View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 29th, 2014, 11:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 If the Lions hadn't won one of their last four games 

If the Lions picked at #6, who would you want?
Prince Amukamara 48%  48%  [ 11 ]
Marcell Dareus 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Von Miller 48%  48%  [ 11 ]
Robert Quinn 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Other 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 23

If the Lions hadn't won one of their last four games 
RIP Killer

Post If the Lions hadn't won one of their last four games
they would be sitting at 5-11 and picking 6th (jumping the Browns who had a stronger SOS) - who would you want?

Let's assume Nick Fairley, Da'Quan Bowers and Patrick Peterson are all off the board (along with a QB and a WR).

Choices could include Prince Amukamara, Marcell Dareus, Von Miller, Robert Quinn, etc.. (there are a coule guys in this group I'm not sure are there at #6 but for sake of agrument lets say they are available).

February 28th, 2011, 4:38 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Post Re: If the Lions hadn't won one of their last four games
Prince

February 28th, 2011, 4:47 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

I said Miller, imo LB is biggest weakness. Plus, I'm not as high on Amukamara as others.

February 28th, 2011, 5:09 pm
QB Coach

I voted for Prince but it'd be a toss up between him and Miller. Both fill huge needs, however I wouldn't be surprised if Miller went #5 to Arizona.

February 28th, 2011, 6:32 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

It would easily be Prince Amukamara for me. I'm still not convinced that Von Miller will be a quality 4-3 OLB in the pros. But, I think he could become an elite 3-4 OLB like Ware or Harrison.

February 28th, 2011, 10:06 pm
RIP Killer

My choices, in order:
1. Von Miller
2. Prince Amukamara
3. Robert Quinn
4. Nobody, trade the pick....

I don't see the Lions having any interest in Dareus, for the simple fact that we are pretty well set at DT. Both Miller and Quinn could be gone by the 6th pick, but if Miller is there he should be the choice.

I realize I have been screaming that the Lions need to get cornerbacks, but Miller is a better value than Amukamara at the 6th pick, and fills a big need. He's my pick, no question.

March 1st, 2011, 10:30 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Von Miller.. guy is gonna be a stud.

NEVER GIVE UP!

March 2nd, 2011, 10:40 pm
NFL Team Captain

It was a hard decision for me between Miller and Quinn, but at the end of the day I think Quinn is going to be a beast. I like Miller and think he'll be a stud as well, but he might find himself in a slight learning curve. Could you imagine rotating Quinn, Avril and KVB with Suh, Williams and SLH? QB's would be shaking in their boots!

March 3rd, 2011, 12:06 am
Stadium Announcer

Prince all day and twice on Sunday. I think he can be the best player in this whole draft. I love the guys skills, attitude, work ethic and faith. No matter what religion you are or aren't I think the fact that he has such a strong faith tells us all we need to know about his football character. Whereas Quinn who looks like a physical freak got into some trouble with the NCAA. I still think he could be a great player but mike Williams and mo clarett had a year off, were great talents, and quickly washed out(I hate the fact that MW isnt a lion now though but good for him to work back into th league).

March 3rd, 2011, 12:27 am
RIP Killer

ZAndrews81 wrote:
Prince all day and twice on Sunday. I think he can be the best player in this whole draft. I love the guys skills, attitude, work ethic and faith. No matter what religion you are or aren't I think the fact that he has such a strong faith tells us all we need to know about his football character. Whereas Quinn who looks like a physical freak got into some trouble with the NCAA. I still think he could be a great player but mike Williams and mo clarett had a year off, were great talents, and quickly washed out(I hate the fact that MW isnt a lion now though but good for him to work back into th league).

First off, Quinn got into some trouble with the NCAA, but the NCAA is as hypocritical an organization as there is. They should be considered organized crime for the crap they pull. They exploit young men to turn a buck, but won't allow those players to even so much as have dinner paid for them by a booster. That's 100% absolute bullshit of the highest order, and I hope they all rot in Hell for their crimes.

