View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 21st, 2014, 12:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 TCU Won't Play a Rematch Game 
RIP Killer

Post Re: TCU Won't Play a Rematch Game
It is, but it was earned... big non conference games are 1-1's, TCU has to EARN it by more than a few big games won, moving to the Big East will help, but if they want big schools to give them a 1-1 they aren't going to get it until they beat more than two big teams in 5 years. TCU has the Wisconsin with and the Texas win to their name a BUNCH of loses past that. That isn't earning it...

February 10th, 2011, 3:39 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
It is, but it was earned... big non conference games are 1-1's, TCU has to EARN it by more than a few big games won, moving to the Big East will help, but if they want big schools to give them a 1-1 they aren't going to get it until they beat more than two big teams in 5 years. TCU has the Wisconsin with and the Texas win to their name a BUNCH of loses past that. That isn't earning it...

That is total BS. Does Michigan have to EARN it again despite their collapse the past few years or can they still command a 1-1?

steensn - you want certain teams to play by your rules, or rules that favor the OSU's of the world. What a bunch of... Just like the BCS. Bunch of losses, really? This is a team that has finished in your BCS poll in the top 7 for three straight years. They have finished in the top 25 eight times since 2000. But you don't consider that earning it.

On top of that they have switched conferences but you still can't let up. I've told you their non-conf opponents this year, lets look ahead. Next years are SMU (as always) but the other two are Oklahoma and Virginia - is OSU's tougher than that? Oh, and the next two years after that they have a home/away vs LSU because they are NOT afraid to play teams like that, they would like home games as well - to bad the Wisconsin and OSU's of the world are too chicken $%^& to do that like LSU. Is that earning it enough for you or are you still going to find something to complain about in those years as well?

February 10th, 2011, 4:05 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Pablo, it isn't my rules, it is the NCAA rules. It is the culture of it. I'm not saying it is fair or not but if TCU sits there and says "we're better than that" and everyone else says "no your not" then they need to prove it. it's life, life is not fair. If they want to contend for a national title, they need to take what they can get for a few years and prove it over more than a few big games.

You are making this something it is not. I'm simply saying, if you are going to whine about not being respected, prove it. They are NOT in the Big East this next year. They lost key players, but if they "are who they say they are" then they can reload like the big boys. That means they have again, a solid team to make it to the BCS game but not the schedule to make it THE game.

I don't understand how one can complain about this all the time and then do everything opposite to stand in the way of what you want. I'm not calling them a crappy team, I'm pointing out the fact that they make choices that if they are as good as they want to make themselves, they are HURTING their ability to get what they want.

What are you smoking!?... OSU added Texas when Texas was at the top of their game, they added USC when USC was at the top of their game and added Miami when they were at the top of their game.

Texas 05 (Texas won national title), 06 USC 08, 09 Miami 10, 11

All these teams were selected to play OSU when they were at the top of college football. Your comments are nonsense and against reality.

February 11th, 2011, 11:30 am
RIP Killer

Exactly (I had hoped that would perk you up)! OSU has scheduled tough opponents JUST LIKE TCU, so lets stop saying they hage to earn it when they put the likes of LSU on their schedule as they enter the Big East on top of that. If they finish the year undefeated, they will have earned it.

BTW - I'm not whining about TCU or Boise getting respect, I'm whinning about the crappy system that is the BCS.

The whinning is coming from you for TCU not moving their schedule around to play a tough road game to open the season in Wisconsin. You started this thread, not me - I'm just responding and understand why TCU doesn't want to lose a home game next year when Wisconsin won't recipricate by playing in FW. They PROVED to Wisconsin how good they were, they earned the right to play at TCU because of that. Did you see the Rose Bowl? You talk about proving it and earning it yet seem to ignore the fact taht it was proven and earned on the field.

February 11th, 2011, 11:43 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

TCU historically has not scheduled this tough games... this is rather new for them. This 2 game thing with LSU is a NEW thing. They scheduled 2 tough games in the past 6 years. It is not at all the same...

Fact is, if they want to have a shot they have to do what they can to get they schedule. They are refusing these one off games which is their only chance.

February 11th, 2011, 12:04 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I just think teams like TCU and Boise St. need to go intot the backyards of the big boys and beat them before they can start demanding a 1 and 1 series.

