View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 10:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Patrick Peterson 
Pop Warner Rookie

Post Re: Patrick Peterson
I guess I wasn't being clear enough....

I was refering to their 1st round pick ONLY but didn't clairify. I also think beacuse of the inability to trade players and the only having 6 draft picks this year will prevent us from making that move.

I also realise Best was a trade up but I think that was in part due to the new draft format allowing a day inbetween Round 1 and 2/3. you will see the same type of thing this year I'm sure.

With Bruce Carter I absolutly think he has value at #44, the more I learn about him the more I like. He was a top 10-15 talent before the injury and while its had to predict if he will be fully recovered by this season, I think he could be a building block for the future.

April 8th, 2011, 4:09 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

The problem with Carter is that he is a LB that is impressive because of his physical attributes and a knee injury isn't a plus for a player like that. I've watched a lot of N. Carolina games the past few seasons and he isn't a LB that makes plays because he reads and diagnoses plays. If he loses even a step he's going to have to make a big leap as far as his football I.Q.. I'd rather they took Foster in the 2nd round and either McCarthy or Herzlich in the 3rd round.

April 8th, 2011, 4:31 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

My biggest problem with taking Carter would be, spending a 2nd round pick on a question mark as opposed to getting a starter. As many have said he lacks instincts, to me that is most important trait of a linebacker. The ones that aren't as quick as others, but make up for the lack of top notch speed because they are instinctive. Have a nose for the ball. Carter currently carries a late 2 to early 3 grade, depending on who's board your looking at. I would have no problem gambling a 3rd, if he's still there. I'm not real high on this years LB class, and think we might have to wait til next years draft to improve the position. There is decent depth on corners this year, and maybe we would be better off taking a couple CB's in the early rounds.

April 8th, 2011, 5:19 pm
QB Coach

steensn wrote:
I'm so torn on Carter...

You know what else is torn on Carter? His ACL. LOL cheesy I know but I had to do it.

If he's there in the third I'm all for taking him, maybe even moving up a little for him, but I think he's too big a risk at 44.

April 8th, 2011, 6:02 pm
RIP Killer

I was waiting for that joke...

April 8th, 2011, 6:10 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:

I restrained myself after M2K gave me such a hard time in the LB forum mock draft.

April 8th, 2011, 6:12 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Pablo wrote:
steensn wrote:

I restrained myself after M2K gave me such a hard time in the LB forum mock draft.

What you were doing was quite different in that. You were pulling off your Chris Berman impression.......

April 11th, 2011, 12:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3