View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 6:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Goose's Mock Draft #2 
RIP Killer

Post Goose's Mock Draft #2
1. Carolina, QB Cam Newton
2. Denver, DT Nick Fairley
3. Buffalo, DT Marcus Dareus
4. Cincinnati, OLB Von Miller
5. Arizona, WR AJ Green
6. Cleveland, WR Julio Jones
7. San Francisco, CB Patrick Peterson
8. Tennessee, DE Robert Quinn
9. Dallas, DE JJ Watt
10. Washington, CB Prince Amukamara
11. Houston, DE Cam Jordan
12. Minnesota, QB Blain Gabbert
13. Detroit, OT Tyron Smith
14. St. Louis, OLB Ryan Kerrigan (didn't list him a DE here)
15. Miami, C Mike Pouncy
16. Jacksonville, DE Da'Quan Bowers
17. New England, RB Mark Ingram
18. San Diego, OT Anthony Castonzo
19. New York Giants, OT Nate Solder
20. Tampa Bay, DT Corey Liugent
21. Kansas City, DT Phil Taylor
22. Indianapolis, DE Aldon Smith
23. Philadelphia, OT Gabe Carimi
24. New Orleans, DT Marvin Austin
25. Seattle, OT Derrick Sherrod
26. Baltimore, DE Cameron Heyward
27. Atlanta, DT Kenrick Ellis
28. New England, G Danny Watkins
29. Chicago, DT, Muhammad Wilkerson
30. New York Jets, OLB Brooks Reed
31. Pittsburgh, CB Aaron Williams
32. Green Bay, OT James Carpenter

April 24th, 2011, 10:48 am
Profile WWW
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Post Re: Goose's Mock Draft #2
What? No Jimmy Smith? Teams must not be as high on him as some on this forum are.

April 24th, 2011, 12:39 pm
NFL Veteran

slybri19 wrote:
What? No Jimmy Smith? Teams must not be as high on him as some on this forum are.

I thought Goose's 2nd mock is who he thinks teams should draft. The 3rd and final mock is who he thinks they will draft.

If it did fall that way, I'd trade down or take Bowers or Jimmy.

April 24th, 2011, 2:55 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I'm sorry, but once again I find this mock ridiculous. There's no way Gabbert falls to the 12th pick, nor is his talent that low a level. I am of the full opinion that Newton is a walking bust, and Gabbert will be a better pro QB than him. Also, while I understand that at the 13th pick Tyron Smith might be the BPA and fill a need (Cherilus might never be the same after microfracture surgery this past off-season), I think RTs can be had in the latter rounds.

Oh, and Kendrick Ellis and James Carpenter as first round picks?! Ugh.

April 24th, 2011, 8:17 pm
Div 1 - Starter

Cam Newton is gonna be the guy to free fall in this draft. I personally dont get how people have that high of an opinion of him. he doesnt even know how to call a play so he has so much to learn that he is gonna be a long term project. he has even had issues with his accuracy in his workouts. i dont see how carolina could even be considering taking him at number 1. i have a hard enough time trying to figure out how anybody could even be considering him in the first round. he does have the size and athletic ability to play the game but does he have the rest of the tools? im not sold

April 24th, 2011, 8:38 pm
RIP Killer

He based this draft on team needs, not how he sees the draft unfolding. His article with this draft focused on linemen and he has 21 of the 32 picks at those spots to no surprise. Don't take it to serious yet fellas.

April 24th, 2011, 11:53 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

Pablo wrote:
He based this draft on team needs, not how he sees the draft unfolding. His article with this draft focused on linemen and he has 21 of the 32 picks at those spots to no surprise. Don't take it to serious yet fellas.

Isn't it amazing the same things need to be said every year (and multiple times per year)? :shock: ](*,)

April 25th, 2011, 9:43 am
RIP Killer

Pablo wrote:

I was under the impression that this was who he thought the teams SHOULD draft? And if this is based on NEED, then he missed with the Lions. They don't NEED a right tackle, and Goose should know that, particularly in the first round.

April 25th, 2011, 11:38 am
RIP Killer

m2karateman wrote:
Pablo wrote:

I was under the impression that this was who he thought the teams SHOULD draft? And if this is based on NEED, then he missed with the Lions. They don't NEED a right tackle, and Goose should know that, particularly in the first round.

With Gosders knee a big question mark and Staffords health the key to the season I woudn't say they don't need a RT. The also need a LT to protect the franchise going forward.

April 25th, 2011, 11:53 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Pablo wrote:
With Gosders knee a big question mark and Staffords health the key to the season I woudn't say they don't need a RT. The also need a LT to protect the franchise going forward.

2 reasons why I say that they don't NEED a right tackle, PARTICULARLY IN THE FIRST ROUND.

1. Corey Hilliard
2. Jason Fox

Hilliard was better last season than Cherilus at RT, as far as I'm concerned. Fox would probably be an improvement over Cherilus as well. There are two guys, right there, that would likely start at RT over ANY player the Lions select in this draft, including Smith. Eventually Tyron Smith would likely be a better player than them, but I don't believe he'd get to that point in 2011, since he is pretty raw. If the Lions want to keep Matt healthy in 2011, I'm all for it. First, teach him how to fall. Second, get him a running game. Third, if they are going to draft someone to play RT, draft someone who is NFL ready for the task now. I think someone like Gabe Carimi is better suited for that duty now than Tyron Smith. I would suggest trading down and then taking Carimi.

Now, in regards to the LT situation, I believe that is what Jason Fox was drafted for. Is he the guy or not? I don't think anyone has that answer yet. As a potential future left side starter in the league, I would agree with the Smith pick.

Like I said, in this mock I do see Tyron Smith as the BPA at the Lions pick, therefore I wouldn't scoff at that. I would imagine the Lions would trade down, in reality. I was degrading this version of his draft based on Gabbert falling so far, plus the inclusion of Ellis and Carpenter as first round picks.

April 26th, 2011, 9:29 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

TheRealWags wrote:
Pablo wrote:

Isn't it amazing the same things need to be said every year (and multiple times per year)? :shock: ](*,)

Wags, I know how Gosselin's 3 mock drafts work, so don't bang your head against the wall. It'll only give you a headache. :lol:

What I'm saying is that he had Aaron Williams going in the 1st, but not Jimmy Smith. Since this mock is based on team needs, shouldn't the Steelers be selecting Smith instead? Of course, he could be projecting Williams moving to S, but he listed him as a CB.

April 26th, 2011, 10:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]