February 11th, 2011, 1:59 pm
RIP Killer

Really, they beat both #5 Utah (by 40) on the road and Wisconsin in a bowl game. In 2009 they beat big boys Virginia and Clemson both on the road. They played at Oklahoma in 2008 and Texas in 2007. None of those games were home/away series, all were just away games.

Truth of the matter is they can keep playing teams like this on the road and your opinions won't change because of the name. They would destroy the likes of Michigan, Notre Dame and yes my Spartans who all have big names but not the same quality of football.

February 11th, 2011, 2:26 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

#5 Utah was obviously over rated at that time as they finished a 3 loss #19 BCS team. They're only big win was Wisconsin, which they showed they are for this last year, god enough to compete with the bigger schools. What is the last big win they had against a big ranked team besides Wisconsin?

Ranked teams in BCS final:

They lost to:
2009 Boise #4 (who picked this pathetic matchup?)
2008 Utah #2, Oklahoma #5
2007 Texas #10

They beat:
2010 Wisconsin #7
2008 Boise #10 (who picked this pathetic matchup?)
2005 Oklahoma #23

I do not see how they have really proven anything!? only one single game has proven anything...

February 11th, 2011, 3:25 pm
RIP Killer

All this just points out that we need a new system, otherwise we are all arguing about stuff that should be settled on the field.

February 11th, 2011, 5:18 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

No, that doesn't at all point to a new system. It is a negative side effect of the system but every system has negative side effects. If we react to the negative as a reason to change then we would always be changing.

February 11th, 2011, 5:24 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
No, that doesn't at all point to a new system. It is a negative side effect of the system but every system has negative side effects. If we react to the negative as a reason to change then we would always be changing.

It is one of too many negative side effects, they add up to plenty of reasons to change the system but lets not get into that again but rather agree to disagree.

It is just a shame when the team that finished 2nd in the rankings had no shot at the spot one place higher - in fact, that system is a joke. And I'll tell you what, even if they played a team like Wisconsin in their opener and won, the Championship Game last season would have pitted the same two teams against each other.

February 11th, 2011, 6:58 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

They are only number two because the # two team had to play the #1 team. I see absolutely no reason to pit the top two teams against each other and then rank the loser lower for that close of a game, it is dumb TCU is even second. TCU didn't dominate and Oregon didn't get whooped. The end ranking is really irrelevant on a position by position basis, just like in the NCAA tourney. To say TCU got gipped because they needed #2 is making more out of it that it really is.

February 11th, 2011, 7:01 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
They are only number two because the # two team had to play the #1 team. I see absolutely no reason to pit the top two teams against each other and then rank the loser lower for that close of a game, it is dumb TCU is even second. TCU didn't dominate and Oregon didn't get whooped. The end ranking is really irrelevant on a position by position basis, just like in the NCAA tourney. To say TCU got gipped because they needed #2 is making more out of it that it really is.

OK, and Green Bay as the #6 seed in the NFC certainly didn't prove themselves or earn their championship - oh wait, they did! Imagine a team that had just lost to the Lions as world champions - wow!

Too bad we just didn't hand Atlanta the trophy since they proved themselves and earned it in the regular season...

February 12th, 2011, 11:11 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Green Bay was not the best team this year. The playoffs and match ups fell in their favor. They got lucky that their ugly game came against the Lions and not the first round of the playoffs. Makes for good TV, but if one want to act like just because GB didn't meltdown at the wrong time they are somehow better is silly. It's artificial importance on games, which is fine if those are the rules, but doesn't mean it is better.

February 12th, 2011, 12:20 pm
QB Coach

steensn wrote:
Green Bay was not the best team this year. The playoffs and match ups fell in their favor. They got lucky that their ugly game came against the Lions and not the first round of the playoffs. Makes for good TV, but if one want to act like just because GB didn't meltdown at the wrong time they are somehow better is silly. It's artificial importance on games, which is fine if those are the rules, but doesn't mean it is better.

Who is better? Green Bay was a super bowl pick for a lot of people at the beginning of the season. Then they got hit with lots of injuries, and it took them some time to figure it out. But once they did, they were rolling. Atlanta was not as good as their record. They didn't beat many truly good teams this year, and got exposed for what they were.

I really don't understand how you can say Green Bay wasn't the best team this year. They played just as well as anyone else did.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

February 13th, 2011, 11:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next