View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 16th, 2014, 5:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Your Ideal Lions Draft??? 
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Post Re: Your Ideal Lions Draft???
m2karateman wrote:
Stallion wrote:
I know some people here are not found of the idea of drafting offensive lineman. I guess I would be in the minority as my dream draft had us grabbing two back-to-back. I believe that that improving the o-line will have the greatest benefit to the team. It will help keep Stafford upright and it will improve the run game. An improved run game will also benefit the defense and help keep Stafford healthy.

The New England Patriots trade #17 and #74 for the Lions #13 Pick
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers trade #17 and #116 for Lions #17

1(20) OL Gabe Carimi
2(44) OL Benjamin Ijalana
Lions trade #75 anf #116 for #60
2(60) CB Ras-I Dowling
3(74) LB Mason Foster
4(107) LB Greg Jones
5(154) RB Roy Helu
7(205) WR Jordan White

Just a question......who would NE and TB be trading up for?

It may be a little far fetched but perhaps to snap some pass rushers such as Cameron Jordan and Houston.

April 18th, 2011, 11:05 pm
NFL Veteran

Stallion wrote:
I know some people here are not found of the idea of drafting offensive lineman. I guess I would be in the minority as my dream draft had us grabbing two back-to-back. I believe that that improving the o-line will have the greatest benefit to the team. It will help keep Stafford upright and it will improve the run game. An improved run game will also benefit the defense and help keep Stafford healthy.

The New England Patriots trade #17 and #74 for the Lions #13 Pick
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers trade #17 and #116 for Lions #17

1(20) OL Gabe Carimi
2(44) OL Benjamin Ijalana
Lions trade #75 anf #116 for #60
2(60) CB Ras-I Dowling
3(74) LB Mason Foster
4(107) LB Greg Jones
5(154) RB Roy Helu
7(205) WR Jordan White

I want to do a trade version. I'll take Stallions first two trades but stop before the trade up to 60.

1(20) - Jimmy Smith CB Colorado - Right Price
2(44) - Ras-Dowling CB Virginia - Cornerback position set
3(74) - Quan Sturdivant ILB UNC - Move Levy outside or Quan can play Strong Side
3(75) - Deandre McDaniel S Clemson - Secondary set
4(107) - Chris Carter OLB Fresno State - LB Position set
4(116) - Greg Salas WR Hawaii - Less sleeper-ish than I thought he'd be (ranked 112 on nfldraftscout)
5(154) - Jamie Harper RB Syracuse - Thunder in the backfield
7(205) - Ryan Bartholomew C Syracuse - Another Syracuse guy? Workout warrior.

April 22nd, 2011, 5:06 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Did you mean Delone Carter(SU) or Jamie Harper (Clemson)?

April 22nd, 2011, 5:32 pm
NFL Veteran

sweetd20 wrote:
Did you mean Delone Carter(SU) or Jamie Harper (Clemson)?

Thanks for the catch. They are both orange uniformed power backs so I do get them confused, but I think
I did mean Jamie Harper because he's more likely to be available at the spot. Although my thoughts of Carter weighed heavy on my mind since I remember thinking of MJD as I typed it. I guess I would be equally happy to have either but if I had to choose it would be Delone, he's more of a straight ahead punisher. Jamie will try to run around you but will definitely lower the boom as a final resort.

April 22nd, 2011, 6:17 pm
Profile WWW
Walk On

We trade back with New England who's fell in love with one of the pass rushers (Bowers, Watt, Jordan, or Kerrigan to replace Seymour) available at #13 and we get 92 pick in the 3rd round. Mayhew gets his guy at a cheaper price.

1(17) - Jimmy Smith CB Colorado - Right Price
2(44) - Bruce Carter OLB UNC - Lions get there OLB
3(74) - Davon House CB New Mexico St.
3(92) - Quan Sturdivant ILB UNC/Deandre McDaniel S Clemson
4(107) - James Brewer OT Indiana/Robert Sands S West Virginia
5(154) - Alex Green RB Hawaii/Roy Helu RB Nebraska

We give another DE playing in a 3-4 scheme opportunity by signing Vernon Gholston in free agency at a cheap price, hey we revamped LoJack's possible career. Our big free agent signing would be Stephen Turlock once the lock out is over.

