View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 1st, 2014, 12:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 what about this scenario 
QB Coach

Post Re: what about this scenario
I like that trade down scenario but I dunno who I'd want at 27. Also, I find it hard to believe that Jones makes it past the Skins at 10. Unless Quinn is on the board or they like Watt or Jordan a lot, I see them taking Jones.

April 28th, 2011, 12:52 am
All State

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the idea of making this trade and putting us in a position to take Smith if he drops that far (probably doubtful), Dowling, or Ayers, then Carter/Wilson and continue to pick up 2nd BA DB and LB in this draft! I see more value in late 1st rd picks then I do reaching or taking an injury risk or character risk guy at 13.

April 28th, 2011, 3:29 am
NFL Team Captain

Wow... this sounds like a smoke screen started by the Lions.

Why would the Falcons go up to get a WR. They have Roddey White and the chance to draft a decent WR at 27, if that is what they need? I don't buy it.

I wouldn't mind it, but I aint buying it!

April 28th, 2011, 6:44 am
Veteran General Manager

allenslions wrote:
not draft related but what do you guys think of old chad johnson raving about working out with cj and stafford in atlanta?me thinks he wants to come here.would you sign him if he came on the cheap?

As long as he understands that he is the #2 WR, and is ok with that, I am ok with it. We would have CJ Squared. ( How come they don't have the squared and cubed signs on a computer keyboard?)

I like how Chad is a great worker and practices how he plays. Every time I hear 1 of his team mates talk about him, they say how he is a great team mate. It's the extra curricular activities that make Chad look like a diva. Again, If he doesn't let the outside activities affect his on field performance, I'm ok with it.

April 28th, 2011, 9:24 am
Veteran General Manager

Numbers Game wrote:
I would love to trade down with either the Steelers or the Falcons. If as you propose, we would receive the Falcons 1st, 2nd and 4th, I would prefer a scenario such as this one.

1R: Jimmy Smith - CB
2R: Bruce Carter - LB
2R: Stefen Wisniewski - OG/C
3R: Edmund Gates - WR
4R: Curtis Brown - CB
4R: Quan Sturdivant - LB
5R: David Mims - OT
7R: Allen Bradford - RB

Talk about a dream draft scenario...

I think I would need a new pair of underwear. LOL.

April 28th, 2011, 9:25 am
Veteran General Manager

allenslions wrote:
this is my last lions draft scenario .it takes the atlanta trade there 1st 2rd 4rd picks
1rd-ras i dowling
2rd-stefan wisnieski
2rd-akeem dent
3rd-edmond gates
4rd-john moffitt
4rd-mario harvey
5rd-david mims
7rd-mario fannin
then with next years 6th rd pick select janoris jenkins in the supplemental draft.this is very doable guys lets see if mayhew is as good as me.lol

Once we make the playoffs this year, we won't have a 6th round pick next year. :D So, I don't think we would be allowed to use the 6th pick to select him. I think the League would dis-allow it.

April 28th, 2011, 9:27 am
Veteran General Manager

Pablo wrote:
Yeah, this blog was put up just before 6:30pm

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons-bl ... lcons_blog

Quote:
BIRDLAND – The bat phone has been shake, rattling and rolling all day on vibrate.

No, the Falcons are not getting ready to mortgage the future to get Georgia wide receiver A.J. Green. The cost to get up into the top five is prohibitive.

It would cost the Falcons’ their first round pick this year, their first, second and third next year.

However, Alabama wide receiver Julio Jones could be in play.

Here’s how that can happen.

Jones has to slip outside of the top 10. Most have him going to Cleveland at No. 6, but the Browns may go defense and take LSU cornerback Patrick Peterson.

If Houston, which needs secondary help, takes Nebraska cornerback Prince Amukamara with the 11the pick. The Detroit Lions, who pick 13th, could be looking to trade out of their spot.

The Falcons could send their first, second and fourth round picks this year along with next year’s second to the Lions. The key would be to get in front of St. Louis to take Jones.

If Jones doesn’t slip, look for the Falcons to hold onto the 27th pick.

Wow, this thread is just loaded with juicy little morsels.

I would love this trade. Not just for what we would get this year. I love the 2nd we would get next year just in case if Stafford breaks again. If he breaks again this year,( and this pains me to say because I have been a huge Stafford supporter), we have to face facts and accept that he will never stay healthy.

We would have enough fire power to trade up as far as needed to draft Luck next year. Even if we have to add our 2013 1st and 2nd round picks also to get him. Hopefully, we won't be in position for a very long time, to pick in the top 10 and get a franchise QB, ON THE CHEAP. So, if we want, and need, a franchise QB next year, it will cost us. And by all accounts, Luck is the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning. The price is not too expensive for that.

NOTE: I am only suggesting this if Stafford gets hurt and misses a bunch of games again.

April 28th, 2011, 9:42 am
RIP Killer

TNLionsFanatic wrote:
Wow... this sounds like a smoke screen started by the Lions.

