View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 22nd, 2014, 11:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Albert Haynesworth on the block 
Post Re: Albert Haynesworth on the block
TheRealWags wrote:
Another thing the military has going for it in these cases is the soldier isn't making an @$$load of cash. :wink:

I would agree with bringing him in, but no to a trade unless its for a late round pick only. Washington is going to have a hard sell trying to trade him which is why I think he'll be cut. When he is cut ( :wink: ) I think he'll be calling on Schwartz to see if he can get a job. I'd say sign him to a vet minimum, incentive laden contract and see what happens.

The military has an employment contract in place that can't be broken for fear of a dishonorable discharge, that doesn't exist in the NFL. The military is also dealing with people that are generally broke and need their paychecks, that also doesn't exist in the NFL.

It's tough to discipline someone when you literally don't have any authority.

I'd still give up any DT on our roster not named Suh and a 5th round pick for him.

December 15th, 2010, 10:50 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Just say "No" to Haynesworth. If a salary cap is back in place next season, DT is one of the least positions that the Lions need to throw money at. I'd rather see them spend it on a LB, DB, or OL instead. Also, Haynesworth is due $5.4M in 2011 and $6.7M in 2012, which isn't exactly chump change. Forget keeping him after that under his current contract because of the huge option bonus due in 2013.

December 22nd, 2010, 8:16 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

from a cost perspective it would only be possible if he is cut by the Skins and not traded then.

If he is Cut and will sign for a small contract heavily laden with Incentives I would consider it, but am not really worried about it as we have 1 of the better DT rotations in the league (thank God Suh was worth #2 money).

December 23rd, 2010, 3:36 am
Profile ICQ WWW
NFL Team Captain

I've noticed some trade ideas involving A.H. on several other threads lately.

Just a note for those entertaining the thought.

A warrant was issued for Fat Albert for some type assult. Just caught part of the report on ESPN.

First he whines about the defensive scheme and now the cops want him.

Personally I don't want Haynesworth any where near Suh!

February 5th, 2011, 6:13 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I obv was interested at least a tiny bit as evidenced by previous posts, but with this latest incident he isnt worth any round pick in a trade.

Do not want.

February 6th, 2011, 5:29 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Veteran General Manager

wjb21ndtown wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
Another thing the military has going for it in these cases is the soldier isn't making an @$$load of cash. :wink:

I would agree with bringing him in, but no to a trade unless its for a late round pick only. Washington is going to have a hard sell trying to trade him which is why I think he'll be cut. When he is cut ( :wink: ) I think he'll be calling on Schwartz to see if he can get a job. I'd say sign him to a vet minimum, incentive laden contract and see what happens.

The military has an employment contract in place that can't be broken for fear of a dishonorable discharge, that doesn't exist in the NFL. The military is also dealing with people that are generally broke and need their paychecks, that also doesn't exist in the NFL.

It's tough to discipline someone when you literally don't have any authority.

I'd still give up any DT on our roster not named Suh and a 5th round pick for him.

I am not willing to give up SLH either. I would however , be willing to swap Encroachment Williams straight up for him.

February 6th, 2011, 10:49 am
Veteran General Manager

jomo269 wrote:
I've noticed some trade ideas involving A.H. on several other threads lately.

Just a note for those entertaining the thought.

A warrant was issued for Fat Albert for some type assult. Just caught part of the report on ESPN.

First he whines about the defensive scheme and now the cops want him.

Personally I don't want Haynesworth any where near Suh!

From what I have heard, it is a BS road rage incident.

February 6th, 2011, 10:51 am
RIP Killer

BS or not, the guy isn't worth the trouble. Corey Williams is frustrating because of a few encroachments, but otherwise he's a damn fine player and is not an off-field concern for the team. We have three very good defensive tackles on this team, we don't NEED Haynesworth, AT ALL! Let him be someone elses headache.

Those of you who say we should trade for him are out of your minds.

February 6th, 2011, 2:47 pm
QB Coach

m2karateman wrote:
BS or not, the guy isn't worth the trouble. Corey Williams is frustrating because of a few encroachments, but otherwise he's a damn fine player and is not an off-field concern for the team. We have three very good defensive tackles on this team, we don't NEED Haynesworth, AT ALL! Let him be someone elses headache.

Those of you who say we should trade for him are out of your minds.

Agree 100%

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

February 6th, 2011, 3:45 pm
RIP Killer

Haynseworth tried to punch out another driver:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6115763

February 14th, 2011, 10:21 am
NFL Team Captain

Looks like Albert's world is crumbling around him.

Now he has been accused of sexual assult just last week.

A very promising career is about to fizzle. :-&

February 16th, 2011, 2:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2