View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 1st, 2014, 2:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Poll - Who do you think the Lions take at 44? 

Poll ended at April 30th, 2011, 10:24 am
LB Bruce Carter 44%  44%  [ 15 ]
LB Martez Wilson 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
LB Mason Foster 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
CB Ras-I-Dowling 32%  32%  [ 11 ]
CB Davon House 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
RB Mikel LeShoure 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Other 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 34

RIP Killer

Post Poll - Who do you think the Lions take at 44?
I'm very excited about the prospects that might be available to Detroit in the second round, who do you like?

April 26th, 2011, 10:24 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Post Re: Poll - Who do you think the Lions take at 44?
Hoping for Ras-I

April 26th, 2011, 10:37 am
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
Hoping for Ras-I

Me to unless they get a CB in the first round but I like the LB prospects here as well along with the big bruising RB. I think I'm more excited by a few guys here than those in round one...

April 26th, 2011, 10:49 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

heck, I still think I'd rather have 2 CB's first two rounds than anything else. NO seemed to turn out well shotgunning the CB's... I wouldn't be dissappointed to say the least.

April 26th, 2011, 11:02 am
Rookie Player of the Year

Most talented player, please.

April 26th, 2011, 11:40 am
Hall of Fame Player

steensn wrote:
heck, I still think I'd rather have 2 CB's first two rounds than anything else. NO seemed to turn out well shotgunning the CB's... I wouldn't be dissappointed to say the least.

I was thinking the same. With our D-line as dominant as it is, and our DB's being drastically upgraded, we might be able to compensate for weak LBing.

April 26th, 2011, 11:58 am
Varsity Captain

it of course depends on who we select in round one.if they do select smith in rd1 i would hope they go stefan wisniewski in rd 2.i also dont expect dowling to be there for detroits 2nd pick.if they have to go corner in round 2 it would have to be devon house.i also think the lions could address linebacker in the 3rd round with a player like dent from georgia or mccarthy from miami or even harvey or herzlich later.i also dont see linebacker as a dire need.bobby carpenter played better then he ever has and palmer is a real gem in need of a little more polishing.the lions coaching staff really does a great job getting the best from there players.detroit has two major needs that have to be improved apon to make any huge leap in the standings.first the most obvious is cornerback and seeing as freeagency will go by last seasons rules we will be able to retain houston but a starter across from him must be found and smith dowling or house could do the job nicely .the second major issue is center not ot.emmitt smith once said that the center was the most important player in the running game and i agree and the lions have shuffled in all kinds of guys on the oline and different backs to improve the running game with little improvement.the reason? dom riolia.and i dont care what guards you get or what tackles you play until he is replaced the ground game is'nt going anywhere.the lions can take pouncey in rd1 or stefan in round 2 but this is a problem that must be addressed.

April 26th, 2011, 12:18 pm
RIP Killer

I think if we don;t go 2 CB, we will be deficient at CB. If we go LB/CB, well be deficient in both areas a little if no one steps up. Dominant DL and Dominant econdary can easily make up for a sub par LB corps.

April 26th, 2011, 12:36 pm
Varsity Captain

If we go by last years rules and Chris Houston is restricted, trading down a few spots and picking up Jimmy Smith and an extra draft pick and grabbing Bruce Carter in the 2nd would be an ideal situation.

April 26th, 2011, 12:57 pm
Profile YIM
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

loyallion23 wrote:
If we go by last years rules and Chris Houston is restricted, trading down a few spots and picking up Jimmy Smith and an extra draft pick and grabbing Bruce Carter in the 2nd would be an ideal situation.

+1

NEVER GIVE UP!

April 26th, 2011, 1:20 pm
Varsity Captain

i agree that would be a great scenario.but something has been nagging me the last couple days and i feel that at 44 wisniewski is a better pick then carter.and remember 2012 linebacker class is much deeper then this season

April 26th, 2011, 1:22 pm
RIP Killer

Carter still scares the crap outta me!

April 26th, 2011, 1:57 pm
NFL Veteran

This question is torture. This time last year, Dowling and Carter were top 10 picks to me. Can I trade for a 2nd second rounder?

I guess if we grab a corner in round 1 it's Bruce Carter. If it's anything but a corner in round 1 it's a freaking coin flip for me.

On the poll it's Bruce Carter because I'm assuming we go Amakamura or Smith with the first pick. But let it be known Pablo that your essentially dangling Jessica Alba and Megan Fox in front of me and telling me I can only have one.

April 26th, 2011, 2:19 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Honolulu_Blue wrote:
But let it be known Pablo that your essentially dangling Jessica Alba and Megan Fox in front of me and telling me I can only have one.

Can't go wrong with a choice like that HB. I know what you are saying though, that is why I'm more into the 2nd round pick than the first - I'd be happy with a number of these choices.

April 26th, 2011, 2:23 pm
Profile WWW
Rookie Player of the Year

Regaedless of what happens in the 1st round if Dowling is there in the 2nd round I think they have to take him. If they draft Smith or Amukamara in the 1st round I'd still think they have to go Dowling. Carter just brings back bad memories of Boss when the Lions thought they were getting a steal in the 2nd round. Instead they drafted a LB that shined more because of his athletic ability than his football instincts and after the injury he never regained that same level of athleticism. I think either of those 1st round QBs and Dowling are going to be better than Houston (no need to overpay him), if they do keep Houston they can try Dowling at FS and move Delmas back to his natural SS spot.

April 26th, 2011, 5:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next