View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 19th, 2014, 2:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Sharks whooping... 
RIP Killer

Post Sharks whooping...
How am I supposed to mock the Shark's fans out here with the Wings on the brink of 0-4 playoff loss!? Out here everyone is a Sharks and Kings fan so they just switch to whomever is better...

May 5th, 2011, 12:59 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Sharks whooping...
That loss last night was heartbreaking to watch. Why can't we beat the Sharks?! I have a co-worker who is waiting to rub it in.

NEVER GIVE UP!

May 5th, 2011, 1:06 pm
Modmin Dude

IMO they're not playing with enough heart & determination. There were SEVERAL times last night the Sharks simply beat the Wings to the puck. And I'm sure that week-long layoff between series didn't help any either.

May 5th, 2011, 2:28 pm
RIP Killer

With the Wings getting whipped, the Tigers really struggling, and the Pistons terrible - does Detroit's sports hopes now lie with the Lions?

May 5th, 2011, 2:56 pm
Profile WWW
Afghan Allstar

Pablo wrote:
With the Wings getting whipped, the Tigers really struggling, and the Pistons terrible - does Detroit's sports hopes now lie with the Lions?

How scary is that? They did have a super long lay-off before this series.

May 5th, 2011, 10:11 pm
Team MVP

I'm shocked that the Wings didn't win game 3. I'm fairly new to hockey, but it looks like they had a lot of pressure on the goalie and had a ton of chances but couldn't get the puck in. In overtime, the Wings were in the Sharks zone almost the whole time and didn't put it in the net. Obviously a 2-2 series is a whole different ballgame than 3-1. I didn't get to see a lot of games 1 and 2 but I'm watching tonight. GO WINGS!!!

May 8th, 2011, 9:19 pm
RIP Killer

Staying alive - Go Wings!

May 9th, 2011, 12:21 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

We got a 3-3 series - Go Wings!

May 10th, 2011, 10:42 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Don't call it a comeback

May 11th, 2011, 12:49 am
I was at the game last night, and the Joe was off the hook.

A couple of observations:
1) The refs are clearly biased. 20 seconds after Holmstroms "goalie interference" call someone skated right by J. Howard and threw a forearm across his goalie mask. We need to sell these calls better. I'm not saying dive all over the place like S.Jose has, but embellish a little and get the call.

2) S. Jose are a bunch of cheap shot artists. They were holding sticks and punching us every chance they got. Pav took about 8-10 shots to the face throughout the game, all no calls... RIDICULOUS!!!

May 11th, 2011, 8:43 am
QB Coach

wjb21ndtown wrote:

1) The refs are clearly biased. 20 seconds after Holmstroms "goalie interference" call someone skated right by J. Howard and threw a forearm across his goalie mask. We need to sell these calls better. I'm not saying dive all over the place like S.Jose has, but embellish a little and get the call.

2) S. Jose are a bunch of cheap shot artists. They were holding sticks and punching us every chance they got. Pav took about 8-10 shots to the face throughout the game, all no calls... RIDICULOUS!!!

I'm not sure how you can say the refs are biased when SJ had more penalty minutes than the Red Wings. In fact, I just did the math and the Sharks have 78 penalty minutes for the series, while the Wings have 72. So the Sharks have had more penalty calls against them. I've watched most of the games and I haven't seen anything egregious. Sure, all refs will make bad calls, but they're not biased against the Wings.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

May 11th, 2011, 12:01 pm
Modmin Dude

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
I'm not sure how you can say the refs are biased when SJ had more penalty minutes than the Red Wings. In fact, I just did the math and the Sharks have 78 penalty minutes for the series, while the Wings have 72. So the Sharks have had more penalty calls against them. I've watched most of the games and I haven't seen anything egregious. Sure, all refs will make bad calls, but they're not biased against the Wings.

Agreed. Its been a great series thus far.

Go Wings! headbang.gif

May 11th, 2011, 12:09 pm
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

It's not about what they're calling TDJ, it's about what the refs are allowing San Jose to get away with.

May 11th, 2011, 12:27 pm
QB Coach

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

It's not about what they're calling TDJ, it's about what the refs are allowing San Jose to get away with.

I guess we'll agree to disagree then. I see it as pretty even. The Wings get away with things too. Everyone does. LIke I said, there will always be bad calls. But I don't see any bias from the refs.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

May 11th, 2011, 2:39 pm
Go to a game and see what's going on. If you were there last night you would agree with me. Pav was punched in the fact 8-10 times, no calls. Howard was forearmed, no call. It was utterly ridiculous.

May 11th, 2011, 3:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next