd, 2011, 2:27 pm
grgrundge wrote:
steensn wrote:

Believe it or not but I thought I heard someone mention that RichRod said yesterday that UM had turned the corner and he would of brought in a top ten class this year :shock:

I have also read that the talent pool is much richer for the 2012 class, espcially in the mid west, so the pickings might be there.

I find it laughable that RR can claim that he would have had a top 10 class when he was sitting at 49 when he left. I will give him that the rumors of him being fired hurt him dramatically, and he could have likely improved the status of his class before signing day, but to say that it would have been top 10 is ridiculous.

February 3rd, 2011, 2:41 pm
RIP Killer

This... is awesome...

February 3rd, 2011, 8:28 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Quote:
I find it laughable that RR can claim that he would have had a top 10 class when he was sitting at 49 when he left. I will give him that the rumors of him being fired hurt him dramatically, and he could have likely improved the status of his class before signing day, but to say that it would have been top 10 is ridiculous.

Actually, before all the "OMG hes probably getting fired" stuff, RR's class was sitting ranked in the mid 20s. Top 10 might be a stretch, but I think top 15 was in the realm of possibility.

Hoke has impressed me with what hes managed to do. He probably could've done a great job if he had been given more time, which again, goes back to DB the idiot.

February 4th, 2011, 5:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]