View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 1st, 2014, 8:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Da'Quan Bowers or Patrick Peterson 
League MVP

Post Re: Da'Quan Bowers or Patrick Peterson
i dont know if he has the physical presence of williams but he is a great player who plays his position perfectly.

December 19th, 2010, 9:09 pm
RIP Killer

Sitting at the fifth pick, I think the Lions are still in the running for Peterson, but not for Bowers. If both fall, I would prefer the Lions go with Peterson. The Lions have been able to apply pressure this season, but the coverage has been the Achille's Heel. It's time for the Lions to address the secondary in the first round. There are three pretty good CBs that will be available in the first round, with Peterson and Amukamara going top ten. If Peterson is off the board, I'd be happy with the Lions taking Prince A. at #5, but ideally they trade down about three spots to someone who is looking to nab a QB ahead of the plethora of teams picking high that are looking for a future signal caller (49ers, Buffalo, Cinci, Carolina, Arizona, Tennessee, and possibly Denver and Seattle). Pick up an extra third rounder, or even a second rounder in 2012 to move down and save a couple bucks and still get the player you are targetting. New England seems to be capable of doing it every damn draft. This year they have additional picks in the first three rounds. I hate those guys for that......

December 21st, 2010, 12:48 pm
RIP Killer

Bowers seems to be in a free fall right about now. Let's change up this question, what if the unthinkable happens and Bowers and Amukamara are both there at 13?

April 4th, 2011, 5:09 pm
Profile WWW
NFL Team Captain

Pablo wrote:
Bowers seems to be in a free fall right about now. Let's change up this question, what if the unthinkable happens and Bowers and Amukamara are both there at 13?

Wow. I would have to say.... Bowers. I think he brings more to the table at the end of the day. I like Prince, but I don't think he is an elite CB, like a Revis or Nnamdi. I do however think that pairing Bowers with Suh, Williams and KVB would drive Oline Coordinators crazy.

April 4th, 2011, 5:59 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Take the corner. There's always the chance he could become a #1. Bowers is 4th on my list of DE's, so it's a no-brainer.

April 4th, 2011, 6:00 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

This would have been a dream scenario in december, but now I'm not so sure. It appears Bowers isn't healthy, but he'll have time to get healthy before the season and will be a steal. However, if the teams at the top of the draft don't think the same way, you have to wonder why he's falling the way he is. Gene Smith from the Jags said recently, "trust the tape." Bowers has some real bad tape, but he has some amazing tape too. If these two are both available at 13, conventional wisdom would say to take Prince because it fills a position of need. Bowers might be the BPA though, and Mayhew loves to take the BPA. So, what's the call? Prince...but its a tough call.

April 4th, 2011, 7:01 pm
Team MVP

Very tough call, but I'd have to say Prince. Our D-line generates a pretty good pass rush as is, but we need help in our back 7. Not saying we couldnt improve our front 4, I just think taking a top CB would have a bigger impact.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 4th, 2011, 7:52 pm
Afghan Allstar

I have to agree. It would be a tough call. I'm a huge advocate for taking the best player available...but corner is such a position of need that i think Prince would be the best player for this team.

April 4th, 2011, 9:10 pm
Hall of Fame Player

TNLionsFanatic wrote:
Pablo wrote:

Wow. I would have to say.... Bowers. I think he brings more to the table at the end of the day. I like Prince, but I don't think he is an elite CB, like a Revis or Nnamdi. I do however think that pairing Bowers with Suh, Williams and KVB would drive Oline Coordinators crazy.

Why do so many people forget about Avril? Just asking. He has progressed exactly as most teams would love a project DE to progress. And has become a pretty good DE in his own right.

April 4th, 2011, 9:59 pm
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
TNLionsFanatic wrote:
Pablo wrote:

Why do so many people forget about Avril? Just asking. He has progressed exactly as most teams would love a project DE to progress. And has become a pretty good DE in his own right.

Billy, I don't think fans have forgotten about Avril, but there is also a worry about KVB given his age and the injuries he suffered last season.

April 4th, 2011, 11:37 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Pablo wrote:
Billy, I don't think fans have forgotten about Avril, but there is also a worry about KVB given his age and the injuries he suffered last season.

Very true....and let's remember that Avril isn't strong against the run. And he has a tendency to get injured. If the Lions take a DE in the first round, it will be because they are simply following their draft strategy of taking the best player for the team, not because they see the position as an immediate need.

Between Bowers and Prince, I'd say the Lions should take Prince. Reason? Prince has progressed every year he played on a smooth level. Bowers had a meteoric rise last season from his previous year, and that scares me. Top that off with his being slow to heal from his surgery and there's another red flag. The Lions have a greater need at CB than at DE, so that should be filtered into the equation. Right now, due to Bowers being inconsistent and given his injury questions, I have him ranked below Amukamara, as well as being ranked below the 13th spot (my big board sees him at #15). I'd consider him a reach. I'd prefer the Lions took Tyron Smith over Bowers.....and you know I'm not in favor of the Lions picking an OT.

April 5th, 2011, 2:48 pm
RIP Killer

Side note with Prince, if he doesn't turn out to be a corner he'd be one heck of a FS. I don't think you can lose with him...

April 5th, 2011, 4:37 pm
Hall of Fame Player

steensn wrote:
Side note with Prince, if he doesn't turn out to be a corner he'd be one heck of a FS. I don't think you can lose with him...

I understand why people think he could switch to Safety. But, WHY? Prince has been compared to a young Darrell Revis. Now, I don't know about anyone else. But, I really like the idea of that type CB in Honolulu Blue if he is even half of a Revis.

April 5th, 2011, 9:39 pm
NFL Veteran

Why so down on Bowers?

He was no. 1 or 2 at seasons end. The knocks I've read are, surgery for a torn meniscus. And poor workout.

Someone help me out here, because that isn't enough for a blue chip prospect to free fall almost 20 spots.

I've always been a proponent of game tape, and I don't ride the stock up, stock down crap that comes from post season games and running around half naked in drills and combines.

He was the most dominant DE in college football last season. Did he hit his head and suffers from football IQ amnesia or something? Did he tear his MCL, ACL, PCL, QCL, ZCL 3CL or whatever necessary ligament is needed to hold your leg together? It's meniscus. A no biggie compared to ligaments.

And he just had surgery? And we expect him to work out well 3 to 4 months out? Sorry if I don't expect him to recover with HGH treatment like speed.

I'd be happy to take Bowers at 13, unless there's something I'm missing.

I'd be happy to take Amakamura too, but I think Bowers is the better player. I'm still a BPA guy.

April 5th, 2011, 10:30 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
steensn wrote:

I understand why people think he could switch to Safety. But, WHY? Prince has been compared to a young Darrell Revis. Now, I don't know about anyone else. But, I really like the idea of that type CB in Honolulu Blue if he is even half of a Revis.

Oh, no doubt, I agree totally. I want him as a CB, not S. But if those who say he can't play CB are right he certainly could play safety...

April 6th, 2011, 10:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next