View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 1st, 2014, 8:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 can someone explain the prince love 
NFL Team Captain

Post Re: can someone explain the prince love
One question allenslions? Why do all the so called "experts" have Prince going anywhere from 7 - 13 and Smith going 23 - 29?

April 12th, 2011, 7:33 pm
NFL Veteran

Well, to put the opinions of experts into perspective...

Aaron Curry was the 4th pick. Clay Matthews the 26th pick. Right about where the experts said they should go.

That's why I'm trying to avoid being talked into a spot this year. There's so much moving and shaking this year based on just what people say between the end of the season and the draft. I try to trust my eyes more than anything else nowadays, but even they are proven wrong.

April 12th, 2011, 7:47 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity Captain

players are moving all over the board this year because you have so many players bunched together.i can only talk to blesto grade on players.and then gm and coaches will only use our reports as guides and then make there own grades on what they have seen.as for the experts having prince around 7 thru 10. well that was an hour ago and he is sliding as we speak and like i have said teams have smith alot higher then the internet mock guys and tv guys because the teams have talked to him about his issue,s and teams are comfortable with that now so he is neck an neck with prince.

April 12th, 2011, 10:14 pm
Team MVP

Ok Allenslions, in your honest opinion..

Lets say the Lions draft Jimmy Smith. From day 1, how much of an impact will he be, and how much of an upgrade to our defense would he be? Im not being sarcastic, im really curious cuz you got me really scratching my head on Smith wondering if he really should be the pick or not.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 13th, 2011, 7:48 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

allenslions wrote:
players are moving all over the board this year because you have so many players bunched together.i can only talk to blesto grade on players.and then gm and coaches will only use our reports as guides and then make there own grades on what they have seen.as for the experts having prince around 7 thru 10. well that was an hour ago and he is sliding as we speak and like i have said teams have smith alot higher then the internet mock guys and tv guys because the teams have talked to him about his issue,s and teams are comfortable with that now so he is neck an neck with prince.

Have a question for you. Recently one of our frequent posters on this board said he believed the best value in this years draft was to be found in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, this is an opinion I wholeheartedly agree with. Whats your take?

April 13th, 2011, 8:48 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Wes Bunting was on Killer's show and said with Jimmy Smith, it would depend on what kind of locker room he stepped into. He would be more likely to thrive on a more established team like the Steelers or the Ravens.

April 13th, 2011, 9:39 am
Varsity Captain

ok as for smiths impact.well dont expect suh in the secondary .lol.but really even the best young corners will have there growing pains but with detroits passrush expect alot of big plays too.and if the lions want to maximize his impact like the did with suh they need to either resign houston or sign a guy like joseph.
as for there being more value for detroit in round two the answer is a resounding yes.i have said all along that the best scenario would be for detroit to trade down and select an interior lineman in the first round and address the corner and linebacker position in round two.
as for smith needing a senior locker room.i would agree to some degree but i think guys like kvb and suh could give smith all the leadership he would need.well guys i hope i answered your questions .and feel free to ask me questions any time.

April 13th, 2011, 10:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4