View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2014, 2:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Stunning, BOLD, Prediction about Von Miller. 
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Post Re: Stunning, BOLD, Prediction about Von Miller.
liontrax, I'm glad you liked that, but the Bengals seem to be one of those teams that don't give a damn about character. They'll sign or draft anyone.

March 19th, 2011, 6:51 pm
RIP Killer

Von Miller won't fall one spot lower than he would have before, and I don't think ANY teams will drop him. His joining the lawsuit doesn't mean squat. In the end, teams still want talent on their roster so that they can win games, and Von Miller has it. Comparing him to James Laurinaitis and Rey Maualuga is like comparing Peyton Manning to Jimmy Clausen. Those players were NOT thought of as top ten talent, but Miller and Manning are/were.

Miller joining this lawsuit is NOT him suing his potential employer. The NFL is NOT a players employer, a TEAM is a players employer. He is not suing a team, he is suing the entity that they happen to be a part of. There may be an owner or two who won't like it, but in the end their coaches and GM will tell the owners to let it go and let them draft this guy because he's a football player extraordinaire.

March 19th, 2011, 10:16 pm
Div 1 - Starter

yeah no kidding, i guarantee one thing, if he somehow falls to 13, there is no chance he is on the board at 14

March 22nd, 2011, 11:40 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Quote:
Mayock: Von Miller’s antitrust involvement won’t hurt draft stock
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... aft-stock/

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 23, 2011, 4:46 PM EDT
Talent trumps everything.

Sure, some owners probably don’t love the presence of Texas A&M linebacker Von Miller’s name on the antitrust lawsuit against the NFL. But the owners aren’t the ones making the final decisions on draft day, and they understand how the labor game is played.

NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock confirmed on PFT Live that Miller’s draft stock shouldn’t be hurt whatsoever by his involvement in the antitrust case. Miller should be a top-ten pick.

“Anybody I’ve talked to could care less,” Mayock said.

March 24th, 2011, 2:31 pm
RIP Killer

Miller is a beast. Mayhew should be having wet dreams thinking about this guy.

If there was any chance of him slipping such that Mayhew didn't have to give up a 2nd rounder this year, I can't imagine him NOT trading up to get him.

March 24th, 2011, 3:14 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

If Von Miller fell to the 2nd round, we would've been stupid for not taking him at 13

March 24th, 2011, 7:42 pm
RIP Killer

Killwill25 wrote:
If Von Miller fell to the 2nd round, we would've been stupid for not taking him at 13

I think you misunderstood what was said. He said if the Lions could move up and get him without having to give up this years second rounder they should do it. As in, not having to give up pick #44 as part of the trade up.

March 24th, 2011, 10:10 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

m2karateman wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:

I think you misunderstood what was said. He said if the Lions could move up and get him without having to give up this years second rounder they should do it. As in, not having to give up pick #44 as part of the trade up.

ok, thanks for clarifying.

March 25th, 2011, 2:11 am
Color Commentator - John Madden

With a number of teams running 3-4 defenses, OLB's who can rush the passer have become like gold. There are enough teams that would look past his lawsuit if he can produce double digit sacks off the edge.

March 25th, 2011, 12:57 pm
RIP Killer

I think any 3-4 team would give up a first and a second for a Clay Matthews clone. The Lions just have too many holes and need a starter out of the 2nd round.

Obvious holes are CB, LB, WR, OG, and even DE (with no CBA, we can't count on Avril)

March 25th, 2011, 1:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2