View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 2:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Flying at the speed of Mock 1. 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Flying at the speed of Mock 1.
So here's an interesting question.....if Von Miller falls to #13, and the Patriots coming knocking with that offer to the Lions, do they take Miller or the deal? The Patriots, I think, would trade up for a talented LB, but I don't see them trading up for Ingram.

February 8th, 2011, 7:58 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I take Von Miller unless the deal gets better. We get a chance to pick a likely Starting OLB for us for the next 5-6 years, vs 2 lower picks who are more likely crapshoots (read: not special talents at this stage).

It would take a pretty solid trade offer to replace VM if he somehow falls to 13.

February 8th, 2011, 9:34 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

The Pats actually traded down, not up, to get Mayo in 2008. With that said, they did trade up to get Ty Warren in 2003 and they do tend to trade a lot, both up and down, in the later rounds of the draft, so anything is possible. While I don't consider the trade proposal likely, I wouldn't rule it out either. Just something to think about.

February 8th, 2011, 9:43 pm
NFL Team Captain

M2K... Say that trade did go down, who would you target at 17 & 28?

February 9th, 2011, 9:40 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

m2karateman wrote:
So here's an interesting question.....if Von Miller falls to #13, and the Patriots coming knocking with that offer to the Lions, do they take Miller or the deal? The Patriots, I think, would trade up for a talented LB, but I don't see them trading up for Ingram.

Take the deal, and hope for interest to trade back again to get additional picks. I could see the Patriots moving up for several different players. Miller, Cam Jordan, Julio Jones. Agree with you on Ingram, don't think he would be the target. Possibly, Jordan or another DE (Watt, Clayborn).
At 17 they could take Harris or another top corner, and Martez Wilson could still be there at 28. Better yet, they trade back again from 17 and pick up an additional 3rd. There should still be CB's available later in the 1st (Jimmy Smith, Aaron Williams).

February 9th, 2011, 10:19 am
RIP Killer

jomo269 wrote:
M2K... Say that trade did go down, who would you target at 17 & 28?

Personally, if Von Miller is on the board at 13, I take him and don't do the trade. Too much talent and need to pass on.

However, if for whatever reason he's off the board and the Patriots want to trade up to get a player like Cameron Jordan or maybe even Julio Jones, ahead of the Rams then at #17 I'd take a close look at the following players:
Brandon Harris
Mike Pouncey
Justin Houston
Akeem Ayers

At #28 I'd be interested in:
Mikel LeShoure
Mason Foster
Jimmy Smith
Gabe Carimi

Personally, I don't think New England would ever offer two first rounders as part of a trade up package. I would imagine that if they want to move up to 13, they'd offer 17 and 60, and ask for our 13 and 4th rounder in return and be satisifed with that. Or they may just offer us 17 and 74 straight up. It may not be equal on the chart, but New England doesn't always work according to that.

February 9th, 2011, 4:50 pm
QB Coach

I want everyone to get on the Jimmy Smith Bandwagon with me. He will be gone before pick #28. Jax at 16, Philly at 23, Seattle at 25 and Baltimore at 26 are potential landing spots. Go back a page and check my mock to see where I have him going. (Hint its to Lions with a trade down).

February 9th, 2011, 5:04 pm
Team MVP

I like it M2.

How come theres little talk on Justin Houston? The little bit ive watched of him he seems like a darn good player.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

February 9th, 2011, 5:07 pm
QB Coach

kdsberman wrote:
I like it M2.

How come theres little talk on Justin Houston? The little bit ive watched of him he seems like a darn good player.

I saw a mock by some big shot sports writer (I forget who) that had Houston going in the top 10. There's little talk of him going that high now but I think he's a solid first round prospect for a 3-4 team from what I understand.

February 9th, 2011, 5:19 pm
RIP Killer

kdsberman wrote:
I like it M2.

