View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 19th, 2014, 5:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 GAME DAY THREAD: Packers 
RIP Killer

Post GAME DAY THREAD: Packers
Post any thoughts about the game here. Great play, bad play - post your thoughts during and after the Lions game against the Packers here.

Remember, today's game has been moved back to the late afternoon game.

:idea: Image :idea:

December 12th, 2004, 11:46 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Nice start, first quarter and 40 seconds anyway as Jones runs it in from 24 yards out to take a 10-0 lead. Green Bay has yet to get a first down. But that can change as the Packers have their winds at their back for the second quarter.

BTW - Bears fall to 5-8 after a loss to the Jags. The Saints win over the Cowgirls puts them both at 5-8. The Giants get killed by the Ravens and fall to 5-8.The Vikes loss drops them to 7-6, while the Seahawks improved to 7-6.

A Lions win today would be huge.

December 12th, 2004, 6:08 pm
Profile WWW
Cheerleader

man Detroitlions.com is like a bi-polar site, the mood changes are damn drastic. The Lions are playing well today, and Joey is doing well considering the conditions and how Farve is playing is playing about the same. KJ having another great game.

December 12th, 2004, 6:30 pm
Cheerleader

December 12th, 2004, 6:36 pm
All State

Look at Joey run!

that's 2 nice runs by harrington. both great decisions going into the wind. jones looks great today. if the packers can't figure a way out to stop him they are in serious trouble. 115 yards already.

come on hanson. into the wind. good! 13-0 lions lead.

December 12th, 2004, 6:42 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Lions 13-0 at the half. Should have been 20-0 but Keith Smith dropped a sure touchdown INT a play after Bly dropped one. Arrrgggh.

Kevin Jones 118 yards rushing
Packers 78 yards total

The Lions defense is shutting down the Pack. Great job.

Let's not have a repeat of the Vikings game. Keep it up Lions... WOW!

December 12th, 2004, 6:53 pm
Profile WWW
Cheerleader

I'm nervous, our recivers have been having trouble catching balls at home, but in weather like this I'm not so sure passing will be the best idea, maybe 70/30 run/pass. Lets go boys!

December 12th, 2004, 7:48 pm
All State

3 quarters in the books and the lions clinging to a slim lead. this game looks more and more like the vikings game but at least the lions are showing some life in the 2nd half.

until harrington threw the pick. or was it. looks like it might get overturned. thank you replay.

December 12th, 2004, 7:48 pm
Profile WWW
Cheerleader

good defense boys, but what a punt that was!

December 12th, 2004, 7:58 pm
Cheerleader

sigh, i just don't know what to do with Joey, but he's the best we've got.

December 12th, 2004, 8:04 pm
RIP Killer

Joey just hit Sledge - drop. On a critical third down he threw a perfect strike into the wind to Tai Streets - drop. These guys have got to make those damn catches.

December 12th, 2004, 8:26 pm
Profile WWW
Cheerleader

Good game, Joey is finally perfecting his signature "throw it at the recivers feet" play. I think it's called brown dirt left. The recivers also love the "inside drop the ball slant" I don't know which one is better! We just need to throw the ball poorly for the next few seasons to lull the other teams into a fall sense of security then attack when we have them backed into a corner.

December 12th, 2004, 8:48 pm
RIP Killer

Uggggh! What a devastating loss. Same old Lions...

December 12th, 2004, 8:51 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

I was actually impressed with Joey today.

Wow, now some people are going to think I am crazy.

His decision making was right on nearly all his throws. He delivered them properly and hit his receivers many times.

Alexander dropped a few passes, Schlesinger dropped a pass, Roy dropped a few passes (again), Streets dropped a few not to mention one that hit him square in the numbers, and Hakim couldn't do anything but drop passes.

Harrington didn't throw the stupid passes into coverage, he took a couple shots downfield, even ran the ball a few times, and had a nice spiral on the ball.

His stats are going to reflect what happened in the game: the receivers sucked. No one caught the ball due to the weather, or maybe due to the fact that Detroit's receivers can't catch.

Joey wasn't the reason we lost. I didn't think he played poorly today. It was the receivers, the weather, and the classic second half meltdown this team has on the road. We nearly did it in Chicago, we did it in Minnesota, and now we did it in Green Bay.

Don't blame the offensive coordinator either, or Mooch. We played well, but missed interceptions (Smith), failing to convert in the red-zone (that HAS to be fixed), the weather, and the dropped passes all added to a loss this week.

The season isn't over. We CAN beat Minnesota next week. Then we are going to beat Chicago the following week, and possibly roll into Tennessee and beat them. I didn't think we could beat Green Bay, but there is a chance this team can go 8-8, and make the playoffs.

On a side note: Kevin Jones should win rookie of the year.

December 12th, 2004, 9:57 pm
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

I agree with Brian.....on some levels. I think that Joey played well enough to get them the win today, and I will explain: Late in the game, Joey put the ball where it needed to be and Schlesinger dropped the ball. Not that catching the ball was going to be easy today, but when they needed it, he put it where it had to be. Same thing on third and long. Streets dropped it. Those are the times the team needed a good ball and Joey got it there.

As far as the coaching in the second half, it stunk. Too predictable. I think that it's pretty obvious that G.B. made some adjustments during the half. Unfortunately the Detroit coaching staff made no changes to counter them during the second half. This has been a problem all season. They have come out in the second half of some games and not made any changes. Not that they need to abandon what they did in the first half but make subtle changes on some plays to counter the changes that the D makes. How many times did they run up the middle on first down? Too many for my taste. A little play action every other first down would be nice, especially after they gouged them in the first half. They still need red-zone touchdowns.

December 13th, 2004, 5:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next