View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 29th, 2014, 11:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Jimmy Smith Issues 
All State

Post Re: Jimmy Smith Issues
I have quite a bit of mixed feelings about him. It's looking more and more likely that Prince will be off of the board at 13 too, as will Tyron Smith. Castonzo may be a better prospect then Smith and would be a good compromise. I don't feel ready to take a DE (especially Bowers due to his health) when KVB still belongs on this team and Avril and McBride are certainly serviceable. So if it came down to it, if Mayhew honestly, 100% feels that his off field issues aren't as big of a present concern right now, I'd feel sort of okay with it if Amukumura, Smith, and Costonzo are off the board. I'd rather see them trade back though at that point.

But yes, you can't really deny the potential for this kid to become Aquib, Pacman, Chris Henry, squire more children then Merriman or Cromartie, or turn into the new Fat Mike Williams or Charles Rodgers for the Lions. At this point though I am starting to come around to the idea that we should trust Mayhew's draft instincts and their stubborn BPA, and "build for the future" insistence should lead them away from a guy that they feel is to great of a potential long term risk.

April 28th, 2011, 3:18 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Antonio Cromartie 2.

April 28th, 2011, 5:03 pm
RIP Killer

So much for smith being so great. 24 teams have passed him up so far.

April 28th, 2011, 10:48 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Well, he went to Baltimore at 27 (or 26) which is where I thought he would end up. I just wanna know what the confusion with getting the pick in was all about.

April 28th, 2011, 11:42 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

They had a pick with Chicago lined up, but Chicago didn't confirm with league in time.

April 28th, 2011, 11:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3