I think that this time of the year people focus on the top ten or fifteen, once they are settled the remaining players get their time in the limelight. I think Houston is a stud, and he could play LB on either defensive scheme. He reminds me of a YOUNG Julian Peterson....great athletic talent but a bit raw. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see the Texans take him at #11 if Miller is off the board, even ahead of Aldon Smith, who needs more development as a 34 OLB, in my opinion. My current top twenty players are:

DT Nick Fairley
WR A.J. Green
DE Da'Quan Bowers
CB Patrick Peterson
DT Marcell Dareus
CB Prince Amukamara
DE Robert Quinn
LB Von Miller
DE Cameron Jordan
QB Blaine Gabbert
WR Julio Jones
LB Justin Houston
CB Brandon Harris
OT Anthony Castonzo
LB Aldon Smith
DE Ryan Kerrigan
OT Gabe Carimi
LB Akeem Ayers
RB Mark Ingram
DE J.J. Watt

Another player to keep an eye out for, but probably not until round three, would be CB Jalil Brown out of Colorado. From what I read and heard, he was the most impressive corner at the Senior Bowl. Physical at the LOS, able to run with just about any receiver, and a very willing run support corner to boot. He could turn out to be a steal for whatever team takes him.

February 9th, 2011, 5:34 pm
QB Coach

Full First Round Mock

1. Carolina: Da'Quan Bowers DE - Could possibly go Fairley here but I think they need more help with the outside pass rush especially if they fail to re-sign Johnson.

2. Denver: Nick Fairley DT - Switching back to a 4-3 defense they need a legitimate DT to anchor their D. Fairly is possibly the best talent in this draft.

3. Buffalo: Marcell Dareus 3-4 DE - Buffalo may opt to go with Cam Newton here if they fall in love with him but I see them taking a QB in the later rounds. Buffalo doesn't really have a lot of talent on the D-line (Kyle Williams is underrated at the nose) so they need some help up front.

4. Cincinnati: A.J. Green WR - If they keep Palmer, he needs weapons. This selection may be one of the top QBs if Palmer is traded this year or they agree to trade him next season.

5. Arizona: Patrick Peterson DB - Could also go Von Miller here as they need pass rushers. However, Peterson is a top tier talent and the Cards are lacking at corner aside from DRC.

6. Cleveland: Von Miller LB - Miller can play in either 3-4 or 4-3 scheme and with Cleveland making the switch back to 4-3 they need talent all over the place. Miller will give them an athletic OLB with pass rush ability to pair with Fujita. Could also go with Julio Jones as his 40 time is going to improve his stock and the Browns need weapons. A top DE is also a consideration.

7. San Francisco: Prince Amukamara CB- Harbaugh keeps saying he wants Alex Smith back. We'll see if that's the case come draft time. Blaine Gabbert may be the selection here. SF is lacking in the CB department and their best player, Clements, is over paid and starting to decline.

8. Tennessee: Blaine Gabbert QB - Titans are moving on for the VY era and need a new star QB. GAbbert is the best in this class. If he is off the board, they could go with d-line help in a deep class.

9. Dallas: Tyron Smith OT - O-line and secondary are Dallas' main weaknesses. I think Smith vaults himself up the board and gives them versatility on the oline, with the ability to play LT or RT. He can start on the right side since they keep saying how much they like Doug Free at LT and make the switch to the left side if/when Free doesn't pan out. Could also take Price Amukamara here if he's on the board.

10. Washington: Julio Jones WR - The Skins need help all over the place but Jones' showing at the combine is going to make this the lowest he'll get selected. Santana Moss is a FA and even if he re-signs, hes in his 30s and won't be around much longer. Armstrong is more of a #2 or slot guy. They could also take a QB, RB, CB or LB here.

11. Houston: Robert Quinn OLB 3-4 - Houston is moving to a 3-4 and says Mario will stay at DE. That means they need another pass rusher at OLB to pair with Cushing. Quinn is a wild card after being out of football a year but I think he will be more reward than risk.

12. Minnesota: Cam Newton QB - When first working on this, I had Newton falling to Seattle at 25. The Vikings need a QB and I think it's possible Cam lands here. If he's gone or they don't want him, I could see another Cam (Cam Jordan) going at this pick to replace Ray Edwards who likely leaves via FA.

13. Detroit: Cameron Jordan DE - Had Jimmy Smith here at first but with Jordan falling this far, we had to snap him up. He'll add to the rotation at DE and learn from KVB to keep a strength even stronger. Can replace KVB or Avril if he isn't signed long term. I'm a huge Jimmy Smith fan so it was hard to steer away from him here.

14. St. Louis: Ryan Kerrigan DE - St.Louis needs a WR badly but it would be a big reach to take any of the available ones here. I think DE is their second biggest need so I paired them with the best left on the board.

