View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 21st, 2014, 3:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 How many more starts for Coke? 
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post How many more starts for Coke?
What do you guys think of Coke as a starter? It looks like its an adjustment for him and he has looked good at times but has had his share of struggles too. Probably too early to pull up a minor leaguer as Furbush is the hottest one right now and I dont think he s considered a blue chipper. With Brad Thomas not really earning his keep Coke has a spot in the bullpen I just dont think the Tigers think that any of their minor leaguers are ready to go the rest of the year in the bigs...For now, I bet they keep skipping Coke every now and then when they have off days and he keeps a starting gig until at least until June 1.

May 8th, 2011, 7:16 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Post Re: How many more starts for Coke?
A bottle of Coke> Phil Coke.

May 8th, 2011, 8:28 pm
RIP Killer

Coke is a terrible starter. Hated it since I heard it last year. The worst part - smokey is sayinghe needs to adjust to big league bats! Ummm, what??? What the hell has he been doing for the past few 4 years or so in the pen?

May 8th, 2011, 8:48 pm

Coke is finally done, Furbush in - i bet we will see Turner at some point after the all star break as well...hopefully furbush can handle it.

June 30th, 2011, 10:31 pm
RIP Killer

I expect a trade. I expect a 4.5 ERA for Furbush with a nice number of K's. However, Porcello needs to go to Toledo and work on whatever he's doing with tipping his pitches, because he has been god awful. Maybe a trade for the Big Z - Cubs are completely out of it and have been looking to unload Z for a couple years now. Unfortunately, he's owed A LOT of money.

Al Al is on the DL now, which I believe is part why they sent Coke back to the pen (outside of being a terrible starter).

July 1st, 2011, 10:51 am

al al being down hurt, i blame leyland for this one - he left him in too long in a game where he was ineffective vs the mets but otherwise im not a leyland basher. he took a chance and got burned. perry and coke will have to step up to handle the 6th-7th innings. otherwise leyland may not have a choice but to strain benoit/valverde...i think villareal back from the minors could have an impace. i bet oliveros gets sent down soon and wilk comes back soon as well - i expect schelereth to stay down for a few weeks.

looks like guillen is going to be up playing 2B soon...keeping my fingers crossed on this one but dont think its going to work out very well. 260 avg, 335 obp potentially in the No 2 spot of the lineup and better defense than raburn would give us a big lift

July 1st, 2011, 4:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]