April 22nd, 2011, 7:34 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I'm not going to go through the entire draft here, but I've been thinking a lot lately about the Lions moving out of the 1st round entirely. I'm looking at SD at 18 or TB at 20 moving up to 13 to get a DE. They could probably get #61 from SD in this deal, but would have to settle for a 3rd and a 4th from TB. Then, I'm hoping that Denver truly wants to revamp their DL by moving back up into the 1st to grab another after Dareus by offering #36 and #46 in exchange for the 1st and a 4th.

This could give the Lions #36, #44, #46, and maybe #61. In this scenario, they're possibly looking at Brandon Harris or Ras-I Dowling at CB, with two LBs amongst Martez Wilson, Bruce Carter, and Mason Foster. The other late 2nd or 3rd round picks could be used on the interior OL, WR, or RB. Atleast this is what I'm thinking at this point.

April 26th, 2011, 12:19 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

It would make my day if the Lions were able to trade out of 1 and load up on 2nd and 3rds, maybe throw in a 4th to boot. As someone recently said (believe it was m2k), the real wealth (or strength) of this draft is in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Have to agree with that assessment. If the Lions stay at 13, I'm confident they take somebody they feel is a good fit, whether it's a corner, DE or OT. I also think that if there is a player there at 13, they are really high on, they don't make the trade.

April 26th, 2011, 12:46 am
RIP Killer

liontrax wrote:
It would make my day if the Lions were able to trade out of 1 and load up on 2nd and 3rds, maybe throw in a 4th to boot. As someone recently said (believe it was m2k), the real wealth (or strength) of this draft is in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Have to agree with that assessment. If the Lions stay at 13, I'm confident they take somebody they feel is a good fit, whether it's a corner, DE or OT. I also think that if there is a player there at 13, they are really high on, they don't make the trade.

I don't think Mayhew will move out of the first round entirely, because of that fact that although the second and third round offers better value, the first round still represents better potential and impact players. The Lions, I believe, will move down in the first round unless somehow a player like Amukamara or Quinn falls to them. I think they will pass on Bowers, I think they pass on Tyron Smith, and allow someone to make a deal to move up and get one of them. I truly think the Lions are targeting Jimmy Smith. I recall Mayhew talking about how he liked big corners with speed when he was first promoted to the GM position. A team like Philadelphia might want to move up to get Tyron Smith, since their offensive line is crap and they need someone on the right side to protect Vick's blindside. Carimi is the guy I think they are targeting, but they might want someone who is better athletically to handle the pass rushers. Possible trade up for them? Yes. Probable? I don't think so, but don't be surprised.

San Diego is a possible trade partner because if they want someone like Cory Liuget to be a DE in their defense, they'd likely have to get ahead of St. Louis to do it. I don't think Liuget would get past the Rams, unless Julio Jones was still on the board (he won't be), and even then Miami is next and would likely take Liuget for themselves.

I don't see Tampa Bay moving up. They will have a shot at a pass rusher when their #20 picks comes. If they do move up, it will likely be with Miami to get ahead of Jacksonville. Miami is looking to trade down since they don't have a second round pick. However, the Bucs can either go DE or CB in the first round, since they need help at both spots. If the Lions trade down, I hope they don't move beyond the #20, because I could see the Bucs taking Jimmy Smith at that spot. But then again, if the Lions were to trade down with Philly, and Smith is off the board, then they could take Carimi and have their right tackle locked down.

Trade possibilities are mind boggling......

April 26th, 2011, 9:49 am
Baton Girl

Trading down in this draft is the ideal to me as well, but assuming no trades, I wouldn't mind seeing the following:

1R: Anthony Castonzo - OT
2R: Ras-I Dowling - CB
3R: Mikel Leshoure - RB
4R: Quan Sturdivant - LB
5R: Shareece Wright - CB
7R: Aldrick Robinson - WR

If they choose to go with a CB in 1R, I like the following:

1R: Prince Amukamara - CB
2R: Orlando Franklin - OT
3R: Edmund Gates - WR
4R: Quan Sturdivant - LB
5R: Mario Harvey - LB
7R: Darren Evans - RB/Mario Fannin - RB

April 26th, 2011, 12:43 pm
Varsity Captain

Mufasa wrote:
We trade back with New England who's fell in love with one of the pass rushers (Bowers, Watt, Jordan, or Kerrigan to replace Seymour) available at #13 and we get 92 pick in the 3rd round. Mayhew gets his guy at a cheaper price.