15. Miami: Mark Ingram RB - Too obvious to happen. Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams are free agents and Williams is getting up there. Ingram is the best RB this year so Miami restocks its backfield. Could take Newton if he falls.

16. Jacksonville: Aldon Smith DE- Some aren't sure of his position 3-4 OLB or 4-3 DE. I think he can stay on the line and add a pass rush that has struggled mightily despite numerous attempts to fix it. If Del Rio wasn't fighting for his job, I could see Newton here.

17. New England (from Oakland): Anthony Castonzo OT - Matt Light is old and a free agent. NE gets a replacement that many consider the best LT in the draft. Need help at WR, RB, DE and OLB so could go with any of those positions here as well.

18. San Diego: J.J. Watt DE 3-4 - They're lucky NE passed on this guy. They need an infusion of talent up front and he's one of the best this year.

19. New York Giants: Derek Sherrod OT- Depending on how the RB situation plays out they could select Ingram if he falls. O-line is decent but could use an upgrade.

20. Tampa Bay: Martez Wilson MLB - Rudd is a free agent and may not be retained. Wilson is supposedly the best ILB in the draft. They need some DE help after addressing DT last year but none of the remaining players would be a value here.

21. Kansas City: Nate Solder OT - At one time considered the best LT in the draft, he appears to be getting passed by Smith and Castonzo. KC needs a LT so they can move Albert to guard. Could also take Ayers as a rush OLB and have big needs for a NT if one of them moves up the boards.

22. Indianapolis: Corey Liuget DT - All the LT talent was scooped up leaving Indy to address an area that has seen many players come and go over the past few years and is in need of a major upgrade. Could also go with Mike Pouncey as the whole oline needs work.

23. Philadelphia: Jimmy Smith CB- Possibly my favorite player in this draft. I think Philly is getting a little steal landing him this late. With Hobbs retiring, they need someone across from Samuel. Could also address the oline here.

24. New Orleans: Muhammad Wilkerson DT - Thought about going RB with Bush likely leaving and Thomas coming off injury, but I think they can address that later. Wilkerson is rising up draft boards and fills a big need.

25. Seattle: Brandon Harris CB - As I mentioned earlier, had Newton landing here before I posted this. They need a QB of the future with Hasselbeck a FA and Whitehurst seemingly a bad acquisition. With Newton off the board, they could reach for a Mallett or Locker but I see them taking a corner who is moving up the boards to fill their second biggest need.

26. Baltimore: Torrey Smith WR - Wanted to go corner here but the only one left that makes sense is Aaron Williams and he may be a reach here. Smith has great speed, something Baltimore needs to add to it's receiving corps. He may slide to the second due to concerns about being a body catcher which may be due to small hands.

27. Atlanta: Titus Young WR - If Baltimore goes with a corner, then Atlanta takes Smith. They need weapons outside of Roddy White. Tony G is getting older and if you take White out of the game, Ryan doesn't really have anywhere else to go. Could take Baldwin here also. Young has great speed but is on the smaller side at only 5'10 around 170 lbs. Perfect for a #2 or slot role to take coverage away from White.

28. New England: Mikel LeShoure RB - NE needs a RB and Mikel is the only first rounder outside of Ingram. They could also get some pass rush help here with Justin Houstin or they could go with someone along the dline.

29. Chicago: Stefen Wisniewski OG/C - Chicago needs upgrades on the oline. Krutz is a free agent so if he departs, they need a replacement. Mike Pouncey is also an option.

30. New York Jets: DT Phil Taylor NT - Phil Taylor is the top rated NT and is a reach here but the Jets can't count on Kris Jenkins to stay healthy.

31. Pittsburgh: Gabe Carimi OL - Pittsburgh is another team at the end of the round that needs to fix it's oline. What they really need is a LT which Carimi might not be, but he will at worst be a great starting RT. Flozell Adams is old and not that good anymore. They could also take a corner like Aaron Williams here since Gay and Taylor are both FAs.

32. Green Bay: Justin Houston OLB3-4 - Another pass rusher to pair with Matthews will be a huge boost to the Super Bowl champs. Houston is hard to peg with some people moving him up and some moving him down. I think he'd be in a great spot with the Packers. They are again a team in need of offensive line assistance so they could be another landing spot for Pouncey.

February 27th, 2011, 1:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3