View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 1st, 2014, 10:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Round 2 up to 44? 
Veteran General Manager

Post Round 2 up to 44?
33. Patriots - I think they trade the pick. But, even if they keep the pick, I think Mallett's fall ends here. Brady can't play forever right?
34. Bills - I think Bowers goes here. I don't see any of the remaining QBs being any better than Fitz.
35. Bengals - Dalton, they have got to protect themselves. And Dalton is a great fit for them.
36. Broncos - Marvin Austin. Not sure what they need. Just went with the BPA according to a top 100 prospects list I am using.
37. Browns - Leonard Hankerson. They need a WR. And 1 is there for them.
38. Cardinals - They Need a QB. I would love to see them go Kaepernick here. But, I doubt they will. BPA is Kyle Rudolph.
39. Titans - Justin Houston is BPA. Not sure if they need a DE though.
40. Cowboys - They need a CB. I think they take Harris here.
41. Redskins - Not sure what they need. Akeem Ayers is BPA.
42. Texans - Switching to 3-4. They went DE in 1st. I think they reach a little here and select Stephan Paea to be their NT.
43. Vikings - They are Pondering who the Lions selected in the 1st round and sharted all over themselves. (Pun intended.) :lol: And now they are getting a knot in their stomach because there isn't anyone available here to protect their 1st round reach. So, they help their D-line some by picking Christian Ballard, DE.
44. Lions - We are left with plenty of choices here. Allen Bailey DE, Brooks Reed DE, Dowling, and Wisniewski are the next few BPA's. Then there are 2 safeties Moore and McDaniel. And Curtis Brown CB and Bruce Carter LB.

We could trade down 8 spots and still get a really good player that we could use here. Or do we just draft Dowling and call it good?

April 29th, 2011, 11:53 am
RIP Killer

Post Re: Round 2 up to 44?
BillySims wrote:
33. Patriots - I think they trade the pick. But, even if they keep the pick, I think Mallett's fall ends here. Brady can't play forever right?
34. Bills - I think Bowers goes here. I don't see any of the remaining QBs being any better than Fitz.
35. Bengals - Dalton, they have got to protect themselves. And Dalton is a great fit for them.
36. Broncos - Marvin Austin. Not sure what they need. Just went with the BPA according to a top 100 prospects list I am using.
37. Browns - Leonard Hankerson. They need a WR. And 1 is there for them.
38. Cardinals - They Need a QB. I would love to see them go Kaepernick here. But, I doubt they will. BPA is Kyle Rudolph.
39. Titans - Justin Houston is BPA. Not sure if they need a DE though.
40. Cowboys - They need a CB. I think they take Harris here.
41. Redskins - Not sure what they need. Akeem Ayers is BPA.
42. Texans - Switching to 3-4. They went DE in 1st. I think they reach a little here and select Stephan Paea to be their NT.
43. Vikings - They are Pondering who the Lions selected in the 1st round and sharted all over themselves. (Pun intended.) :lol: And now they are getting a knot in their stomach because there isn't anyone available here to protect their 1st round reach. So, they help their D-line some by picking Christian Ballard, DE.
44. Lions - We are left with plenty of choices here. Allen Bailey DE, Brooks Reed DE, Dowling, and Wisniewski are the next few BPA's. Then there are 2 safeties Moore and McDaniel. And Curtis Brown CB and Bruce Carter LB.

We could trade down 8 spots and still get a really good player that we could use here. Or do we just draft Dowling and call it good?

33. NE - DE MARVIN AUSTIN - they are still looking for a 5 technique, and Austin has first round skills

34. BUF - QB ANDY DALTON - I don't think they want the Mallett headache, and Dalton is a better fit for development.

35. CIN - DE DA'QUAN BOWERS - Cinci will gamble to put a stud opposite Carlos Dunlap in a conference where a strong pass rush is key.

36. DEN - TE KYLE RUDOLPH - First round talent that is the type of all around tight end John Fox likes

37. CLE - CB/S AARON WILLIAMS - Eric Wright was bad, but if they feel he's still serviceable they can use Williams at safety and as a nickel back.

38. ARZ - LB AKEEM AYERS - They still need an outside pass rusher and Ayers is versatile enough to do the job for them and still cover some people.

39. TEN - DT STEPHEN PAEA - They skipped on Fairley, but I don't think they'll skip on this position of need with a first round talent here.

