View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 30th, 2014, 2:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Julio Jones 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Julio Jones
steensn wrote:
Prince a no at #13?

That would be awesome, I just don't see him slipping past the Texans if he even falls that far.

March 7th, 2011, 3:03 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Ah, I read it wrong. I thought you meant he wasn't WORTH 13, you meant he wouldn't be there. My bad... I'll go back in my corner.

March 7th, 2011, 3:19 pm
RIP Killer

No worries. Basically my point is I have 9 blue chip prospects this year...

CB Peterson & Amukamara
DT Fairley & Dareus
LB Von Miller
DE Bower & Quinn
WR Green & Jones

If any of them are there at #13, the Lions have to take them rather than reaching for a position of need.

In most scenarios I've run, Jones is the only top prospect available at 13. Going off BPA, the Lions should take him if they can't trade down.

March 7th, 2011, 3:28 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I always agree with BPA in 99% of the cases. I give leniency to selecting one of the top blue chip prospects where you are basically splitting hairs on talent, ie a top blue chip DE vs a top blue chip QB prospect. If they are potentially something special then passing on a slightely higher graded QB which isn't a need for a need at DE makes sense. A 95 ranking vs a 94 ranking is a toss up IMO because of % error. When you compare someone slipping like Jones possibly who is a highly ranked WR and blue chip prospect for some reason you get him over a guy that isn't in that "special" catagory.

I would preffer trade down, but I agree with taking jones if none of those guys are there.

March 7th, 2011, 3:35 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Pablo wrote:

CB Peterson & Amukamara
DT Fairley & Dareus
LB Von Miller
DE Bower & Quinn
WR Green & Jones

If any of them are there at #13, the Lions have to take them rather than reaching for a position of need.

In most scenarios I've run, Jones is the only top prospect available at 13. Going off BPA, the Lions should take him if they can't trade down.

So, if you take your top 9, then add Gabbert, Newton and Cam Jordan or the top O-tackle, the Lions will be picking from: J.J. Watt, Aldon Smith or Ingram. This being based on current talent board ratings showing there values floating in that vicinity. I'd have no problem with the Lions adding either of those DE's to our defense.

March 7th, 2011, 7:37 pm
RIP Killer

liontrax wrote:
Pablo wrote:

CB Peterson & Amukamara
DT Fairley & Dareus
LB Von Miller
DE Bower & Quinn
WR Green & Jones

So, if you take your top 9, then add Gabbert, Newton and Cam Jordan or the top O-tackle, the Lions will be picking from: J.J. Watt, Aldon Smith or Ingram. This being based on current talent board ratings showing there values floating in that vicinity. I'd have no problem with the Lions adding either of those DE's to our defense.

In that scenario I personally have Ingram rated the highest of the three. That is just my ranking, I have both Watt aand Smith as tweeners which I tend to lower the grade and see them more as 3-4 guys. Watt is a DE/DT tweener, I see him more of a 3-4 DE than anything else I also rank him much lower than pretty much everyone else on this board. As for Smith, I see him more of an OLB in a 3-4 as well.

I don't have any QBs or OTs rated in my top 15 so I'd certainly love to see as many of them go in the top 12 as possible to push a top nine talent down, I'd love to see a Quinn or Amukamara fall to us - but I'd also take Jones or any of the other top 9 including the DT's which we really don't need at all.

If Cam Jordan is available then things start to get tricky for me so lets not go there right now.

March 7th, 2011, 7:58 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4