View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 12:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Can Prince Amukamara fall to #13 
5th Round Pick - Traded

Post Can Prince Amukamara fall to #13
I'm just asking it seemed impossible but there is so value on the defensive line it could happen. Right?

April 9th, 2011, 1:04 am
NFL Team Captain

Post Re: Can Prince Amukamara fall to #13
Anything is possible. I have seen some Mocks with Prince falling to us, matter of fact Kiper just had an article saying he could see us with Prince, Bruce Carter and Marcus Gilbert. I would be very, very happy with that turn out.

April 9th, 2011, 7:10 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

Doubtful, to me he would probably rate higher than Haden who went at #6 last year. Think there is a better chance of Quinn or Bowers falling thru the cracks.

April 9th, 2011, 8:23 am
Pop Warner Rookie

to me it all hings on who is there at #7 for San Fran

if Peterson somehow falls to them then there is a legitimate chance Amukamara falls to us.

#8 Tenn - Fairley seems to be the pick here
#9 Dallas - Tyron Smith has drawn a lot of attention
#10 Wash - Julio Jones is the popular pick here
#11 Houston - they spent a 1st rounder on a CB last year and to me are looking for a 34 OLB (Quinn if available or Aldon smith could be a surprise)
#12 a DE would make sense value and need wise (pick one)
#13 - Amukamara - you get your wish

April 9th, 2011, 9:40 am
QB Coach

I posted the part in quotes in another thread: "Where Peterson ends up obviously is going to have a huge effect on where Prince goes. Teams that could take a CB before us: #2 Denver, #3 Buffalo, #5 Arizona, #6 Cleveland, #7 San Fran, #9 Dallas, #10 Washington, #11 Houston, #12 Minnesota. If Peterson falls to 7 I think that gives us a better shot at Prince."

To elaborate if Denver picks Peterson, then there's no chance that Prince falls to us. But if Peterson is on the board later, we have a better shot. The 3 teams right before us could snag Prince if he drops. Lets start with the Texans. They need DL and OLB help, but if Quinn and Cam Jordan are off the board, I think they could go corner, despite taking one last year. Someone else brought up the Redskins needs in the secondary (Rogers and Buchannon are both FAs leaving them with only Hall.) I think they have so many more pressing needs (QB, RB, WR, OL, NT, maybe DE, LB - ILB McIntosh is a FA and he's better suited for the strongside in a 4-3 and they could upgrade the OLB spot opposite Orakpo) that they look elsewhere in round 1. Minnesota is a possibility that not a lot of people are talking about. They have and injured Cedric Griffen, an aging Antoine Winfield, an underwhelming Asher Allen and Lito Sheppard. They won't get a QB at 12, they could upgrade one of the lines or maybe add a WR is one slips. But corner makes sense for them too.

I could see the draft going something like this and I hope it does:

1. Cam Newton
2. Marcell Dareus
3. Von Miller
4. Fairley
5. Blaine Gabbert
6. A.J. Green
7. Peterson
8. Bowers
9. Tyron Smith
10. Julio Jones
11. Robert Quinn
12. Cameron Jordan
13. Prince

April 9th, 2011, 11:00 am
Team MVP

Definetly possible. But in my opinion, I highly doubt it actually will happen.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 9th, 2011, 12:48 pm
RIP Killer

I say 50/50 chance. It seems it COULD happen because of the glut of DL talent...

April 9th, 2011, 3:03 pm
NFL Veteran

liontrax wrote:
Doubtful, to me he would probably rate higher than Haden who went at #6 last year. Think there is a better chance of Quinn or Bowers falling thru the cracks.

I'm still cool with that.

April 9th, 2011, 5:59 pm
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

I guess it all depends on if the D-line talent is as good as advertised? Most team picking in the top 10 would covet somebody who rush the passer than CB which the odds are against being a true shutdown corner. I guess my biggest fear is the Vikings grabbing him at #12 - how many times the Vikings have screwed up my draft hopes.

April 10th, 2011, 11:59 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

Any of the teams from pick 7 to 12 could arguably use a corner. Will be amazed if he falls to 13.

April 10th, 2011, 12:29 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

I've definitely heard some mixed reviews on him--enough to make me doubt whether he'd be the best choice. It's all about how those first 12 picks shake out.

April 11th, 2011, 9:34 am
RIP Killer

I'd love the first 12 teams to have negative reviews on the guy... Prince would be a top 15 pick in most drafts.

April 11th, 2011, 10:18 am
RIP Killer

I hope he does, because he'd be a steal.

April 11th, 2011, 4:06 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Can he? Yes. Will he? I doubt it. If Peterson goes before #7, I could easily see the 49ers snagging him. After that, it's Dallas at #9 and Houston at #11 that scares me. Of course, the Cowgirls could go OT and the Texans could opt for a DE or OLB for their new 3-4 defense, but that's wishful thinking. I also wouldn't be incredibly surprised to see the Vikings take him at #12.

April 11th, 2011, 10:58 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

slybri19 wrote:
Can he? Yes. Will he? I doubt it. If Peterson goes before #7, I could easily see the 49ers snagging him. After that, it's Dallas at #9 and Houston at #11 that scares me. Of course, the Cowgirls could go OT and the Texans could opt for a DE or OLB for their new 3-4 defense, but that's wishful thinking. I also wouldn't be incredibly surprised to see the Vikings take him at #12.

Don't you think Harbaugh would want to make a defining move in his first year? Taking the second-best CB wouldn't seem to qualify.

April 12th, 2011, 4:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next