View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 28th, 2014, 2:34 am



Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Poll - Who do you think the Lions take at 13? 

Who do you think the Lions take at 13?
Poll ended at April 29th, 2011, 9:58 am
CB Prince Amukamara 39%  39%  [ 12 ]
CB Jimmy Smith 29%  29%  [ 9 ]
DE Da'Quan Bowers 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
DE Aldon Smith 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
OT Anthony Castonzo 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
OT Tyron Smith 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Other (Please Specify) 23%  23%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 31

 Poll - Who do you think the Lions take at 13? 
Author Message
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9373
Location: Dallas
Post Poll - Who do you think the Lions take at 13?
Down to the wire now, this should be interesting. I'm leaning towards "Smith" since I seem to have a near 50/50 chance at this point... :lol:

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


April 22nd, 2011, 9:58 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Poll - Who do you think the Lions take at 13?
I'm still holding out for Prince.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


April 22nd, 2011, 10:01 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9848
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Poll - Who do you think the Lions take at 13?
Personally I think Detroit is in a good bargaining position to trade down, so I said other. I think teams will like San Diego and possibly Tampa Bay will be looking to trade up to get one of the better defensive ends.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


April 22nd, 2011, 10:21 am
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Posts: 2249
Post Re: Poll - Who do you think the Lions take at 13?
I'm thinking Prince. Ever heard of Occum's razor ("the simplest explanation is most likely the correct one")? I think this is one of those situations.

_________________
Driver of the Jim Caldwell bandwagon. Climb aboard.


April 22nd, 2011, 10:55 am
Profile
Veteran General Manager
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7245
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Poll - Who do you think the Lions take at 13?
I chose other. As in, none of the above. Because, I don't think we will be picking #13. As in, #13 will be traded up or down.


April 22nd, 2011, 11:03 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9373
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Poll - Who do you think the Lions take at 13?
BillySims wrote:
I chose other. As in, none of the above. Because, I don't think we will be picking #13. As in, #13 will be traded up or down.


Well that wasn't really an option but OK. I know everyone looks to NE who trades down all the time, but good talent evaluating teams like Pitt and Green Bay rarely move - they sit there and let the board come to them and take the best value available.

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


April 22nd, 2011, 11:50 am
Profile WWW
Heisman Winner
User avatar

Joined: March 28th, 2005, 7:50 pm
Posts: 805
Location: Burbs of De-town
Post Re: Poll - Who do you think the Lions take at 13?
Cameron Jordan. As much as I like Bowers, I think you would get comparable skills without the risk. The fact that you don't hear the Lions chirping about him suggests to me that he's on the radar. He was brought in for a visit.

You can find some quality DBs in the 2nd round this year. I think you can skate by with an average/good DB play if you have a DL that simply dominates. Just ask the Giant teams of the past.


April 22nd, 2011, 11:54 am
Profile
5th Round Pick - Traded

Joined: March 21st, 2005, 2:11 pm
Posts: 1049
Location: Wolverine, Mi.
Post Re: Poll - Who do you think the Lions take at 13?
Changed my vote to Amukamara. Don't know why, cleanest player I guess. Fact is I'm not really all that excited about any of these guys, and have high hopes for a trade back. Jimmy Smith may be more talented. But does he love football or just the payday? If the Lions could get him after a trade back, then I wouldn't mind the gamble. Same goes for Bowers, one year wonder, plus the injury concern, seems like a gamble to me. Have recently soured on Aldon Smith, tremendous potential, but again, a gamble. None of the Tackles excite me. Even though I have reservations about Prince, he wins by default, probably the safest pick.


Last edited by liontrax on April 27th, 2011, 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.



April 22nd, 2011, 12:13 pm
Profile
NFL Veteran
User avatar

Joined: September 15th, 2004, 6:02 am
Posts: 1355
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Post Re: Poll - Who do you think the Lions take at 13?
Pablo wrote:
Down to the wire now, this should be interesting. I'm leaning towards "Smith" since I seem to have a near 50/50 chance at this point... :lol:


I guess so considering there are three "Smiths."

I went with Prince, because I have that feeling. I would probably go differently, but this is a tough question. It takes into account a) who you think will be available and b) who you believe the Lions covet. Prince seems to fit both criteria for me.