1(17) - Jimmy Smith CB Colorado - Right Price
2(44) - Bruce Carter OLB UNC - Lions get there OLB
3(74) - Davon House CB New Mexico St.
3(92) - Quan Sturdivant ILB UNC/Deandre McDaniel S Clemson
4(107) - James Brewer OT Indiana/Robert Sands S West Virginia
5(154) - Alex Green RB Hawaii/Roy Helu RB Nebraska

We give another DE playing in a 3-4 scheme opportunity by signing Vernon Gholston in free agency at a cheap price, hey we revamped LoJack's possible career. Our big free agent signing would be Stephen Turlock once the lock out is over.

That scenario would give me a woody!

April 26th, 2011, 1:00 pm
Profile YIM
Varsity Captain

m2karateman wrote:
liontrax wrote:

I don't think Mayhew will move out of the first round entirely, because of that fact that although the second and third round offers better value, the first round still represents better potential and impact players. The Lions, I believe, will move down in the first round unless somehow a player like Amukamara or Quinn falls to them. I think they will pass on Bowers, I think they pass on Tyron Smith, and allow someone to make a deal to move up and get one of them. I truly think the Lions are targeting Jimmy Smith. I recall Mayhew talking about how he liked big corners with speed when he was first promoted to the GM position. A team like Philadelphia might want to move up to get Tyron Smith, since their offensive line is crap and they need someone on the right side to protect Vick's blindside. Carimi is the guy I think they are targeting, but they might want someone who is better athletically to handle the pass rushers. Possible trade up for them? Yes. Probable? I don't think so, but don't be surprised.

San Diego is a possible trade partner because if they want someone like Cory Liuget to be a DE in their defense, they'd likely have to get ahead of St. Louis to do it. I don't think Liuget would get past the Rams, unless Julio Jones was still on the board (he won't be), and even then Miami is next and would likely take Liuget for themselves.

I don't see Tampa Bay moving up. They will have a shot at a pass rusher when their #20 picks comes. If they do move up, it will likely be with Miami to get ahead of Jacksonville. Miami is looking to trade down since they don't have a second round pick. However, the Bucs can either go DE or CB in the first round, since they need help at both spots. If the Lions trade down, I hope they don't move beyond the #20, because I could see the Bucs taking Jimmy Smith at that spot. But then again, if the Lions were to trade down with Philly, and Smith is off the board, then they could take Carimi and have their right tackle locked down.

I also believe that the Lions could be targeting Jimmy Smith, but they probably don't want to trade down below 20 or with Philadelphia, because it seems that the Eagles are also quite interested in Jimmy Smith.

April 26th, 2011, 1:08 pm
Profile YIM
NFL Team Captain

loyallion23 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
liontrax wrote:

I also believe that the Lions could be targeting Jimmy Smith, but they probably don't want to trade down below 20 or with Philadelphia, because it seems that the Eagles are also quite interested in Jimmy Smith.

I was thinking the same thing with the Bucs and Jimmy Smith. If Amukamara is on the board at #13, maybe the Bucs come calling and they take Amukamara and we get Smith at 20, now that would be a good scenario and one that could add a draft pick or two to the pile.

April 26th, 2011, 8:49 pm
RIP Killer

TNLionsFanatic wrote:
I was thinking the same thing with the Bucs and Jimmy Smith. If Amukamara is on the board at #13, maybe the Bucs come calling and they take Amukamara and we get Smith at 20, now that would be a good scenario and one that could add a draft pick or two to the pile.

I don't think the Bucs would trade up to get Amukamara. If the Lions wanted him, they'd pick him there and that would be that, the Buccaneers wouldn't even make an honest effort to trade up. If nothing else, they'd wait or make a trade with Miami, then pick a DE ahead of Jacksonville. Then they'd go CB in round two. If Prince was still on the board at #12, I think they find their trade partner in Minnesota and make that deal. Then they can take Prince ahead of Detroit, and the Vikes can move back and take Locker at a more reasonable spot, and that's the QB I think they want. Since the Vikings don't have a third round pick (traded to NE for Randy Moss), they may just take the TB third rounder in exchange for the move, and maybe a late rounder as well.

April 26th, 2011, 9:34 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

m2karateman wrote:
I don't think Mayhew will move out of the first round entirely, because of that fact that although the second and third round offers better value, the first round still represents better potential and impact players.

I agree with what you said, but my thinking is that the second and third rounds offer better value at positions of need for the Lions. I obviously have no idea what Mayhew is thinking, but that's the way I'm looking at the situation - instant gratification! :D

April 26th, 2011, 10:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2