View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 25th, 2014, 2:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 SOLD 
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Post SOLD
Not sure if this deserves its own thread or not but for everyone's info it looks like the team has finally been sold. Not sure of the waiting period or what the future holds for the Pistons but with new ownership I would hope that this team gets new blood and direction. Another question might be... Are they going to stay in Detroit? Here's an article on the sale:

http://www.freep.com/article/20110210/C ... |FRONTPAGE

February 11th, 2011, 12:47 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: SOLD
I couldn't see why they would move. Detroit is a good city to have these franchises in. They aren't going to do better in another city, they just need to start winning again.

February 11th, 2011, 12:50 pm
RIP Killer

I also don't see him moving the club. He lives in LA, there are already 2 teams there and he was raised in Michigan and obviously built his business knowledge at the same business school as yours truly. Go State! Although he does have a slightly bigger bank account...

February 11th, 2011, 1:05 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I think they will stay in the Detroit area too with this guy buying the team, but there were some rumblings before the sale that a potential owner might buy the team and move it. I hope he puts a fire under Dumars to get it together or else, he has really slipped the last few years in his role of GM and the product on the court is enough proof that they are a below average team right now.

February 11th, 2011, 1:39 pm
NFL Team Captain

Does Martin Mayhew know anything about basketball?

I love Joey D but I think time to run. The entire FO needs to be sent packing.
Too many bad drafts, trades and coaching choices.

How much to get Tom Izzo to the Palace?

LeBron, Wade or Bosh might be available next year. Miami is a real train wreck.
Crying in the locker room :roll: Give me a freaking break!

Crying, whining, and bitching. I'm sick and tired of millionares and billionares complaining about their bank accounts. Half of the players will be broke before their careers are over. Alot of them should be paying us to play.

What can you say about the owners? Most of them did not get rich by being stupid but business savvy doesn't mean you can run a professional sports club.
The onlyone I can think of that threw cash at a team and won is Stienbrenner.

Sorry that all my examples are football teams while I'm on a basketball thread but I don't pay much attention to out of state B-Ball teams.

Look at Jerry Jones, his billion+ stadium didn't make Romo any more accurate.
The best thing Dan Snyder did was that fairly hot jersey commercial.

Al Davis? Enough said!

All sports owners should take the Wonderswallow test.

I'm just praying that the Piston's new owner passes that test or is a hands off owner

Hire a FO that knows what they are doing and sit back and get richer.

March 7th, 2011, 5:02 pm
Veteran General Manager

Interesting article about the new owner and maybe an interesting side note, " Is Dumars History?"

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=txpistonssale

Quote:
Coach John Kuester, who’s had a rough second season, did not speculate about his future, saying only that he was happy for the Davidson family and “excited Mr. Gores will bring a lot of excitement to the organization.”

Ben Wallace(notes), one of the key players during Detroit’s run to the 2004 NBA title, echoed his coach.

“I’m happy (Karen Davidson) was able to sell the team and happy there’s a new owner who loves Detroit and loves Detroit basketball,” Wallace said. “He’s going to try to change this around and get us back on track.”

Quote:
General Manager Joe Dumars did not comment and Pistons media relations staff said Gores would not be attending Friday’s game.

April 9th, 2011, 8:49 am
QB Coach

BillySims wrote:
Interesting article about the new owner and maybe an interesting side note, " Is Dumars History?"

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=txpistonssale

Quote:
Coach John Kuester, who’s had a rough second season, did not speculate about his future, saying only that he was happy for the Davidson family and “excited Mr. Gores will bring a lot of excitement to the organization.”

Ben Wallace(notes), one of the key players during Detroit’s run to the 2004 NBA title, echoed his coach.

“I’m happy (Karen Davidson) was able to sell the team and happy there’s a new owner who loves Detroit and loves Detroit basketball,” Wallace said. “He’s going to try to change this around and get us back on track.”

Quote:
General Manager Joe Dumars did not comment and Pistons media relations staff said Gores would not be attending Friday’s game.

He probably should be. He really hasn't done much of anything right in a long time. He caught lightning in a bottle with the championship team, but his free agent moves, drafts, etc. have all been average at best.

http://www.11points.com/Books/11_Things ... _Do_Anyway

LET'S GO DUKE!

If you don't like gay marriage, don't get one.

April 9th, 2011, 7:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]