_________________
Image
Lion http://www.suh93.com


April 22nd, 2011, 1:32 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: October 30th, 2004, 12:30 pm
Posts: 2205
Location: Austin, TX
Post Re: Poll - Who do you think the Lions take at 13?
I went with Jimmy Smith.. like his size and what he brings to the table with his cover skills and run support.

_________________
Image

NEVER GIVE UP!


April 22nd, 2011, 1:35 pm
Profile
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: Poll - Who do you think the Lions take at 13?
I went with Prince and I have my fingers crossed that it becomes a reality. It's looking more and more likely that Houston will draft a DE/OLB instead, so the chances of him being available at 13 has increased.

_________________
Image


April 22nd, 2011, 10:40 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Posts: 2249
Post Re: Poll - Who do you think the Lions take at 13?
slybri19 wrote:
I went with Prince and I have my fingers crossed that it becomes a reality. It's looking more and more likely that Houston will draft a DE/OLB instead, so the chances of him being available at 13 has increased.


I completely forgot that the Texans took a CB in the first last year. Think that will have any effect?

Killer and those other guys did a mock draft with people calling in and Julio Jones fell to us--seems very plausible, actually. Will definitely be interesting. At the very least, I would con the Rams out of something.

_________________
Driver of the Jim Caldwell bandwagon. Climb aboard.


April 22nd, 2011, 11:44 pm
Profile
Varsity Benchwarmer
User avatar

Joined: March 22nd, 2010, 11:44 pm
Posts: 203
Post Re: Poll - Who do you think the Lions take at 13?
I went with Julio Jones, gonna make me sick but mayhew could do it to make CJ happy

_________________
Formerly yzermanx3.


April 22nd, 2011, 11:55 pm
Profile
Varsity Captain

Joined: February 10th, 2011, 4:08 am
Posts: 305
Post Re: Poll - Who do you think the Lions take at 13?
i,m gonna say smith but not at 13 i do believe they will find a trade partner and move down.now if by chance there stuck at 13 they should opt for jordan as bowers knee is just to risky.and if they go the dl in the first my hope is dowling is still there for them in round two.this would be a nice scenario
1rd trade with the chargers get an extra 3rd and take smith at 18
2rd-bruce carter-
3rda-john moffitt-future center and future is now.lol
3rdb-trade out for a 4th and 6rd pick
4rd-deaunte williams-was my top ss before broken leg a real steal here
4rdb-david mims-would develop nicely behind backus not just a right tackle has great feet for a big man reminds me of gaither
5rd-mario harvey-can play inside or the mike and be a force on special teams
6rd-greg romeus-nice spot to take a player coming of a bad acl tear.when he's healthy could be a steal if he didnt loose any quickness
7rd-ammar dyson-small school project has some nice skills and caught mayhew's eye.6ft and ran 4.43 40 good numbers for a 7th rd corner


April 23rd, 2011, 12:09 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9848
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Poll - Who do you think the Lions take at 13?
allenslions wrote:
i,m gonna say smith but not at 13 i do believe they will find a trade partner and move down.now if by chance there stuck at 13 they should opt for jordan as bowers knee is just to risky.and if they go the dl in the first my hope is dowling is still there for them in round two.this would be a nice scenario
1rd trade with the chargers get an extra 3rd and take smith at 18
2rd-bruce carter-
3rda-john moffitt-future center and future is now.lol
3rdb-trade out for a 4th and 6rd pick
4rd-deaunte williams-was my top ss before broken leg a real steal here
4rdb-david mims-would develop nicely behind backus not just a right tackle has great feet for a big man reminds me of gaither
5rd-mario harvey-can play inside or the mike and be a force on special teams
6rd-greg romeus-nice spot to take a player coming of a bad acl tear.when he's healthy could be a steal if he didnt loose any quickness
7rd-ammar dyson-small school project has some nice skills and caught mayhew's eye.6ft and ran 4.43 40 good numbers for a 7th rd corner


If Mayhew pulled off anything close to this draft I'd nominate him for sainthood.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


April 23rd, 2011, 11:01 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.