View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 6:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 NFC North Picks 
RIP Killer

Post NFC North Picks
We haven't really discussed the first round picks of the NFC North, here are my rankings:

1) Detroit, DT Nick Fairley - great value pick at 13 and adding him to the DL in Motown will really scare the rest of the NFCN QBs.

2) Chicago, OT Gabe Carimi - another good value pick at 29 and a position of need. Solid choice in the Windy city.

3) Green Bay, OT Derrick Sherrod - the last of the 5 OTs with a first round grade. Got him at about the right spot but I think there were a couple of better value picks still left.

4) Minnesota, QB Christian Ponder - took a 2nd round talent at pick 12 and the Lions say thank you! Biggest reach in the first round. Vikes are quickly cementing themselves in the division cellar.

What say you?

April 29th, 2011, 10:20 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Post Re: NFC North Picks
How could they not draft Oline with the Lions creating the best DL in NFL history (yes, I went there!)

April 29th, 2011, 10:31 am
Heisman Winner

steensn wrote:
How could they not draft Oline with the Lions creating the best DL in NFL history (yes, I went there!)

Oh boy, here we go.

steensn is doing Honolulu blue kool aid keg stands. :lol:

April 29th, 2011, 10:49 am
Heisman Winner

Pablo wrote:
We haven't really discussed the first round picks of the NFC North, here are my rankings:

1) Detroit, DT Nick Fairley - great value pick at 13 and adding him to the DL in Motown will really scare the rest of the NFCN QBs. Can't argue this. Hopefully Fairley uses this 12 team bypass as motivation since he's rumored to lack it at times.

2) Chicago, OT Gabe Carimi - another good value pick at 29 and a position of need. Solid choice in the Windy city. The pick made good sense for a team that treated it's QB like a pinata last year. The Lion's pick certainly gave them a sense of urgency here.

3) Green Bay, OT Derrick Sherrod - the last of the 5 OTs with a first round grade. Got him at about the right spot but I think there were a couple of better value picks still left. Even though they won the Super Bowl, this team doesn't run the ball very well and this will help.

4) Minnesota, QB Christian Ponder - took a 2nd round talent at pick 12 and the Lions say thank you! Biggest reach in the first round. Vikes are quickly cementing themselves in the division cellar. Totally agree. This train is quickly and efficiently derailing. Buh bye.What say you?

Last edited by yostevo on April 29th, 2011, 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 29th, 2011, 10:56 am
RIP Killer

Time to get excited. Fairley is top 5 talent in most drafts and Suh is top 2 talent in every draft! Suh is IMO now proven, Fairley as I stated before the draft is going to be a stud. With the DE supporting cast what are teams going to do? The Williams Wall was too much to handle and Suh is better than eithe rof them. It's going to be good times (best of all times was a fun stretch).

Imagine if Bowers fell to us at 44! Lol...

April 29th, 2011, 10:56 am
RIP Killer

Pablo wrote:

1) Detroit, DT Nick Fairley - great value pick at 13 and adding him to the DL in Motown will really scare the rest of the NFCN QBs.

Hard to argue this as the best pick among the NFCN teams. Quite possibly the steal of the draft if he overcomes the work ethic rumors and "dirty" player moniker hung on him. Suh should serve as an inspiration to him in regards to the work ethic, along with KVB.

Pablo wrote:
2) Chicago, OT Gabe Carimi - another good value pick at 29 and a position of need. Solid choice in the Windy city.

Chicago needed this pick, and should probably add at least one interior OL in the next two rounds, with a DT thrown in. I think they got a good value here, and the battles between him and Suh/Avril/Fairley could become great to watch.

Pablo wrote:
3) Green Bay, OT Derrick Sherrod - the last of the 5 OTs with a first round grade. Got him at about the right spot but I think there were a couple of better value picks still left.

I think this pick and the Chicago pick are neck and neck. Sherrod is a solid pick, in my opinion. This could allow the Pack to keep Bulaga on the right side, where he excelled last season. They could have taken Ayers or Reed to be their OLB opposite Matthews, but shoring up the o-line takes precedence, especially after Rodgers was victimized against the Lions in their last meeting. I truly think the Lions taking Fairley STRONGLY influenced the Chicago and GB picks.

Pablo wrote:
4) Minnesota, QB Christian Ponder - took a 2nd round talent at pick 12 and the Lions say thank you! Biggest reach in the first round. Vikes are quickly cementing themselves in the division cellar.

All I can say is.... hahahahahaha....HaHaHaHaHa.......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

April 29th, 2011, 11:07 am
Hall of Fame Player

Quote:

Hey Vikings. We are Laughing at you, not with you. LOL. \:D/

April 29th, 2011, 11:19 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
BillySims wrote:
Quote:

Hey Vikings. We are Laughing at you, not with you. LOL. \:D/

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

April 29th, 2011, 1:26 pm
Profile WWW
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I don't think anyone would argue that the Vikings didn't have the worst first round of any NFCN team. The Lions took the BPA at 13, while Chicago and Green Bay selected quality players at a position of need. The Vikings were the only one who reached big time.

April 29th, 2011, 5:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]