View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 18th, 2014, 1:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Detroit is guaranteed... 
Baton Girl

Post Detroit is guaranteed...
Detroit is guaranteed that one of the following 11 players is available when they draft #44. Who do you prefer?

Da'Quan Bowers - DE
Akeem Ayers - OLB
Aaron Williams - CB
Brandon Harris - CB
Martez Wilson - OLB
Titus Young - WR
Mikel Leshoure - RB
Ras-I Dowling - CB
Bruce Carter - OLB
Rodney Hudson - OG/C
Stefen Wisniewski - OG/C

I'm going with Carter or Harris if available.

April 29th, 2011, 10:58 am
Pop Warner Allstar

Post Re: Detroit is guaranteed...
This is really hard for me because just the idea of taking Da'Quan Bowers if he is there with our D-line already and if he returns to form would be insane. But I just don't see how we can spend pick 1 & 2 on our line. I am leaning towards Bruce Carter and Aaron Williams. Though I think we will have the option to trade back and still get someone on this list. So I wouldn't mind see us trading back to pick up more picks.

April 29th, 2011, 11:02 am
RIP Killer

Numbers Game wrote:
Detroit is guaranteed that one of the following 11 players is available when they draft #44. Who do you prefer?

Da'Quan Bowers - DE
Akeem Ayers - OLB
Aaron Williams - CB
Brandon Harris - CB
Martez Wilson - OLB
Titus Young - WR
Mikel Leshoure - RB
Ras-I Dowling - CB
Bruce Carter - OLB
Rodney Hudson - OG/C
Stefen Wisniewski - OG/C

Given that there will be 11 picks in front of them all these players could be gone - unlikely but you said guaranteed. Give me RID please, but would also like any of the LBs.

April 29th, 2011, 11:03 am
Profile WWW
Team MVP

I like Dowling, Wisniewski, and Carter.

I'd really love to replace Raiola with Wisniewski. Lets hope the Lions can make it happen.

I think the thing to remember if we DONT get someone we wanted, is that Free Agency has yet to happen.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 29th, 2011, 11:04 am
Heisman Winner

1. Bowers (you just have to take this risk, the DL becomes epic)
2. Harris (I'm a big fan. He reminds me of that small CB in ATL Grimes that just makes play after play despite his size)
3. Dowling (Any shortcomings he has will get masked by the line, day one starter)
4. Wilson (I think he's a talented and a safe pick)
5. Carter (Lots of talent and we can wait on it)

April 29th, 2011, 11:06 am
Team MVP

Pablo wrote:
Numbers Game wrote:

Da'Quan Bowers - DE
Akeem Ayers - OLB
Aaron Williams - CB
Brandon Harris - CB
Martez Wilson - OLB
Titus Young - WR
Mikel Leshoure - RB
Ras-I Dowling - CB
Bruce Carter - OLB
Rodney Hudson - OG/C
Stefen Wisniewski - OG/C

Given that there will be 11 picks in front of them all these players could be gone - unlikely but you said guaranteed. Give me RID please, but would also like any of the LBs.

True. But we can probably add to that list guys like Torrey Smith, Ben Ijalana, Justin Houston, Andy Dalton...

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 29th, 2011, 11:07 am
Hall of Fame Player

Pablo wrote:
Numbers Game wrote:

Da'Quan Bowers - DE
Akeem Ayers - OLB
Aaron Williams - CB
Brandon Harris - CB
Martez Wilson - OLB
Titus Young - WR
Mikel Leshoure - RB
Ras-I Dowling - CB
Bruce Carter - OLB
Rodney Hudson - OG/C
Stefen Wisniewski - OG/C

Well, you have to figure that someone will trade up for Mallett and someone else will trade up/select Dalton before we pick at 44.

edited to add:

The only players on that list that I don't want are Aaron Williams and Titus Young. I would be very happy with anyone else on the list. But, I prefer either Harris or Dowling. Our D-line is dominant. Time to work on the defensive backfield. And worry about LB in Free Agency.

Last edited by BillySims on April 29th, 2011, 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 29th, 2011, 11:08 am
RIP Killer

If Bowers falls, you can't go against BPA... no matter how insane that seems given the situation. If he's gone, very likely, Ayers or Ras would be great based on need.

