View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 23rd, 2014, 2:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 TCU Won't Play a Rematch Game 
RIP Killer

Post TCU Won't Play a Rematch Game
Why do these schools get stuck up? TCU needs big games, so does Boise. They want national title hopes but won't step up to get there...

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/ncf/ne ... id=6106632

February 10th, 2011, 10:24 am
RIP Killer

Post Re: TCU Won't Play a Rematch Game
there you go again. I'm sure TCU would be interested in a home-and-home two game series but of course that wasn't offered. I wonder if Wisconsin would have wanted to participate if it was just a one game series to be played in Fort Worth?

Keep bagging on the little guys. It isn't enough that they stepped up and joined a bigger conference, now they have to only play the big boys in the big boys stadiums as well.

February 10th, 2011, 10:45 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I'm just saying they continue to make decisions that don't help themselves out. Do a couple of one off games, beat them, then demand more. If they don't have the schedule to get into the NTG, that is their own fault. I don;t get why they don't just do what they need to to get the schedule.

February 10th, 2011, 11:11 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

simple...home gammes equal $$$$ away games don't. The schoool; wants to make money. plain and simple

February 10th, 2011, 11:26 am
RIP Killer

regularjoe12 wrote:
simple...home gammes equal $$$$ away games don't. The schoool; wants to make money. plain and simple

and B-I-N-G-O was his name-O!!!

Its all about the $ steensn. Why do you think Wisconsin would agree to it? Cause a home game like this generates a lot of money...

February 10th, 2011, 11:37 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Away games generate $$$ too, just not as much. NT's generate even more money than a home game... so if $$ is the cause, invest up front.

February 10th, 2011, 11:43 am
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
Away games generate $$$ too, just not as much. NT's generate even more money than a home game... so if $$ is the cause, invest up front.

They get more $ for playing at home. They also finished #2 in the BCS rankings last year and with a stronger conf shouldn't need that game to make it into the NT game and in fact have a better shot w/out risking a loss in the first game of the year away at a tough place to play. Smart move by TCU, sure it upsets the likes of the "Big Boys" who only want to play under there conditions but not fair ones like a home and home set of games.

February 10th, 2011, 1:12 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

They aren't in the Big East till next year. This season they are still stuck in the MW division. TCU has a legit chance of playing for a NT again with the right schedule... it would be a shame for them to miss it because they didn't face anyone better than Utah, which is their toughest matchup next year. I'm of the mind you do what you need to get what you can this year because you are NOT promised anything the year after. There is no assurance they will continue to have such a successful team the following years.

February 10th, 2011, 1:19 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
They aren't in the Big East till next year. This season they are still stuck in the MW division. TCU has a legit chance of playing for a NT again with the right schedule... it would be a shame for them to miss it because they didn't face anyone better than Utah again...

Good point. Hopefully they 1) start higher in the polls and 2) have already shown they match up well with one of the best teams in the country.

I just wish a team like Wisconsin would play on an even playing field and swap home games with them. We already know who was the better team on a neutral field.

Also, their 2011 schedule is already in place with non-conf games already scheduled against Baylor of the Big 12, BYU and their cross town rivals - SMU.

February 10th, 2011, 1:25 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

TT was on the schedule... they cancelled in Jan so they have an open slot. Wisconsin didn't approach TCU, a third party approached both and thought it would be a big hit/seller. They are not going to start higher in the polls, they actually will likely start lower with the loses they've had at key positions.

February 10th, 2011, 2:02 pm
RIP Killer

Everyone know college football is about proving it on the field against good competition. The only reason we saw Auburn in the NTG is because they ended up beating a crap load of very good competition. They were ranked in the 20's in preseason polls and won out against 3 top 10 teams and a bunch more top 25 teams. Oregon as well beat a top 10 team and a few top 25 teams.

If TCU want to get anywhere this season past just BCS bowl birth, they need to beef up their competition this year. When they go to the Big East, they will get a little boost in overall quality, but will still need to get some bigger games scheduled. If that means a couple on and done games then they need to suck it up, beat the crap out of a few, and win a NT.

February 10th, 2011, 2:25 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Sorry Steens...Im all for what TCU did. Take the dinero....get more games for YOUR fans and Alum to go to, sell more swag, and conssessions. Like you said..there is no tellin if the team will even play as good this year as last...why pass on money now for a maybe of the future. Plus to me...more home games equals stronger fan loyalty. IMO

February 10th, 2011, 2:27 pm
RIP Killer

Then they shouldn't complain about not getting a shot... that is all I am saying. You can't have your cake and eat it too... you have to earn it.

February 10th, 2011, 2:37 pm
RIP Killer

Also note, they said if it were OSU they would do it yet they shot down OSU before on the same deal.

February 10th, 2011, 2:46 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
Then they shouldn't complain about not getting a shot... that is all I am saying. You can't have your cake and eat it too... you have to earn it.

Only playing non-conf games at home sure sounds like having your cake and eating it too.

Beating a team on a neutral field sounds like earning it to me.

February 10th, 2011, 3:02 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next