View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 7:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Available Free Agents? 
NFL Team Captain

Post Available Free Agents?
Thought I'd start a FA thread instead of having one for every free agent of intrest. May have over looked one so feel free to edit, move or any other thing you guys do.

Here are 3 guys I know nothing about but they sound interesting.
S Erik Coleman Atlanta
DE Jamaal Anderson Atlanta

A CFL DE Phillip Hunt.......This guy is supposed to be a monster sack artist, if you can believe anything written about players. 6' 1" 248. Currently being looked at by 3 or so NFL teams. Sounds like more of a pass rushing LB to me.

Any thoughts?

February 11th, 2011, 1:23 pm
NFL Team Captain

Post Re: Available Free Agents?
CFL DE Phillip Hunt was signed by the Eagles yesterday. 3 years, $10.5 mil. They must have seen something.

February 12th, 2011, 1:08 pm
NFL Team Captain

S Erik Coleman Atlanta - Signed by the Lions! :shock:

February 19th, 2011, 3:05 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

TNLionsFanatic wrote:
S Erik Coleman Atlanta - Signed by the Lions! :shock:

I hope this means the end of CC.

February 20th, 2011, 10:08 am
Hall of Fame Player

Quote:
Vikings LB Greenway gets franchise tag (AP)
The Minnesota Vikings placed the franchise tag on Chad Greenway on Monday, backing up their offseason statements about wanting to keep the 28-year-old linebacker in purple. Greenway has led the team in tackles for three straight seasons. He was chosen the team's 2010 defensive MVP and had 149 tackles.

February 22nd, 2011, 9:45 am
RIP Killer

I'm glad that I was roasted during draft time when I said Ernie Sims was a chump and Greenway was going to be a damn good player for a long time.

Outside of tooting my own horn, I also thought Tye Hill was going to be a decent player, lol.

February 23rd, 2011, 9:10 am
RIP Killer

conversion02 wrote:
I'm glad that I was roasted during draft time when I said Ernie Sims was a chump and Greenway was going to be a damn good player for a long time.

Outside of tooting my own horn, I also thought Tye Hill was going to be a decent player, lol.

I actually like the Sims pick......but not at 9th overall. I was pushing for the Lions to take the deal from Denver. My understanding was the the Broncos were trying to trade up from 15 to 9 so that they could nab Cutler, fearing that Arizona would take him ahead of Leinart at the 10th spot. They were offering their 3rd round pick to swap, and the two idiots (Mustache and Moronelli) were afraid that they'd miss out on Sims at #15 because the Eagles were supposedly very high on him, and also felt a third round pick wasn't enough to make the swap. So Denver gave the third rounder to St. Louis, who ended up taking Hill. The Lions could have still gotten Greenway, plus an extra third round pick to boot (which I'm sure M&M would have wasted on some scrub).

It makes me nauseaus thinking about how many picks the Lions wasted in those years.

I gotta go throw up........ fart.gif

February 23rd, 2011, 10:46 am
QB Coach

Well the Jets just cut Gholston, Woody, Jason Taylor and Kris Jenkins. I'm not really interested in any of those guys with the POSSIBLE exception of Gholston as a DE. I know he's a bust but if he signed a minimum contract with incentives if he does well and we could salvage him, that'd be awesome. The likelyhood of that happening is slim to none so I wouldn't go outta my way to pursue him.

February 28th, 2011, 11:10 pm
RIP Killer

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
Well the Jets just cut Gholston, Woody, Jason Taylor and Kris Jenkins. I'm not really interested in any of those guys with the POSSIBLE exception of Gholston as a DE. I know he's a bust but if he signed a minimum contract with incentives if he does well and we could salvage him, that'd be awesome. The likelyhood of that happening is slim to none so I wouldn't go outta my way to pursue him.

The only one of those players I'd be interested in is Damien Woody. Not as a starter, but as someone who can back up at four different positions. That kind of versatility is nice to have. I think he's certainly a better option than Dylan Gandy as the backup at center/guard.

March 1st, 2011, 10:52 am
RIP Killer

Anyone willing to put Gholston in a 4-3 scheme should take a flier on him. He'll come cheep and has lots of potential. The Jets are morons on that front.

March 1st, 2011, 11:13 am
QB Coach

In addition to Portis yesterday, the Skins have released LG Derrick Dockery and LB(DE) Andre Carter. Both guys will catch on somewhere. It was only 2 years ago Carter had 11 sacks as a 4-3 DE.

March 1st, 2011, 8:40 pm
Hall of Fame Player

I was thinking about Damien Woody as a RG. Any takers?

March 1st, 2011, 10:12 pm
NFL Team Captain

KFFL is reporting that the 9ers are going to release CB Nate Clements.

Any interest?

Plus I would like to sign both Woody and Gholston at the right price. Especially Gholston. sorry about the spelling :oops:

March 2nd, 2011, 9:30 am
QB Coach

Clements is gettting old and he will want a huge contract. I think that money can be better spent elsewhere. If they release him, there is no way Amukamara falls past them at 7.

March 2nd, 2011, 10:24 am
NFL Team Captain

Very true, didn't even think of that.

March 2nd, 2011, 10:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next