View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 18th, 2014, 12:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Terrel Pryor Interested in NFL Supplimental Draft? 
Post Terrel Pryor Interested in NFL Supplimental Draft?
Reported on 97.1. Sounds interesting. I wonder where he would go, and I wonder what that means for the status of OSU and their NCAA investigation.

April 14th, 2011, 2:43 pm
Veteran General Manager

Post Re: Terrel Pryor Interested in NFL Supplimental Draft?
So much for him agreeing to return for next year in order to play in their bowl game. No credibility for him.

April 14th, 2011, 2:51 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I heard this as well somewhere yesterday on TV.. perhaps it was ESPN.

NEVER GIVE UP!

April 14th, 2011, 3:29 pm
RIP Killer

I wouldn't touch him in the first 3 rounds. I'd draft him in teh 2nd if he would consider WR, but he won't.

April 14th, 2011, 6:46 pm
If its true I would bet the NCAA is going to lay the hammer on OSU. I doubt Pryor would leave for a mere 5 game suspension. His name does keep coming up in regards to investigations though.

Steen, remember after Pryor was pictured with the Corvette he was seen driving around in, and I said that I was glad that he wasn't involved in UofM's program??? Everyone called me out and said that I was crazy, and said that I would be ecstatic if he would have signed with UofM instead. WRONG!!!.....

April 16th, 2011, 1:11 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

BillySims wrote:
So much for him agreeing to return for next year in order to play in their bowl game. No credibility for him.

What a stand up guy!

April 17th, 2011, 8:38 am
QB Coach

In fairness, immediately after this report Pryor came out and said emphatically that he'll be at OSU next year. So we'll see what happens, but thus far Pryor is sticking with what he originally said.

http://www.11points.com/Books/11_Things ... _Do_Anyway

LET'S GO DUKE!

If you don't like gay marriage, don't get one.

April 17th, 2011, 12:22 pm
RIP Killer

People do like to jump on these things making up stuff. Sounds like it is BS everyone loves to believe... just goes to show what people are really like.

April 17th, 2011, 3:46 pm
Veteran General Manager

steensn wrote:
People do like to jump on these things making up stuff. Sounds like it is BS everyone loves to believe... just goes to show what people are really like.

My comment was based purely on assuming the truthfulness and accuracy in the report was spot on. Since it appears the report was fraudulent, I withdraw my comment.

April 17th, 2011, 10:41 pm
IMO any player is a fool for trying to enter the supplemental draft, unless there is going to be a disciplinary action that ruins their NCAA career. It just never seems to work out. I can't think of anyone that has been a supplemental draft pick and went on to have a great/lucrative career.

That said, if Pryor was really looking into it at all, it says something about how he feels the NCAA investigation is going to go. Maybe he's just a scared kid being hyper sensitive about the whole thing, but I think there was some truth to the story that he was "looking into it."

April 18th, 2011, 4:37 pm
RIP Killer

There is nothing to substantiate the claim, so any "belief" that this happened IMO shows consistent bias.

April 18th, 2011, 4:41 pm
RIP Killer

wjb21ndtown wrote:
I can't think of anyone that has been a supplemental draft pick and went on to have a great/lucrative career.

The pickings have been slim the last decade or so but it has worked out in the past and not too many have been very high profile. Some high profile QBs who didn't work out well were Steve Walsh who the Cowboys took with a 1st rounder the same year they drafted Aikman first overall (89'). Interestingly also taken that year in the supplemental draft first round was QB Timm Rosenbach and a running back (I'm thinking Bobby Humpries). I remember that years draft well because it was my senior year in college and the Lions got Barry (#3) right behind the Spartans big Steriod Tony M (#2 who made the all Madden team while in college). You also had Derrick Thomas (#4) and Deon Sanders (#5) to form a pretty good top five. Andre "Bad Moon" Risen was another Spartan first round pick that year.

There have been a few supplemental picks who worked out pretty well in QB Bernie Kosar and WR Chris Carter. I think the Boz was a supplemental pick as well who had an OK career but is more remembered for Bo running over him for a TD.

April 18th, 2011, 5:27 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

The most recent somewhat successful pick was Jared Gaither. If he returns to form he is a solid to potential pro bowl LT and the Ravens got him in round 5. 1998 had two successful picks in the second round with Mike Wahle going to the Pack and Jamal Williams to San Diego. So far like 5 out of 40 picks have gone on to have good NFL carrers.

April 19th, 2011, 3:55 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Don't worry, Terrel. You'll always have a future in memorabilia sales.

April 19th, 2011, 3:58 pm
RIP Killer

Typicaly these players don't come out for good reasons therefore they already have baggage, but not all. They are players that potentially would slide due to whatever problems they were having, so it make sense most are likely to have some issues in the NFL.

April 19th, 2011, 4:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]