April 29th, 2011, 11:09 am
Pop Warner Allstar

kdsberman wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Numbers Game wrote:

Da'Quan Bowers - DE
Akeem Ayers - OLB
Aaron Williams - CB
Brandon Harris - CB
Martez Wilson - OLB
Titus Young - WR
Mikel Leshoure - RB
Ras-I Dowling - CB
Bruce Carter - OLB
Rodney Hudson - OG/C
Stefen Wisniewski - OG/C

True. But we can probably add to that list guys like Torrey Smith, Ben Ijalana, Justin Houston, Andy Dalton...

Could Kyle Randolph also be selected before as well?

April 29th, 2011, 11:11 am
RIP Killer

I have few doubts that a number of them will be there. Bowers is the most interesting on the list and if Mayhew and the medical staff have him as BPA then so be it. Otherwise, my draft board is stacked with corners and linebackers. WR is a very deep position that you can address all the way down the draft. RB sounds nice, but look at all the late round picks and UFA at the spot who rush for 1,000+ yards.

I'm torn on the OL at this point. If they don't address it the line looms as a potential big problem going forward. I just don't know where Gos stands and what their thinking on Fox is at this point. The Sims signing last year has me feeling much better about the inside. I really like the kid from Slippery Rock later in the draft at the center spot (he is like the SLH pick a few years ago for me).

April 29th, 2011, 11:14 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

My second round draft board looks like this:

1. CB Ras I-Dowling - if he proves to be resilient and not injury prone, yet another steal for the Lions

2. RB Mikel LeShoure - he fits EXACTLY what the Lions need, a strong punishing runner to pair with Best.

3. OC Stefen Wisniewski - could solve one of two o-line issues, and has NFL bloodlines.

4. LB Bruce Carter - all indications are that his knee is healing up on schedule or slightly ahead of schedule. If he returns to form, a HUGE steal, but it's still a big IF at this point.

5. CB Brandon Harris - may not be a perfect fit in the defense, but talent is talent and Harris has enough to quantify the pick at 44.

6. LB Martez Wilson - knock on him is lack of coverage skills...fine, put him in the middle, move Levy outside and let's rock some ball carriers.

7. DE Brooks Reed - incredible quickness and tireless worker. Sound familiar?

8. DE Da'Quan Bowers - there's a reason he's fallen so far, and it's all medical, which worries the hell out of me. Sign him to a short deal and get what you can out of him.

9. OL Ben Ijalana - can play either tackle or guard, and having that level of versatility is nice.

10. CB Davon House - great measurables, but sometimes small school corners don't do well in the NFL. It's a gamble that I'd be willing to take.

April 29th, 2011, 11:19 am
Baton Girl

I tend to think that they can probably hold off on an OL selection until at least the 3rd round. There are some quality guards that will fall, and I believe they really like the Mims kid at OT. That's what makes me lean more toward CB/LB, or a BPA strategy. Leshoure would be nice, but like a previous poster said, there are quality RBs later in the draft that would fit in just fine for Detroit (Allen Bradford and Mario Fannin come to mind in the late rounds).

Agree on Titus Young as well, but he would be a nice vertical threat to add to the offense. I do think guys like Ricardo Lockette and Aldrick Robinson provide similar skill sets later in the draft.

April 29th, 2011, 11:44 am
Baton Girl

Pablo wrote:
Numbers Game wrote:

Da'Quan Bowers - DE
Akeem Ayers - OLB
Aaron Williams - CB
Brandon Harris - CB
Martez Wilson - OLB
Titus Young - WR
Mikel Leshoure - RB
Ras-I Dowling - CB
Bruce Carter - OLB
Rodney Hudson - OG/C
Stefen Wisniewski - OG/C

Point taken - thought I had listed 12 players...like others said, these 11 won't all be taken by #44 anyway.

April 29th, 2011, 11:46 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I think the remaining top 3 QBs will be taken before us in the second. I think some of the early teams gambled thinking the QBs wouldn't go so fast (San Fran, Cinci, Arizona) and are probably sh***ing themselves today. We're gonna get a good player.

April 29th, 2011, 11:52 am
Hall of Fame Player

thelomasbrowns wrote:
I think the remaining top 3 QBs will be taken before us in the second. I think some of the early teams gambled thinking the QBs wouldn't go so fast (San Fran, Cinci, Arizona) and are probably sh***ing themselves today. We're gonna get a good player.

I think AZ was fully expecting Ponder to be there for them. LOL.

April 29th, 2011, 11:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next