40. DAL - CB BRANDON HARRIS - I don't think they'll allow Harris to slip past them since Aaron Williams is off the board.

41. WAS - QB RYAN MALLETT - Whether he fits the mold or not, Shanahan has to take a quarterback in this round, and I don't think he'll wait.

42. HOU - LB BROOKS REED - They'll continue to bolster their defense, and many felt that Reed could go in the middle of round one.

43. MIN - OG BEN IJALANA - With Detroit loading up on the defensive line and their taking of a new QB, they had BETTER do what they can to protect him.

44. DET - CB RAS I-DOWLING - Carter would be nice, but corner truly is the greater need and the knee situation is not a 100% go for Bruce.

45. SF - QB COLIN KAEPERNICK - Harbaugh isn't a stupid guy, and he knows Alex Smith isn't the answer.

46. DEN - DT CHRISTIAN BALLARD
47. STL - RB RYAN WILLIAMS
48. OAK - CB DAVON HOUSE
49. WAS - WR TORREY SMITH
50. SD - LB MARTEZ WILSON
51. TB - DE JUSTIN HOUSTON
52. NYG - OC STEFEN WISNIEWSKI
53. IND - WR RANDALL COBB
54. PHI - OC RODNEY HUDSON
55. KC - LB JABAAL SHEARD
56. NE - RB MIKEL LeSHOURE
57. SEA - DE ALLEN BAILEY
58. BAL - WR TITUS YOUNG
59. CLE - LB BRUCE CARTER
60. NE - DE JURRELL CASEY
61. SD - CB CURTIS BROWN
62. CHI - WR TANDON DOSS
63. PIT - OT MARCUS GILBERT
64. GB - RB DeMARCO MURRAY

Last edited by m2karateman on April 29th, 2011, 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 29th, 2011, 12:23 pm
Varsity Captain

i dont know why people think williams and sammy hill will loose playing time.i think the only guy that looses much playing time will be mcbride as i think suh will see at lde.

April 29th, 2011, 12:38 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I personally can see either the Cowboys or Texans taking CB Aaron Williams.

NEVER GIVE UP!

April 29th, 2011, 12:41 pm
RIP Killer

allenslions wrote:
i dont know why people think williams and sammy hill will loose playing time.i think the only guy that looses much playing time will be mcbride as i think suh will see at lde.

I thought McBride was supposed to become a FA.

April 29th, 2011, 12:45 pm

Me too m2k.

NEVER GIVE UP!

April 29th, 2011, 12:48 pm

Looks like we're going to be operating under 2010 rules again, so a lot of the UFAs aren't actually going to be UFAs.

April 29th, 2011, 12:55 pm
RIP Killer

thelomasbrowns wrote:
Looks like we're going to be operating under 2010 rules again, so a lot of the UFAs aren't actually going to be UFAs.

I think this cuts the list from near 500 to under 200. Chris Houston shouldn't be going anywhere now. I need to see if I can find a list of the FAs with 6+ years experience.

April 29th, 2011, 1:02 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

And just to clarify, Asomugha doesn't fall under that umbrella since his deal was selectively voided, correct?

April 29th, 2011, 1:10 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Pablo wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

I think this cuts the list from near 500 to under 200. Chris Houston shouldn't be going anywhere now. I need to see if I can find a list of the FAs with 6+ years experience.

Unless I'm mistaken, one player affected is Stephen Tulloch, who wouldn't be an UFA as many of us hoped.

April 29th, 2011, 1:15 pm
RIP Killer

mwill2 wrote:
Pablo wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

Unless I'm mistaken, one player affected is Stephen Tulloch, who wouldn't be an UFA as many of us hoped.

Correct, Tulloch just missed the cut off. M2K, if a player was cut or his contract voided it shouldn't matter how long he has played.

April 29th, 2011, 1:17 pm
Profile WWW
Player of the Year - Defense

Nothing has been stated about going to 2010 rules. They could go with the latest offer and use those rules. Anything they do will bring up possible anti-trust violations, but using the closest thing to an agreement would lessen the chance.

April 29th, 2011, 1:24 pm

m2karateman wrote:
And just to clarify, Asomugha doesn't fall under that umbrella since his deal was selectively voided, correct?

I think you're right.

April 29th, 2011, 1:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]