View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 31st, 2014, 11:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Your Lions Big Board at 13 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Your Lions Big Board at 13
Pouncey visited Dallas yesterday, here is what he said on Twitter afterwards...

"Headed back to pittsburgh.... would be shocked if i wasnt in a dallas uniform nxt year! The draft is april 28th so we will see...."

April 7th, 2011, 9:32 am
Profile WWW
Color Commentator - John Madden

Smoke screen... unless they trade down.

April 7th, 2011, 9:35 am
RIP Killer

Quote:
1. prince amukamara
2. akeem ayers
3. julio jones
4. da'quan bowers
5. mike pouncey

Akeem Ayers? Really? He's barely a first rounder and you'd have the Lions taking him if Amukamara is off the board at #13? Just......wow.

April 7th, 2011, 12:17 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

m2karateman wrote:
Quote:
1. prince amukamara
2. akeem ayers
3. julio jones
4. da'quan bowers
5. mike pouncey

Akeem Ayers? Really? He's barely a first rounder and you'd have the Lions taking him if Amukamara is off the board at #13? Just......wow.

Yes, Akeem Ayers... watched him play Texas this past season and the kid was ALL over the field making plays.

NEVER GIVE UP!

April 7th, 2011, 3:44 pm
Pop Warner Rookie

1) Prince Amukamara - A perfect fit for the Lions
2) Da'Quan Bowers - Knee injury or not he has the potential to be a stud, even if it takes a year
3) Cameron Jordan - multi-positional player that would fit our system better than you think
4) Aldon Smith - Huge Ceiling on a young player
5) Julio Jones - would look nice next to CJ but would be a Luxury

These are the Best players available based on your list of available. i really think it would be one of my 1st 4 guys and if Julio is there they may use his value to trade out of the pick.

April 7th, 2011, 9:26 pm
National Champion

1. J.J. Watt
2. Prince Amukamara
3. Ryan Kerrigan
4. Tyron Smith
5. Aldon Smith

April 7th, 2011, 11:11 pm

If Prince is'nt there, I'd love to trade down

Prince
JJ
Julio
Tyron(We could prolly get Matthews or Foster in the 2nd round)
Pouncey

for rd 2

Foster
Matthews
Brandon Harris
Curtis Brown
Jimmy Smith
Mikel LeShoure(would love this pick)
Aaron williams

If we spent only two picks on Offense, I hope it's Leshoure and Titus Young

April 8th, 2011, 1:47 am
RIP Killer

I'm always a fan of trading down. Honestly, someone is going to get a steal in Heyward in the late 1st early second round. If we want to get a DL, why not take the chance and get someone with top 10 talent that had a bad senior season?

April 8th, 2011, 10:22 am

Let's take Jake Locker while we're at it... Just busting your "Nuts" Steen. Doesn't surprise me you want the Lions to take a shot on an OSU cheater... I mean player. :twisted:

April 8th, 2011, 12:45 pm
RIP Killer

It's ok you don't even know what you are talking about... I forgive you...

I can only speak to players I've watched play and I obviously have seen OSU players just like many here know the UM players very well. There are likely some UM players that are undervalued and good prospects to take a flier on. I thought Breaston was one of those and noted that before the draft.

Heyward was a top 15 pick if he went out last year, had a sub par senior season, and the talent at DL this year is incredible so he has slid. To get him late first is a steal by anyones imagination. JL was another one that fell after a poor senior season but has played like a 1st rounder he would have been had he came out after his junior year.

In other years I was blown away when OSU players were drafted so high and called that pick out (Carpinter and Ginn). When Pryor comes out, I do not want the Lions to pick him up unless he is a 3rd rounder or later, though he WILL be taken first round by someone. Move him to WR and you got another CJ though...

This year, my opinion is that Heyward and Chekwa from OSU are my steals of the draft from player I actually know about. I purposefully watched Prince play and liked what I saw asn well as Bruce Carter... for a very short time. I watched Netwon play and am not impressed in NFL terms. I watched Clay a bit from Wisc, don't like him in the NFL too early. Other than that I have to be honest in the fact I know little about the rest of the draft prospects and that is why I can't speak for them. So you're gonna get more feedback from me on OSU and Big Ten players.

April 8th, 2011, 2:14 pm

I don't hate Cam Heyward as a prospect. I think he's probably the 8th best DE on the board, but is still a first round talent. All the projections I've seen have him in the 28-34 range. Not that he doesn't have the talent to be taken higher.

I think more then anything, his tale is cautionary, like many guys who have returned for their senior year. The more I watch draft stocks of players, you should leave early and make your money before you take a hit. There's something to be said for staying in school, but if you have a high grade, get out when you can.

April 8th, 2011, 3:39 pm
RIP Killer

Yeah, made a career decisions that might have backfired... but that doesn't mean from our standpoint it wouldn't be worth looking at the options we may have to get him. The DL talent in this draft is sick so we could see some great talent in the 2nd fall to us. All I'm saying is someone is going to get a steal and it MIGHT be totallay worth a drop from mid 1st to late 1st for a 2nd because we could get incredible talent still at DL late 1st. I don't think anyone would be too upset to gain an extra 2nd and maybe even a 3rd to trade back while still picking up killer DL talent we kinda still need a bit. We could then shotgun the 2nds and 3rd for CB's and safeties liek NO did.

April 8th, 2011, 3:52 pm

I would love to move down and pick up an extra 2nd. I think if we were able to pick someone like Brandon Harris or Jimmy Smith in the end of the 1st and in the second grab Martez Wilson and Mason Foster in the 2nd. I would be a very happy man.

April 8th, 2011, 3:58 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

First off I agree those 8 players will be gone by #13.

Second from what I've read I wouldn't list these guys among the top 13 in the draft: Anthony Castano, Nate Solder, Ryan Kerrigan, Jimmy Smith, Brandon Harris, Akeem Ayers, Mark Ingram

1) CB Prince Amukamara - if he's there he has to be the pick; if teams opt for DL he might be
2) OT Tyron Smith - one more year in college and his a top 10 pick
3) DE Da'Quan Bowers - if he slides to #13 he will easily be the best player on the board
4) DL J.J. Watt / Aldon Smith / Corey Liuget / Cameron Jordan - I'm not sure which one is the best one left
5) WR Julio Jones - if he's there I'm trading the pick

April 9th, 2011, 1:00 am

Leo wrote:
First off I agree those 8 players will be gone by #13.

Second from what I've read I wouldn't list these guys among the top 13 in the draft: Anthony Castano, Nate Solder, Ryan Kerrigan, Jimmy Smith, Brandon Harris, Akeem Ayers, Mark Ingram

1) CB Prince Amukamara - if he's there he has to be the pick; if teams opt for DL he might be
2) OT Tyron Smith - one more year in college and his a top 10 pick
3) DE Da'Quan Bowers - if he slides to #13 he will easily be the best player on the board
4) DL J.J. Watt / Aldon Smith / Corey Liuget / Cameron Jordan - I'm not sure which one is the best one left
5) WR Julio Jones - if he's there I'm trading the pick

Ya, I remember when the season ended, Dequa Bowers seemed like a no brainer #1 pick for Car but now it there is a pretty good chance hemay be there for us. Would be an uber steal if that happened

April 9th, 2011, 3:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next