View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 30th, 2014, 2:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Detroit is guaranteed... 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Detroit is guaranteed...
BillySims wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
I think the remaining top 3 QBs will be taken before us in the second. I think some of the early teams gambled thinking the QBs wouldn't go so fast (San Fran, Cinci, Arizona) and are probably sh***ing themselves today. We're gonna get a good player.

I think AZ was fully expecting Ponder to be there for them. LOL.

So was Buffalo.....

April 29th, 2011, 12:46 pm
NFL Veteran

yostevo wrote:
1. Bowers (you just have to take this risk, the DL becomes epic)
2. Harris (I'm a big fan. He reminds me of that small CB in ATL Grimes that just makes play after play despite his size)
3. Dowling (Any shortcomings he has will get masked by the line, day one starter)
4. Wilson (I think he's a talented and a safe pick)
5. Carter (Lots of talent and we can wait on it)

I agree if you stay true to the board it's DaQuan. Hate neglecting positions of need, but after thinking about it... it'd be tough to say no to playing behind this dline if your name is say, Stephen Tulloch or Ndami Asamougha.

April 29th, 2011, 1:42 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Honolulu_Blue wrote:
yostevo wrote:
2. Harris (I'm a big fan. He reminds me of that small CB in ATL Grimes that just makes play after play despite his size)
3. Dowling (Any shortcomings he has will get masked by the line, day one starter)

I agree if you stay true to the board it's DaQuan. Hate neglecting positions of need, but after thinking about it... it'd be tough to say no to playing behind this dline if your name is say, Stephen Tulloch or Ndami Asamougha.

Not necessarily true--the knee may have taken him off of many people's boards altogether.

April 29th, 2011, 2:01 pm
Heisman Winner

thelomasbrowns wrote:
Honolulu_Blue wrote:
yostevo wrote:

Not necessarily true--the knee may have taken him off of many people's boards altogether.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think you blindly take him and cross your fingers. Obviously interested teams have gotten the medical done on him and if you don't think it's a career threatening injury, you take this risk.

Maybe you redshirt him this year and ease him into the rotation the following year as KVB fades. Two years from now, you might just have a diamond in the rough.

April 29th, 2011, 2:20 pm
NFL Veteran

Right. He's a lot cheaper now obviously, not a earth shattering investment. And if he proves the doubters wrong by staying healthy, you can be assured he will be playing with a chip on his shoulder the size of the moon, and you got the biggest steal of the draft.

April 29th, 2011, 2:25 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity Captain

i think taking bowers would be overkill because there are corners and linebackers that warrent that 44th pick.ras i dowling would be a great pickup but so would carter even though i think the lions would be better served to get ras then going after akeem dent in the 3rd a very instinctive tackling machine with solid speed.with lbers i,ll always take instincts over speed.

April 29th, 2011, 2:28 pm
RIP Killer

Bowers is no diamond in the rough, that kid would have been top 5 minus the knee injury. Second round, you take that chance. Make sure he is healed, then get him in the lineup ASAP. If he's healthy, he's going to be dominant.

Would taking him be overkill? BPA is BPA... do ou pass up top 5 talent for need at pick 44? Not if you think he's likely to recover.

April 29th, 2011, 2:30 pm
Heisman Winner

steensn wrote:
Bowers is no diamond in the rough, that kid would have been top 5 minus the knee injury. Second round, you take that chance. Make sure he is healed, then get him in the lineup ASAP. If he's healthy, he's going to be dominant.

Would taking him be overkill? BPA is BPA... do ou pass up top 5 talent for need at pick 44? Not if you think he's likely to recover.

I meant the "rough" being the injury situation. His talent is unmistakeable. A true shiny diamond. He jumps off the screen with his speed and size combination.

Overkill? No way. I want the best players, not the best positions. FAs will flock to plug the holes we have if you have known talent in place.

Last edited by yostevo on April 29th, 2011, 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 29th, 2011, 2:34 pm
RIP Killer

yostevo wrote:
steensn wrote:

I meant the "rough" being the injury situation. His talent is unmistakeable. A true shiny diamond. He jumps off the screen with his speed and size combination.

Overkill? No way. I want the best players, not the best positions.

Cool, same thoughts for me

April 29th, 2011, 2:36 pm
NFL Veteran

:shock:

LDE: DaQuan Bowers
DT: Ndamukong Suh
DT: Nick Fairley
RDE: Cliff Avril

Quarterbacks worst nightmare.

April 29th, 2011, 2:50 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

The rotation behind them aint to bad with Turk, Hill, etc.

April 29th, 2011, 2:56 pm
RIP Killer

Honolulu_Blue wrote:

You forgot KVB! :idea:

April 29th, 2011, 2:56 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Pablo wrote:
Honolulu_Blue wrote:

You forgot KVB! :idea:

Long term, KVB will be gone soon...

April 29th, 2011, 2:57 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Right now, I would be disappointed in anyone other than Dowling, Harris, Carter, or Wilson at 44. Unfortunately, this means that none of those players will be drafted by the Lions at that spot. :twisted:

April 29th, 2011, 5:20 pm
slybri19 wrote:
Right now, I would be disappointed in anyone other than Dowling, Harris, Carter, or Wilson at 44. Unfortunately, this means that none of those players will be drafted by the Lions at that spot. :twisted:

Hahaha... Sooo right you are...

April 29th, 2011, 11:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next