<RANT OVER>

That said, across the board many scouts and coaches have said that Quinn is a hardworking, likeable kid who has admitted that he made a mistake and has kept himself as close to being in football shape as could be expected. To my knowledge, no team has identified him as a "character concern". Comparing Quinn to BMW and Clarett is a slap in the face to Quinn.
BMW was fine when he showed up for camp for the Lions. It was Moronelli who ruined it by demanding that Williams play at an unrealistic weight. The weight he's playing at now for Seattle is what Mike wanted to play at here, but dumbass Rod said he needed to play at 219 lbs. He punished him for not getting down to that target weight. After that, Mike simply shut down mentally and followed that shut down physically by not caring any longer. I'm not making excuses for BMW, but facts are facts. Rod Marinelli was an idiot who was more concerned about weight than production. It's why Shaun Rogers got traded....not production, weight. Clarett was a lost cause from day one, and everyone but Shanahan knew it. There were numerous reports out of OSU about his thug like mentality and his lack of work ethic. He had a high opinion of himself and expected everyone else to have that same opinion. He would have bombed in the NFL no matter what, year off or not.

As far as Prince goes, I like his ability as well and think he can be a successful NFL corner. I don't, however, think he will be an elite cover corner. I think he will be good to very good, but certainly not the next Asomugha or Revis.

March 3rd, 2011, 10:04 am
RIP Killer

ZAndrews81 wrote:
No matter what religion you are or aren't I think the fact that he has such a strong faith tells us all we need to know about his football character.

Not sure how faith translates to football character, in fact I'm quite sure it doesn't. There have been a few players with such strong faith they found it impossible to play on Sundays since it is the Lords day - how is that for football character?

So if someone has great faith, that means they are a dedicated and hard working football player? Really? Cause there are tons of examples of this not being the case. I hope to "you know who" that the Lions don't have this as part of their equation when evaluating football talent.

March 3rd, 2011, 11:30 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Pablo wrote:
ZAndrews81 wrote:
No matter what religion you are or aren't I think the fact that he has such a strong faith tells us all we need to know about his football character.

Not sure how faith translates to football character, in fact I'm quite sure it doesn't. There have been a few players with such strong faith they found it impossible to play on Sundays since it is the Lords day - how is that for football character?

So if someone has great faith, that means they are a dedicated and hard working football player? Really? Cause there are tons of examples of this not being the case. I hope to "you know who" that the Lions don't have this as part of their equation when evaluating football talent.

I think that while you make pretty good observations, mostly true, I would say some of the most standput character guys have had strong religous beliefs. Doesn't make them better football players, but sets a good mentality. That being said... a RB on the 49ers team jetted from the NFL for religious reasons.

March 3rd, 2011, 11:45 am
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
I would say some of the most standput character guys have had strong religous beliefs.

Absolutely agree with this as well, no doubt. I just don't see it as a factor in player evaluation either way.

As for the 49er guy, that is what I was referring to (and there are a couple more examples as well) - that said, that is a rare exception

March 3rd, 2011, 12:12 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Pablo wrote:
steensn wrote:
I would say some of the most standput character guys have had strong religous beliefs.

Absolutely agree with this as well, no doubt. I just don't see it as a factor in player evaluation either way.

As for the 49er guy, that is what I was referring to (and there are a couple more examples as well) - that said, that is a rare exception

I think it is more of a personal opinion than anything else. For every great religious player you find oyu can find just as great character/football guy that has none or little.

March 3rd, 2011, 12:16 pm
Stadium Announcer

I'm not saying you need faith to be a good character guy but the interviews with prince I've seen has shown good character and he has a strong faith which is what he attributes it to. As far as the rb from sf who quit for religious reasons not too long after he left he got in trouble on gun charges so I don't think he is a very good example. I see football character as an important trait. Guys like TO Ocho Moss do nothing but poison a locker room and that's why none of those guys have won championships. Besides Ocho who just has played on bad teams. Quinn may be a great player and I would be more than happy with him but if him and prince are on the board I don't pass up on prince.

March 4th, 2011, 3:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next