View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 3rd, 2014, 3:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 can someone explain the prince love 
Varsity Captain

Post can someone explain the prince love
cause i just dont get it.he is so overrated.i looked at his tape and no not youtube video,s but i watched 7 of the top games and he never stood out as a great player.and the only nfl quality reciever he faced was blackmon and he got tore up in that matchup.wow the nfl network should be on his payroll for all the hype there giving this guy.i think smith and dowling our both better corners.and dont give me dowling is injury prone cause he,s not .one bad year does not make you prone to injury if it why did,nt the rams label bradford injury prone .same situation .
my draft with no trades
1rd-jimmy smith-now i woild luv to trade but smith is a true shutdown corner.very similar to nnamdi
2rd-bruce carter-1rd ability in the second rd could play either outside spot
3rd-mario harvey-biggest sleeper in the draft built and tackles like speilman but runs a legit 4.41 40 nicknamed thumper hits like a dozer
4rd-john moffit-replacement for true problem on the oline mr i cant move anyone riolia.
5rd-mario fannin -another sleeper 5,11 234 with 4.35 speed got little playing time as backup runner but averaged 6.7 a carry and 12.7 a rec.
now i looked at the ot position closely but i just cant see them reaching for one of these guys.for one they like jeff and goz and really those two havent been the problem.they also want to see what they have in fox.now if there was a oher sitting there i would say they wouldnt pass on him.so i,m going bpa and smith is higher then any of the ot,s.

April 11th, 2011, 2:25 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

Post Re: can someone explain the prince love
In his defense, he has been highly rated by most of draft sites, so you would think these guys have some inkling of what there doing when it comes to players stock. Personally I have felt from watching him in games, that although he seems somewhat stiff, he looks to have the tools to develop into a solid corner, but I can say the same for others as well. I don't necessarily believe he will be a #1. In regards to Jimmy Smith, I have heard or read about all the red flags in reference to his history. But, to me he might have the most upside of any CB in the draft. Like Dowling as well, and he doesn't carry any of the character concerns. I have a preference for larger corners that have an ability to jam, mug and generally disrupt receivers at the line.

April 11th, 2011, 9:54 am
RIP Killer

Phyisical, fast, proven... I could go on.

April 11th, 2011, 10:17 am
RIP Killer

Did you watch a lot of Jimmy Smith tape? I haven't so I can't comment too much on him. I will say, however, corners IMO rarely have great tape. I watched a lot of Patrick Peterson this year and was very much underwhelmed. Prince looks more competitive (ie. physical, willing to come help in the run game) too me than Peterson who scouts are drooling over. Hayden was the first corner off the board last year, wasn't a fan of his either.

It isn't his fault who he matched up against, there just aren't that many pro ready receivers in the game. As for the Blackmon, I've addressed it before but that guy is a total beast - look out when he hits the NFL - and Prince basically held him to his lowest output of the season (and one of his two TDs was against another corner).

If Prince falls to 13 you run to the podium.

April 11th, 2011, 10:37 am
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I wonder if Schwartz's experience with Pacman in Tennessee will color his view on taking Jimmy Smith high.

April 11th, 2011, 10:42 am
RIP Killer

I haven't watched Jimmy Smith's tape either, but I did check out Hayden last year and wasn't impressed. The thing with CB's is that you really have a hard time judging what they will be able to do and what translates to the next level so you have to look at their skills. That is why the super fast crazy athletic CB's jump so high even if they weren't at the top of the boards starting the year. Prince has tools to be a fantastic CB and the games I watched him in he was extremely solid in the running game and passing game. He seems to have the all around talent to be a "perfect" do everything CB. Peterson seems to have better coverage ability, but Prince is more well rounded.

Unfortunetly that is the extent of what I can speak to as I haven't seen enough to judge them to any other CB's than Chekwa from OSU who would be a great 4th-5th round steal IMO for an incredibly talented nickel or #2 CB who makes mentakl mistakes here or there.

April 11th, 2011, 10:46 am
Team MVP

steensn wrote:
Phyisical, fast, proven... I could go on.

X2

Good character.....unlike Jimmy Smith.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 11th, 2011, 10:49 am
Varsity Captain

as for the draft guys all liking him well the all liked roy williams too. mayock claimed he would be one of the games best.so dont listen to the hype machines they miss on players all the time.
as for proven.that would mean he faced top quality recievers every week or atleast every couple.he didnt as a matter of fact he laid big eggs against both blackmon and the kid from texas the only draftable wr,s he faced.has made a name for himself against nobody,s.played off coverage against bigger recievers so didnt show that much toughness.and timed alot faster then he showed on the field thats why goin into the combine his top speed was such a question.which tells me he has bad instincts.cmon point out a game or quality wr he blanketed something where there is proof not just made up hype.as for jimmy smith i have watched tape on him and teams just dont throw his way and when they do he made plays on the ball .watch his game against aj green he took him out of the game to the point georgia was doing anything it could to line him up against jalil brown and it was against brown that he did his damage.

April 11th, 2011, 10:54 am
RIP Killer

The beauty of the draft is that is an inexact science. You are free to have "your guys" and there have been plenty of highly touted players that just didn't work out in the NFL.

Character is important in Allen Park, which discounts Jimmy Smith in their eyes. Prince is much "cleaner" player, which is why he is the 2nd rated CB on the board and their is somewhat of a drop off between him and the next tier of players.

April 11th, 2011, 11:55 am
Profile WWW
Varsity Captain

i forget i,m new here and you guys dont know me yet.but you will come to know me and if there are any former lionsfanatics members here they may let the rest of you in on what i do for a living.lol.but the one thing i will tell you is one prince will be there at 13 when detroit selects and two if they do select him they will regret it within a couple years.but knowing martin i dont think he would make that mistake. again if the lions cant trade down prince will be the selection.

April 11th, 2011, 12:47 pm
RIP Killer

allenslions wrote:
i forget i,m new here and you guys dont know me yet.but you will come to know me and if there are any former lionsfanatics members here they may let the rest of you in on what i do for a living.lol.but the one thing i will tell you is one prince will be there at 13 when detroit selects and two if they do select him they will regret it within a couple years.but knowing martin i dont think he would make that mistake. again if the lions cant trade down prince will be the selection.

Well, I'm gonna guess you aren't a professional writer or journalist.

Secondly, you contradict yourself. First, you say that Martin won't make that mistake (picking Prince), but then you say that if he's there at 13 Prince will be the selection.

So....which is it?

April 11th, 2011, 12:57 pm
Varsity Captain

i,m sorry i meant that smith would be the selection as i had posted earlier.

April 11th, 2011, 1:46 pm
Team MVP

Let me get this straight..first off I highly doubt Prince will even be there at 13. And if he does, you're telling me they will take Smith over Prince?

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 11th, 2011, 2:17 pm
RIP Killer

allenslions wrote:
i,m sorry i meant that smith would be the selection as i had posted earlier.

OK, understood.

But I respectfully disagree. I don't think Martin Mayhew is interested in taking Jimmy Smith that early, at all. Smith won't be the top player available, and that is what Mayhew does in the first round. He takes the best player available. I strongly suspect that if Prince is there, he'll be their pick. If not, I expect a DE to come off the board with the Lions pick.

April 11th, 2011, 2:18 pm
RIP Killer

Prince is a damn good player.

April 11th, 2011, 4:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next