View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 30th, 2014, 10:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Boise Accused of Lack of Institutional Control 
RIP Killer

Post Boise Accused of Lack of Institutional Control
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=6471288

This is getting out of hand... I mean the NCAA. The punishment will NOT fit the crime. If Boise is going to get slapped, OSU will likely be something on the order of USC.

The NCAA is cracking down way to hard, it's time for change.

May 3rd, 2011, 9:19 pm
Post Re: Boise Accused of Lack of Institutional Control
I don't think that "changes need to be made," but I do think that OSU is going to get hit hard. IMO that's the only explanation to Pryor looking into the supplemental draft.

May 3rd, 2011, 11:18 pm
RIP Killer

1st, Pryor isn't going to get harder, he was given his punishment and the NCAA won't get around to punishment this year.

2nd, if Boise is going to get serious punishment (likely) for less than $5k worth of violations over 4 sports in 5 years things are getting out of hand.

May 3rd, 2011, 11:26 pm
Hall of Fame Player

steensn wrote:
1st, Pryor isn't going to get harder, he was given his punishment and the NCAA won't get around to punishment this year.

2nd, if Boise is going to get serious punishment (likely) for less than $5k worth of violations over 4 sports in 5 years things are getting out of hand.

Why? Because your team got caught? They might as well have given the Wolverine Basketball team the death penalty. They effectively did.

May 4th, 2011, 12:18 am
RIP Killer

Stop trying to make it what it is not... it's a problem that sports writers are making a big deal now. It has nothing to do with OSU having a few issues, I said I thought USC got a worse deal than what was deserved way before OSU got anything. Not sure why everyone thinks they need to play the homer card then complain about the raw deal their school got :roll: #-o

May 4th, 2011, 12:38 am
QB Coach

The NCAA has definitely gotten to be overbearing. I took a sports business class this term at school, and we had guest speakers from compliance at several schools come in. All of them said the NCAA guidelines are so long and arduous that nobody really knows all of them. There's just too much. When there are literally thousands of pages of regulations and rules, it's too much for any one organization to digest and understand. Changes definitely need to be made.

It's very similar to the US tax code. It's so long and complicated that nobody really knows it all and it should be revised and simplified.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

May 4th, 2011, 1:32 am
Hall of Fame Player

steensn wrote:
Stop trying to make it what it is not... it's a problem that sports writers are making a big deal now. It has nothing to do with OSU having a few issues, I said I thought USC got a worse deal than what was deserved way before OSU got anything. Not sure why everyone thinks they need to play the homer card then complain about the raw deal their school got :roll: #-o

It's just that I didn't hear you, or any fans of other College programs crying about this when the wolverines were being labotamized. You never cried about it until your team was investigated.

May 4th, 2011, 7:57 am
RIP Killer

1) This site didn't exist in 2002 when it happened.
2) I was 10 when this all went down in 1992...

May 4th, 2011, 8:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]