Why would the Falcons go up to get a WR. They have Roddey White and the chance to draft a decent WR at 27, if that is what they need? I don't buy it.

I wouldn't mind it, but I aint buying it!

I'm with you TNLF, I can't buy into the Falcons trading up for a WR, even one as gifted as Julio Jones.

Now, if you want to talk about them trading up to possibly get Robert Quinn, if he somehow falls that far, that's a different story. That would be a trade possibility I could understand (but highly doubt would happen).

April 28th, 2011, 12:53 pm
NFL Veteran

BillySims wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Yeah, this blog was put up just before 6:30pm

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons-bl ... lcons_blog

Quote:
BIRDLAND – The bat phone has been shake, rattling and rolling all day on vibrate.

No, the Falcons are not getting ready to mortgage the future to get Georgia wide receiver A.J. Green. The cost to get up into the top five is prohibitive.

It would cost the Falcons’ their first round pick this year, their first, second and third next year.

However, Alabama wide receiver Julio Jones could be in play.

Here’s how that can happen.

Jones has to slip outside of the top 10. Most have him going to Cleveland at No. 6, but the Browns may go defense and take LSU cornerback Patrick Peterson.

If Houston, which needs secondary help, takes Nebraska cornerback Prince Amukamara with the 11the pick. The Detroit Lions, who pick 13th, could be looking to trade out of their spot.

The Falcons could send their first, second and fourth round picks this year along with next year’s second to the Lions. The key would be to get in front of St. Louis to take Jones.

If Jones doesn’t slip, look for the Falcons to hold onto the 27th pick.

Wow, this thread is just loaded with juicy little morsels.

I would love this trade. Not just for what we would get this year. I love the 2nd we would get next year just in case if Stafford breaks again. If he breaks again this year,( and this pains me to say because I have been a huge Stafford supporter), we have to face facts and accept that he will never stay healthy.

We would have enough fire power to trade up as far as needed to draft Luck next year. Even if we have to add our 2013 1st and 2nd round picks also to get him. Hopefully, we won't be in position for a very long time, to pick in the top 10 and get a franchise QB, ON THE CHEAP. So, if we want, and need, a franchise QB next year, it will cost us. And by all accounts, Luck is the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning. The price is not too expensive for that.

NOTE: I am only suggesting this if Stafford gets hurt and misses a bunch of games again.

I'm down for me some Andrew Luck even if Stafford is healthy. Lol.

April 28th, 2011, 2:03 pm
Profile WWW
Player of the Year - Defense

If that trade happens, I'd be hoping for

1:Ras-I
2a: Harris
2b: Carter

April 28th, 2011, 4:35 pm
Team MVP

njroar wrote:
If that trade happens, I'd be hoping for

1:Ras-I
2a: Harris
2b: Carter

That works.

Or..

1: Ras-I
2a: Carter
2b: Wisniewski

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 28th, 2011, 4:49 pm
Veteran General Manager

I am Green with envy of Cleveland. But, I really like that we got maybe the best Defensive player in this draft.

April 29th, 2011, 12:06 pm
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
I am Green with envy of Cleveland. But, I really like that we got maybe the best Defensive player in this draft.

I'm envious of them as well. I still can't believe that Atlanta gave up so much to get Julio Jones. He's talented, but not to the tune of two firsts, a second and two fourth round picks. That's just insane.

I can't believe that there were only four trades in the entire first round. I can't remember when there we so few in the first round. There were 8 trades in the first round last year, and 9 the year before.

April 29th, 2011, 1:06 pm
RIP Killer

You know the Vikings had to be trying hard to trade back knowing they could still land Ponder and pick up more picks. When that didn't happen the chances of Detroit trading back was almost none. With the QB run, teams were content to sit still as players they thought they had no shot at were falling to them. Think of the Lions, who would you like - Fairley, Quinn, Amukamara, etc.

Also remember, you couldn't trade players. I also think with the CBA up in the air many teams may have been reluctant to trade next years picks who could be more valuable since the players will cost less with a rookie wage scale in place.

You may see some movement in the early second round, especially with just two QBs left. I'd love to see Dalton and Mallet go in the first 11 picks in round two...

April 29th, 2011, 1:14 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Pablo wrote:
You know the Vikings had to be trying hard to trade back knowing they could still land Ponder and pick up more picks. When that didn't happen the chances of Detroit trading back was almost none. With the QB run, teams were content to sit still as players they thought they had no shot at were falling to them. Think of the Lions, who would you like - Fairley, Quinn, Amukamara, etc.

Also remember, you couldn't trade players. I also think with the CBA up in the air many teams may have been reluctant to trade next years picks who could be more valuable since the players will cost less with a rookie wage scale in place.

You may see some movement in the early second round, especially with just two QBs left. I'd love to see Dalton and Mallet go in the first 11 picks in round two...

I'd be surprised if Dalton and Mallet don't go in the 1st 11 of round 2.

NEVER GIVE UP!

April 29th, 2011, 1:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next