View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 26th, 2014, 8:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 OLB in round 2... 
NFL Team Captain

Post Re: OLB in round 2...
liontrax wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but I'm feeling totally underwhelmed by this years LB class. Outside of Miller, I don't see another backer that warrants 1st round consideration, and not many that I would want the Lions to spend #44 on either. I'm not saying there aren't some talented kids out there that could help our defense, just not any that I feel we should spend one of our first two picks on. In the 3rd round is when things should start to get interesting. If the Lions can get 1 to 2 backers in the middle rounds to shore up what I think was our biggest weakness last season, it would go a long way towards shoring up the back seven. This is just my take. Any perspectives?

I agree, however if Bruce Carter had stayed healthy, I think he would have pushed Miller for the top OLB spot. I think Ayers is over hyped.

I'm hoping we land Carter in the 2nd and his knee fully heals. Actually, I'd love to wait until the 3rd to pull the trigger, I just don't think he'll make it that far.

March 18th, 2011, 8:38 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

TNLionsFanatic wrote:
liontrax wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but I'm feeling totally underwhelmed by this years LB class. Outside of Miller, I don't see another backer that warrants 1st round consideration, and not many that I would want the Lions to spend #44 on either. I'm not saying there aren't some talented kids out there that could help our defense, just not any that I feel we should spend one of our first two picks on. In the 3rd round is when things should start to get interesting. If the Lions can get 1 to 2 backers in the middle rounds to shore up what I think was our biggest weakness last season, it would go a long way towards shoring up the back seven. This is just my take. Any perspectives?

I agree, however if Bruce Carter had stayed healthy, I think he would have pushed Miller for the top OLB spot. I think Ayers is over hyped.

I'm hoping we land Carter in the 2nd and his knee fully heals. Actually, I'd love to wait until the 3rd to pull the trigger, I just don't think he'll make it that far.

Have to agree, Carter is an intriguing prospect. I doubt he will last til the 3rd as well. If the Lions are convinced he makes full recovery, it would be worth the gamble at 44.

March 19th, 2011, 8:02 am
Team MVP

liontrax wrote:
TNLionsFanatic wrote:
liontrax wrote:

I agree. He did visit the Lions, so maybe theyre thinking the same thing.

Have to agree, Carter is an intriguing prospect. I doubt he will last til the 3rd as well. If the Lions are convinced he makes full recovery, it would be worth the gamble at 44.

I agree, and hopefully the Lions are thinking the same since they brought him in for a visit? Hopefully.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

Last edited by kdsberman on March 20th, 2011, 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 19th, 2011, 12:49 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

liontrax wrote:

I understand what you're saying, but LBs typically aren't taken in the 1st round, unless they're an OLB/DE hybrid going to a 3-4 team. For instance, there were 2 LBs taken in the 1st round last year, 4 in 2009, and 3 in 2008. It just doesn't seem to be a position that's valued as much as QB, RB, OT, DE, or CB IMO. Because of that, a LB with 1st round talent could easily fall to the 2nd round and quality players could still be had at the position into the 3rd and 4th rounds.

March 19th, 2011, 5:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4